Poll: Who is right?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    If you had a clue you'll know to close the lid to reduce the amount of mist that goes flying when you flush.

Basic hygiene.
    Pretty much this.

Close the damn lid. Don't need that stuff particulate sprayed all over the bathroom.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    I just pee in the sink, problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    I just pee in the sink, problem solved!
    There is a place other than the sink your suppose to pee?

On second though... There's the shower too. Its suppose to be good for you
    http://www.sheknows.com/health-and-w...e-shower-today

Be a gentleman wtf, seriously?

Where I live, there are no lids.

Pee in the corner, smear your feces across the wall...asserting dominance, you know?

Deleted
    this.

It's considered normal to do so and poorly educated if you don't lower the seat AND close the lid when you leave, at least where I live that is.
    Having grown up with three older sisters, it's only customary for me as a man to always lower and close.

But to put it realisticly, when I have friends over I also have to tell them to fucking close the lid and even close the door to the bathroom (since I also do not like if it stays open)

I find if she complains just start peeing all over the seat, she will stop complaining, problem solved.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you can just lower it with the lid so that she's forced to open something up before she pee's.

I am happy most women I been with don't care, they tell me they are a big girl and can lower it.

If you had a clue you'll know to close the lid to reduce the amount of mist that goes flying when you flush.

Basic hygiene.
    Came to post this. Lid should be down before flushing. Urine and fecal particulate DO disperse into the air during a flush and end up on things like door knobs, toothbrushes (mmm tasty), combs, whatever you happen to have in the open.

Close the lid, disgusting not to.

Or anyone who uses the toilet closes the lid afterwards and nobody gets upset. That's what I've grown up with and I never recall any arguments about toilets

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    She is right, because you can't leave the seat up and close the lid, and the lid should be closed after use.
    I agree. Generally speaking, I think the lid should be closed after using the toilet anyway, and this automatically includes also putting down the seat.
    Other than that...I really don't care much. Like Rixis said, changing the position takes almost no time whatsoever...

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am right:

One adjusts the toilet seat according to their preference regardless of its current position.

Anyone who bitches about current position of a toilet seat is executed without trial.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Leave it as you left it.

Deleted
    Living with 3 (sometimes 4) women i learned to always keep the lid down...

Quote Originally Posted by Maruh View Post
    this.

It's considered normal to do so and poorly educated if you don't lower the seat AND close the lid when you leave, at least where I live that is.
    Having grown up with three older sisters, it's only customary for me as a man to always lower and close.

But to put it realisticly, when I have friends over I also have to tell them to fucking close the lid and even close the door to the bathroom (since I also do not like if it stays open)
    I think you've learned by having three sisters that you value your hair, eyes, don't like scratches, and that women are devil spawn of the earth and are all crazy so you've been conditioned the way you are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbrownie View Post
    Living with 3 (sometimes 4) women i learned to always keep the lid down...
    Democracy in action!

10+ Year Old Account
    The poll is biased as you are forced to take a side between two factions. You could've as well put a third option with the option "When you get there, you set it to whatever state you want it to be" or something akin to that. Although just for quarrels, then the options are sufficient.
    I personally always close the lid whether someone has been before me or will come after me, so I can't really vote as I don't mind what position it might be in. If it's up when I want it down, I put it down and likewise put it up if it's down.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    She believes he has to lower the seat after he pees.
    He believes he should lift it before he pees so he doesn't get any on the seat, but his obligation ends there.

Who is right, who is wrong!
    They are both wrong, and need to get over themselves. Putting up or down the toilet seat is trivial effort. If this is a major sticking point with them, they need to break off the relationship right now because if this is a problem, they have no hope of dealing with life's real problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I am right:

One adjusts the toilet seat according to their preference regardless of its current position.

Anyone who bitches about current position of a toilet seat is executed without trial.
    While I cannot agree with the execution (the literal-metaphorical part), I do believe your comment to be the most valid answer to the question by the OP.

Basic hygiene.
    How high powered are your guys bloody toilets that they are causing anything to come out when you flush them @_@?

Leave it how you used it next person leaves it how they used it etc.