Resto Shaman rated BG problems. Help?

So i'm trying myself as a healer in RBGs. And I have no idea how to do it right.

I can barely get a single cast off - it seems that i'm always interrupted, feared, CCd, and so on.
    If i stay far away from the fight and try to spam heals, i can't use my totems/purges/interrupts because of distance.

Druids and Monks are doing x2 healing that i do. I feel that is because of their HoTs that are instant cast and can't be interrupted.
    My heals take 1.3 sec to cast and someone always kicks it.

What am I doing wrong? Can someone post general Healer tips for the RBGs? (i tried youtubes/google but it's all focused around arena, not when there are 10 people who constantly fuck your shit up).

Maybe you can link some general healer guide. That would be appreciated.

I actually recently made this account just to replay to you.

The idea with shaman is its very bad and unconsistent in Rated Battleground for various reasons. One thing is their healing is lacking, but they have to be free casting all time to be actually healing. Now you let enemy healers free cast do you? When it only require like 1 kick or so to destroy them. Also they dont got much to peel them off or heal them selves or other out. They got spirit link, but when you trained or nuked whatever there isnt much you can possible do. The lack of mobility and versility makes shaman the least wanted healer at all, and too be honest when I am leading groups I am never accepting shamans, even whatever rank they have been.

Druid was very OP due to.....talents that was quite too good, now their just kinda decent and monk rule the top again. Monk can easily escape, peel them selves, stuns, mobility, "bubble" etc you name it. What does shaman gives thats so special? Now I am no shaman pro at healing, but tbh, I suggest you to choose another class for healing. Its just not good for RBG, not all classes/speccs can shrine there unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerkma View Post
    I actually recently made this account just to replay to you.

The idea with shaman is its very bad and unconsistent in Rated Battleground for various reasons. One thing is their healing is lacking, but they have to be free casting all time to be actually healing. Now you let enemy healers free cast do you? When it only require like 1 kick or so to destroy them. Also they dont got much to peel them off or heal them selves or other out. They got spirit link, but when you trained or nuked whatever there isnt much you can possible do. The lack of mobility and versility makes shaman the least wanted healer at all, and too be honest when I am leading groups I am never accepting shamans, even whatever rank they have been.

Druid was very OP due to.....talents that was quite too good, now their just kinda decent and monk rule the top again. Monk can easily escape, peel them selves, stuns, mobility, "bubble" etc you name it. What does shaman gives thats so special? Now I am no shaman pro at healing, but tbh, I suggest you to choose another class for healing. Its just not good for RBG, not all classes/speccs can shrine there unfortunately.
    Hey, thanks for the reply. I appreciate the effort.

Pretty much confirm what I though.

Shaman in general feels bad in rBGs right now, you just get trained.

Resto, exactly what he said above if you can't freecast you don't heal anything. Basically resto becomes a useful healer every 2/3 mins for 15 seconds when you drop tide with SL.

Ele just gets chained by Melee, they get on you and you storm and gust then they just get right back on you because they have multiple gap closes now so you are now back in the same spot with no way to get them off you.

Enhance, you just get kited and theres not much else to say besides that.

Holy pallies are pretty much in the same boat for healing RBGs

Deleted
    Any class or spec that casts, healer or dps, will have a hard time in a BG.

Legion pvp: either be able to instant cast or play melee