Thread: Rof ring

Deleted

Rof ring

Yesterday was the best day of my life when i looted that legendary

Anybody have any tips when this is usefull? I tried it on mobs but don't see any buff or debuff. When is Rof more productief then cleave CB ?

cheerz

3+ targets.

From the Brusalk's guide (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...s-Destro-Guide)

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk
    Rain of Fire

Rain of Fire is your AoE Soul Shard spender. It is also your only base-line way to deal AoE damage. It costs 3 Soul Shards, but deals significant damage to each target in the affected area over 8 seconds. It "ticks" 8 times per target affected.

Multiple Rain of Fires in the same location stack. Each RoF will deal damage to the affected targets separately. They do not share the same tick-time when they overlap. Essentially, each RoF is a separate DoT on each individual target within the affected area. (Note however, that they do not benefit from Pandemic like they used to.)

Rain of Fire is a better use of your Soul Shards than an un-Havoc'd Chaos Bolt when you'll get 16.6 ticks out of it, or 2.075 targets hit for the full duration. If the Chaos Bolt is Havoc'd, then you'll need twice the previous numbers.

Warning, theorycrafting below:

For the purposes of this theorycrafting, we can ignore all stats because they have a symmetrical affect on the damage of both spells. Mastery increases both, Haste has no impact on Damage done for both, Crit increases the damage of both by the same amount (due to CB's crit scaling). Versatility is also symmetrical. Thus, we can drop them from our calculations, and all we need to care about is % Spellpower:

Rain of Fire deals 577.2% Spellpower over 8 ticks. Therefore, each tick does 72.15% Spellpower as damage.
    Chaos Bolt deals 399.237% Spellpower. Due to auto-crit it will always deal 798.534% Spellpower.

However, we have one more complication, in that RoF consumes 3 Soul Shards to Chaos Bolt's 2. Therefore, for the cost of 1 Rain of Fire we could cast 1.5 Chaos Bolts. Thus, we need to apply this modifier to Chaos Bolt so we're on even-terms per Soul Shard consumed. Now:

RoF deals 72.15% SP per Tick for 3 Soul Shards
    CB "deals" 1197.801% SP for 3 Soul Shards

Thus, 1197.801/72.15 is the number of ticks required for RoF to come out ahead. This comes out to be 16.6 ticks. Since we know RoF ticks 8 times, and we need 16.6 ticks, we need 16.6/8 targets for all 7 ticks for RoF to come out ahead.

Thus, we need 2.075 targets present for all 8 ticks of a Rain of Fire for RoF to be better than an un-Havoc'd Chaos Bolt. This in effect means that RoF is better if you have 2 targets present for the entire RoF, and a third target for one or two ticks.

Deleted
    yea , i read that to. But i find that in practise Havoc Chaos bolt > Rof mostly because tanks love to move them out of it and sometimes that crazy fury , elemental , fire player seems to use there CD and well you get the picture..

There for it was more a question how you guys feel the use of it in live and not in theory

but thx for the respons !

Quote Originally Posted by dolfke View Post
    Yesterday was the best day of my life when i looted that legendary

Anybody have any tips when this is usefull? I tried it on mobs but don't see any buff or debuff. When is Rof more productief then cleave CB ?

cheerz
    I don't equip the ring anymore, now that I have trinket/belt, but I'm pretty sure it puts a debuff on each mob it hits.

If you don't have 2 other legendaries, it's good for stats. *shrug*
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's worthless. imho. People use it for M+ and trash, but you need to spec to soul conduit, fire and brimstone or cataclysm, to have feretory of souls AND to make sure the tank doesnt move mobs out of it, if you want the RoF/Cata combo. Too much hassle.

Deleted
    aye it's utterly crap after testing it in last raid week . Ques that my next legendary will be cloak... Then i have all the crappy one's ..

I don't understand why we didn't see any legendary change (all specs) in 7.2 like other classes had (mage's , warriors , druids ,.... ) if only 4 of 10 is any good and we need to fish 1 in an other spec

Deleted
    aye it's utterly crap after testing it in last raid week . Ques that my next leggendary will be cloak... Then i have all the crappy one's ..

I don't understand why we didn't see any leggendary change (all specs) in 7.2 like other classes had (mage's , warriors , druids ,.... ) if only 4 of 10 is any good and we need to fish 1 an other spec
    because we're warlocks. and blizz don't care about us. It took them 6 mounths to buff a ring which just add a slow to our corruption.

aye it's utterly crap after testing it in last raid week . Ques that my next legendary will be cloak... Then i have all the crappy one's ..

I don't understand why we didn't see any legendary change (all specs) in 7.2 like other classes had (mage's , warriors , druids ,.... ) if only 4 of 10 is any good and we need to fish 1 in an other spec
    Sounds like you need to read https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17615105836 !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    nice read and wil try it. But will it be good without the belt ?

nice read and wil try it. But will it be good without the belt ?
    I actually did try without a belt. Maintained 500k with 30% haste and 898 ilvl, but didn't have enough shards to maintain a high enough uptime on Alythess, think I had a 70% uptime on the buff/RoF.

It was interesting for sure.