Poll: Who is right?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to close the lid prior to flushing like many in this thread suggest to, but my apartment has a toilet bowl where the water is very shallow and placed riiiight up the back, so you always have to use the brush during every flush of #2. Fuck modern bathroom appliance designers who try too hard be different.

I always leave the lid closed between uses even as a single male living by himself though, habit.

Close the lid when your done, geez it takes a second. It's gross to leave it open.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    everyone lowers the seat and the lid after use. has to do with pets and toilet water in case anyone is curious.
    Don't you have 4 walls, a roof and a door around your toilet?
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    Not everyone always closes the door to their bathroom entirely, though. This is also/especially true if you have cats and the like, since people tend to have the litterboxes there - for, I assume, quite obvious reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    The simple solution is just to remove the seat so nobody can use it. Everyone can then sit on the porcelin

My wife would be happy if I just stop missing the toilet in the middle of the night and pissing on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    closing the door in a winter means bathroom is freezing when I wish to use it. closing it in a summer - means its sweltering. door stays open so that its the same temperature as the rest of the house. its much MUCH easier to just put the damn lid down then freeze your butt off. and its not like he is the only one who is put upon, both of us have to raise the lid up before usage.

Deleted
    clothing the door in a winter means bathroom is freezing when I wish to use it. closing it in a summer - means its sweltering. door stays open so that its the same temperature as the rest of the house
    What kind of shitty home do you live in? My bathroom maintains 21-22c no matter what unless I crank up the radiator in there.

All men should sit to pee. Women have to so men should too. It's equality.

https://www.babble.com/kid/10-reason...-sitting-down/

Quote Originally Posted by Njorun View Post
    What kind of shitty home do you live in? My bathroom maintains 21-22c no matter what unless I crank up the radiator in there.
    my home is just fine, thank you. however, we do not have dedicated heat in a bathroom. well.. we used to but using central heating costs as much a month as our damn mortgage (something that I didn't know until our first winter there). in a meantime - we have a wood stove. and honestly? in like half the houses I lived in before, including the one I grew up in - we didn't have a heater or air conditioning in a bathroom either (heck half of them didn't even have windows). so I'm used to leaving the door open when not in use.

I'm literally not understanding why some man have such an issue with keeping lid down.

Deleted
    my home is just fine, thank you. however, we do not have dedicated heat in a bathroom. well.. we used to but using central heating costs as much a month as our damn mortgage (something that I didn't know until our first winter there). in a meantime - we have a wood stove. and honestly? in like half the houses I lived in before, including the one I grew up in - we didn't have a heater or air conditioning in a bathroom either (heck half of them didn't even have windows). so I'm used to leaving the door open when not in use.

I'm literally not understanding why some man have such an issue with keeping lid down.
    Obviously not fine if you're bathroom is freezing.

Haven't read the responses to this thread but I am sure there are plenty feminists here agreeing that He is right is the only correct answer.

If he has to touch the seat to lift it, it's only fair that she has to touch it to put it down, in the name of gender equality.

Deleted
    Lift it, use it, close it. Plain simple.

I have to giggle at this, I do agree all parties should shut the lid and flush however, for hygiene there are far worse places in terms of hygiene. You use one of those culprits to type responses to this thread with...

Deleted
    That is a relatively silly thing to say, as it (also) heavily depends on the type of heating in your home etc. For example, in my old apartment we had underfloor heating in the entire apartment instead of radiators - except in the small separate (from the main bathroom) room where the toilet was. That in combination with the rooftop window would cause it to be pretty cold in there at times, especially during winter - while the entire rest of the apartment was cozily warm.
    That doesn't mean that it was "shitty", but keeping the door open would still help to keep the temperature in there up.

Also, like Witchblade said, it's mostly a non-issue since closing the lid literally takes a few seconds at most. Plus like I said, you can't close it if you have a cat and a litterbox etc.

Obviously not fine if you're bathroom is freezing.
    it doesn't when the door is left open - its a non issue when the door is left open. your definition of shitty is... fascinating.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why anyone sees it as an issue. He lifts it when he uses it, she puts is down when she's using it. I usually put it down after use because I just think it looks tidier.

She lifts it up after use.

He puts it down after use.

Any other option is sexist.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's called laziness, attempts to justify it are called stupidity.

Comically I once dated a girl who never put the lid down, always irked me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    She believes he has to lower the seat after he pees.
    He believes he should lift it before he pees so he doesn't get any on the seat, but his obligation ends there.

Who is right, who is wrong!
    Get a seat with a lid. Then make it a habit for bother parties to put down the seat and lid afterward.

Boom, equality.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.