Thread: 7.2 affliction

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    @Elindre You should voice that on the official forums in one of the threads going, since that's where they're looking.

sigma already posted acknowledging the t20 bonus and the specs reliance on mg, dunno if we'll see change in the not so distant future but he's acknowledged it. They said in the recent Q&A that these things are subject to change until ToS releases and that there will be a 7.2.5 patch before or with ToS that is similar to 7.1.5 so we should expect to see some amount of balance passes n stuff.
    Would, if I could post on the US forums (European account). Don't know if it's worthwhile posting on the EU forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Elindre View Post
    Would, if I could post on the US forums (European account). Don't know if it's worthwhile posting on the EU forums.
    Worst case its no different than not posting at all, and costs you all of 5-10 minutes. There's barely any decent warlock feedback even on the US forums, most people are just there to rage and repeat themselves as opposed to providing constructive feedback. Blizzard then gets very little objective feedback and instead mostly gets emotional feedback they have to interpret to understand, and then people wonder why we get the changes we do.

I'm always going to tell people its better to give constructive / objective feedback than to not post at all. I don't expect blizzard to read my mind.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    what affli needs is soul swap back. it was a perfect solution to our add burst problem. (the way it worked in cata).
    UA two or three times and Drain Soul. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    UA two or three times and Drain Soul. You're welcome.
    4 sec setup that cost 3 shards vs 1 gcd setup that cost no shards... hmmmm...
    BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    4 sec setup that cost 3 shards vs 1 gcd setup that cost no shards... hmmmm...
    You obviously don't play affliction, otherwise you'd know that corruption/siphon life do jackshit for damage, let alone burst, and agony is peanuts compared to Malefic Grasp empowered 2 UA's.

A vast amount of our damage, and particularly burst, is sunk into UA. Soul Swap would do nothing about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    You obviously don't play affliction, otherwise you'd know that corruption/siphon life do jackshit for damage, let alone burst, and agony is peanuts compared to Malefic Grasp empowered 2 UA's.

A vast amount of our damage, and particularly burst, is sunk into UA. Soul Swap would do nothing about that.
    I think it would really help on higher-health priority adds that live longer than what is required for bursting. Like the Guldan adds at the begining of the fight or the Chrono priority add. You are right though in that it won't solve any issues we have with bursting adds. You may also be right in that it won't even help on priority adds with how agony has ramp up time and we don't have a baseline haunt spell that empowers all of our DoTs at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    How would I make affliction's multidotting awesome?

Turn us into Shadow Priests

They have two dots that are stronger than our four, one of which hits as hard as Unstable Affliction without having to be buffed up by Reap+Malefic Grasp and neither of which have the sort of ridiculous ramping mechanism of Agony, SP dots hit very hard from the first tick instead of hitting like noodles until ten (or even) twenty seconds have crawled by

In a council fight they can drop two dots on three targets and refresh them all by casting Void Bolt.

It's "hilarious" playing affliction on Botanist. Sweat your nuts off manually refreshing dots and trying to neve rlet agony lose it;s stacks. Then watch Shadow Priests absolutely destroy the meters by dropping Shadow Word:Pain and Vampiric Touch on the three bosses and not have to worry about them again just cast Void Bolt and they're golden.

Affliction does wellon Star Augur becaus eof all the movement and the cheesing opportunity at the end with the voidlings. In T20 arour it wouldn't because they are dead-set on making affliction an immobile turret like every other ranged caster by tying us hard to doing uninterrupted 6 second channels.
    This has always been my main concern with Affliction. I come from a Necromancer style background of loving dots/life drains and I have always wondered why a spec(Affliction) that revolves around dots hit so weak in comparison to others. That's like taking a glass cannon nuking class(Mage) and having their nukes hit like shit.

I've always thought they should follow or mix in both versions of the EQ Necro for dots. EQ1 - Necro dots were LONG lasting(Not this 10-20sec shit that we get from Blizzard), VERY high dmg dots but were very expensive to cast so you couldn't tag a lot of mobs and then you had EQ2's version of the necro dots(and the version that would probably best suit WoW's quick paced combat) Very short duration(1-8 seconds) dots that tick extremely quick. You would weave in multiple dots. For example in EQ2. 1 dot with AA's would take 1 second to tick its full duration with its dmg intervals ticking every .25 seconds finishing with 4 ticks. Another dot would last 8 seconds that was lowered with AA's that would tick every 2 seconds. Another dot that would last a little bit longer but hit harder and had a direct damage component to it when landing so you'd have 2 dmg sources from that 1 dot. You had your life drain nuke that was on a 9 second CD that you would weave in between the dots.

Blizzard cannot seem to get their heads around what they want Affliction to be or how to play and its blatantly obvious since the specs gameplay mechanics change which almost seems constantly.