Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Tomb of Sargeras release date?

Is it known? I was not expecting to see 7.2 till around June/July, now that it is launching this Tuesday I am curious just how close/far ToS is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably late May/June. The Nighthold has only been out for 2.5 months, so I'd easily expect atleast 5-6 months of it being the primary raid.
    But who knows, I'd expect May, to boost up subs right before Quarter 2 ends, but maybe 7.2 alone will attract enough players to buff that up to a reasonable amount for all the importants getting the figures.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    I think Nighthold should last 3 maybe even. Many guild still progressing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say late May to mid June for ToS.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    20 June , same day as FFXIV: Stormblood expansion.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Blizzards releasing this shit too early, who wants to do the new stuff before they kill Gul'dan, that fucks the story up lol

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't someone mention and 11 step weekly quest line? Similar to the one for NH? If it starts right away and there are no delays, that puts ToS release on June 6th, with Mythic the week after.

Anywhere around mid June is fine for me.

Deleted
    No way, early to mid may.

There's an 11 week class campaign in 7.2. 11 weeks from the week after 7.2 (since it doesn't start right away i think?) means the last quest will come out the week of the 13th of june. So very likely the 20th of june to go with that. It's also (coincidentally i'm sure ) the same day a final fantasy expansion comes out.

Blizzards releasing this shit too early, who wants to do the new stuff before they kill Gul'dan, that fucks the story up lol
    Im curious, on what difficulty or how often do you have to kill Guldan, to consider him dead?
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

'Member as recent as even 5.2 where when actual raid patches dropped, we had all, or a VAST majority, of the content available immediately? Rather than have something about the size of the old non-raid patches come out with a raid unlocked 3 months later touted as some kind of actual raid patch.

Even with the stupid island unlocking that 5.2 had it looks like the absolute biggest patch they've ever done alongside the WoD/Legion "raid" patches.

Deleted
    It's easy to figure, same as nighthold.

Patch releasing on 29th march (EU) >> 11 weeks campaign >> Normal/Heroic ToS on 22th june in EU (15th of june being the week with the 11th quest).
    they won't release the raid before the campaign is done for sure, and likely not later than that either.

Gives people ample time to get their 50th traits also (little more than 1 trait per week seems reasonable for people with jobs/family etc.).
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2017-03-26 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    'Member as recent as even 5.2 where when actual raid patches dropped, we had all, or a VAST majority, of the content available immediately? Rather than have something about the size of the old non-raid patches come out with a raid unlocked 3 months later touted as some kind of actual raid patch.

Even with the stupid island unlocking that 5.2 had it looks like the absolute biggest patch they've ever done alongside the WoD/Legion "raid" patches.
    Yeah and it wasn't really that great for raiders as you barely had time to do the content because you were too busy with raiding. The current model is a lot better, having patch days seperate from raid releases.

Deleted
    Yeah 5.2 and 6.2 were bigger patches. But I like the new approach better, keeps me more engaged all the time instead of a big content dump and then a long while of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Yeah and it wasn't really that great for raiders as you barely had time to do the content because you were too busy with raiding. The current model is a lot better, having patch days seperate from raid releases.
    Definitely false.

I love when people make claims like this. Congrats, after about 2 hours there's nothing new to do on Tuesday since its all gated behind artificial time walls. Don't worry though, <1% of the population might not have as much time to mindlessly bash their heads against mythic anymore since the new raid is out.

How oh how will they LIVE!?

Deleted
    Congrats, after about 2 hours there's nothing new to do on Tuesday since its all gated behind artificial time walls.
    Are you talking about WoD or? I don't get it.

around mid June for sure

Quote Originally Posted by butterknives View Post
    Are you talking about WoD or? I don't get it.
    WoD and Legion. Kudos for keeping up.

Definitely false.

I love when people make claims like this. Congrats, after about 2 hours there's nothing new to do on Tuesday since its all gated behind artificial time walls. Don't worry though, <1% of the population might not have as much time to mindlessly bash their heads against mythic anymore since the new raid is out.

How oh how will they LIVE!?
    I don't know about you but I still got mythic Gul'dan left to work on before this tier is complete, not to mention my alts where I want to start getting new AK as well, on top of all the usual stuff I do on wednesday I'll definitely have enough of things to do on patch day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    I don't know about you but I still got mythic Gul'dan left to work on before this tier is complete, not to mention my alts where I want to start getting new AK as well, on top of all the usual stuff I do on wednesday I'll definitely have enough of things to do on patch day.
    Yeah enjoy all that old crap that you've already done on another character. Definitely worth delaying new content for.