Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Keep trying to level my character through nightmare tide to play the new expansion but i die of boredom a few quests in :S
    Starfall is worse mate. You literally cannot ding 70 without XP Pots and Patron XP bonuses through the main questing. You end up at 68-69 without them. And XP from Dungeons and Planar Assault is meh at best.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-16 at 08:57 PM.

All Hail Crucia !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    All Hail Crucia !!!
    No thanks. I don't want to hail an overused villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    No thanks. I don't want to hail an overused villain.
    pore Crucia gets no respect these days

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    All Hail Crucia !!!
    When we are at it, pls bring back Akylios for the 4th time.
    Kappa

I dont get the Crucia hate, leveling through that zone with that weird lady and his random screaming orders was the best experience i ever had in a MMO

good news everyone rift is so incompetent and has taken so long to come out with their patch it's looking like it will now be overshadowed with the upcoming wow patch
    good job rift team your on the fast track now

Quote Originally Posted by lokoma View Post
    good news everyone rift is so incompetent and has taken so long to come out with their patch it's looking like it will now be overshadowed with the upcoming wow patch
    good job rift team your on the fast track now
    To be fair it is normal in the industry for devs especially in MMOs to tie their release dates with other games. An example would be FF14 Heavensward and 6.2 for WoW coming out on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    To be fair it is normal in the industry for devs especially in MMOs to tie their release dates with other games. An example would be FF14 Heavensward and 6.2 for WoW coming out on the same day.
    This is true, but if they'd launched on time this wouldn't be an issue. There wasn't really squat going on in the MMO space a few weeks ago that I can think of, so they'd have had a pretty clear launch time. Not great for media with back to back trade shows, so it would have limited their coverage a bit, but they'd at least have avoided butting up against a major WoW patch that's sure to steal a lot of headlines.

Honestly though, at this point Rift is small enough that Blizzard doesn't really bother with competitive launches/announcements at the same time anymore. They did for years, but it doesn't really seem like Blizzard views Rift as a competitor anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is true, but if they'd launched on time this wouldn't be an issue. There wasn't really squat going on in the MMO space a few weeks ago that I can think of, so they'd have had a pretty clear launch time. Not great for media with back to back trade shows, so it would have limited their coverage a bit, but they'd at least have avoided butting up against a major WoW patch that's sure to steal a lot of headlines.

Honestly though, at this point Rift is small enough that Blizzard doesn't really bother with competitive launches/announcements at the same time anymore. They did for years, but it doesn't really seem like Blizzard views Rift as a competitor anymore.
    Oh yeah for sure with Rift. But I just meant games in general. The 6.2 and Heavensward one being an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Maybe because?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Maybe because?

Holy shit didn't realize it had dropped even lower than before. Makes me wonder how many are playing on the official client. 10,000? Maybe less?

Maybe because?

Oof, not exactly FFXIV or TESO huh?

Its a shame to see a game i really, really enjoyed turn to shit. I loved Storm Legion time, messing around at halloween in my pumpkin covered spooky mansion in the woods dimension with friends and making wierd macros to get the most out of my tempest builds but good lord it seems like Slipmats blind brand ambassador shillvalry is the only positive voice for the game outside its forums that serve only to act as an echo chamber.

What a goddamn shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    All MMO's die eventually, which kind of makes me regret putting so much time into them.

Maybe when RIFT shuts down they'll have a single player client available for download so we don't loose our characters or access to the world but I doubt it.
    Pretty sure you got a vast library of games that you haven't played in a long time, it happening to an MMO is no different.

I wouldn't say it's getting abandoned. But with them lowering the price of Soul Packs recently I imagine they need money for Rift. Like I said I see Trove being their cash cow now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Pretty sure you got a vast library of games that you haven't played in a long time, it happening to an MMO is no different.
    But I can play those games whenever I want. They're not going anywhere. MMO's disappear forever unless some private server takes over and doesn't get shut down itself.

i can see them later this year or early next year just shutting down rift or selling the ip they already lost player trust and there is no way they are going to be able to appeal to casual gamers

i can see them later this year or early next year just shutting down rift or selling the ip they already lost player trust and there is no way they are going to be able to appeal to casual gamers
    I haven't played since it had a sub model (even though they technically still do, depending on who you choose to believe on r/rift) but I'd say a HUGE barrier to entry is that 40-50 dollars more than a triple A game title on steam. $120 is nothing to really scoff at, and while yeah I get that you don't need most of the things in those bundles- people are competitive by nature and will see things like souls they don't have or empty earring slots as a negative or empty checkbox.

I'm not at all saying RIFT is dead, because honestly- I don't really care. It is however going through similar symptoms/death throes other games have gone through before the plug was inevitably pulled. No idea what the non-steam CU# looks like, but I don't imagine it higher than 10k- and that's pretty bleak friends.

If I was a new player somehow attracted to the idea of RIFT (and all it's content packs) and say that new Square Enix game, Dawn of War III and some DLC for both- I'd probably go the later route.

I haven't played since it had a sub model (even though they technically still do, depending on who you choose to believe on r/rift) but I'd say a HUGE barrier to entry is that 40-50 dollars more than a triple A game title on steam. $120 is nothing to really scoff at, and while yeah I get that you don't need most of the things in those bundles- people are competitive by nature and will see things like souls they don't have or empty earring slots as a negative or empty checkbox.

I'm not at all saying RIFT is dead, because honestly- I don't really care. It is however going through similar symptoms/death throes other games have gone through before the plug was inevitably pulled. No idea what the non-steam CU# looks like, but I don't imagine it higher than 10k- and that's pretty bleak friends.

If I was a new player somehow attracted to the idea of RIFT (and all it's content packs) and say that new Square Enix game, Dawn of War III and some DLC for both- I'd probably go the later route.
    that's another thing they do have a sub option and dlc and the expansion,,,,,,,,,,to get everything the game has to offer you need to spend an absurd amount of money and things like mounts and wardrobe dont go in game they go to the cash shop! so you can spend more money. the game is just a pay to win piece of crap

10+ Year Old Account
    things like mounts and wardrobe dont go in game they go to the cash shop! so you can spend more money. the game is just a pay to win piece of crap
    Thanks for proving you don't even play the game, every piece of gear you obtain in game from quests, drops, dungeons etc can be used in Wardrobe, once you unlock the skin it's yours forever on all your chars, as for mounts? sure you can get a few mounts through lockboxes but the vast majority of mounts are bought with in game currency, platinum.

The game even gives you a free mount at level 20, you can get mounts from achievements, heck you can even fish up mounts so where's that "Pay To Win" coming into it again?