Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    How is odyns room circular? You must be hard of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    The Lich King fight actually had other things going for it except being an add cluster$%!* in a circular room. You had debuff management, the platform breaking and the Frostmourne room. The only notable thing about these new fights is that they are add cluster$%!* in circular rooms.
    yeah, and so do all the fights you simply call "circles with add cluster fucks"

your generilizing only the things you want to

elisande is "a circle room add cluster fuck" just as much actualy even less then lich king was

so if your gunna generlize things to try and make stuff look shitty ,do it all the way, not just the stuff you want to

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't you just say fuck, why censor yourself?

Well, the one thing I kind of dislike about bosses in NH are the areas you fight them in. With the notable exception of Krosus, every boss is, like the OP said, a circular, claustrophobic room or a similar area. While Star Augur has amazing visuals, you are experiancing them on a platform that doesn't let you move 2 seconds in one direction. Add fights aren't so bad in this tier tho, there isn't one fight that feels like I'm constantly just controlling adds, never really fighting the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbear View Post
    Why don't you just say fuck, why censor yourself?
    He's gotta keep the edge sharp somehow.
    His whole post is very uninteresting (and generalizing as hell) so he probably felt like he needed something to spice it up.
    Last edited by Cariboulou; 2017-03-17 at 12:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

Deleted
    I agree.

Introducing adds into every fight seems rather unimaginative in my eyes.
    But Blizzard has done that all the time. It is a very cheap way to create challenging encounters. I cannot imagine how much resources Star Augur took to design because that fight really has creative mechanics and is beloved by most of the raiding crowd right now.. And in the end phase there add management actually makes sense! Don´t stick adds into every fight please. Need more engaging mechanics instead.

But. Tomb of Sargeras has 9 bosses, 7 of which are about add management, so. The paradigm will not shift.

NH gets 5/10 from me.

Instead of add clusterfuck encounters I would like more council based fights again. Those have become scarce lately.

Most of those fights aren't actually add fights. Good example of what's wrong with this community. People complain about shit they don't even understand
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Well, the one thing I kind of dislike about bosses in NH are the areas you fight them in. With the notable exception of Krosus, every boss is, like the OP said, a circular, claustrophobic room or a similar area. While Star Augur has amazing visuals, you are experiancing them on a platform that doesn't let you move 2 seconds in one direction. Add fights aren't so bad in this tier tho, there isn't one fight that feels like I'm constantly just controlling adds, never really fighting the boss.
    except alot of the area are not circles
    he lables chromatic as one, when its not
    same with spellblade, you can fight her anywhere, and even her area is not a circle
    elisande yes is a circle, but the middle is missing
    also what the fuck does it matter what shape the boss area is!?

1. a circle makes camera smoother
    2. there is only so many fucking shapes, tell me some boss room shapes you would like to see

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Instead of add clusterfuck encounters I would like more council based fights again. Those have become scarce lately.
    you mean like botanist mythic? also we allready know we are getting a council fight in ToS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Most of those fights aren't actually add fights. Good example of what's wrong with this community. People complain about shit they don't even understand
    Skorpyron - requires top-notch management of adds to succeed
    Chronomatic Anomaly - requires flawless management of adds to succeed
    Spellblade Aluriel - requires perfect management of adds to succeed
    Tichondrius - requires sublime management of adds to succeed
    Botanist - requires unprecedented management of adds to succeed
    Elisande - requires pristine management of adds to succeed
    Gul´dan - requires prodigious management of adds to succeed

??????

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    also yes i do agree i miss bosses like icc gunship, and flame leviathan, but alot of the hardcore raiders hated it, as it required learing new skills, new abilities, and not being based on your class, so thats why we dont see those anymore
    They can be a first boss, arguably - but raidwide vehicle mechanics are not enjoyable if they were made to be at all difficult. Both Flame Leviathan and gunship (moreso gunship admittedly) were considered extremely easy, with easy to abuse vehicle mechanics. This is by design - as blizzard has to make the vehicles intuitive enough to pickup or the fight will be rejected outright.
    @Potentio Skorpyron add management is an absolute joke. Your only care is killing them (And the many unnecessary ones you bring into the fight even on mythic)
    Chrono has add management, but it certainly doesn't have to be done well relative to other mechanics in the fight - the cast they do does very little damage individually so much so you can let the 4 mini all cast and survive (although it'll hurt)
    Aluriel has debuff management - the adds themselves are largely just aoe (fire has some detail) checks.
    Tichondrius adds relevant
    Botanist adds relevant
    Elisande adds are a drop in execution compared to the entirety of the fight otherwise.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2017-03-17 at 01:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Granted, something outside of a add fight would make a nice change

but room shape?

What would you prefer, a 3 floor boss fight you need to manually travel up magical enchanted stairs which take you back one step for each two steps you go, they are also spiral shaped to cause LoS issues.

Floor 1 is hexagon
    Floor 2 is a pentagon
    Floor 3 is square but made from lots of squares, and at randomly go up or down, cutting people off from the raid and causing los issues,

IF so,

Then sign me up to the design team

10+ Year Old Account
    isnt the entire world just a "cluster$%!* in a circular room"
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ years of wow and we are still fighting pixels. hell, every singe fight in the game is about beating pixels. I don't understand how the developers are so lanzy and the game does not evolve...

Sounds like OP wants cluster fucks in square rooms now. Blizzard.. give up four sides.. equal length.. and to mix it up.. sometimes make 2 lengths the same but longer than the other 2 of the same length and give us a rectangle.

IT WOULD BE GAME CHANGING.

Kappa

A good fight is the one you remember a few years down the line. Here's all encounters that had something memorable going for them (excluding vanilla and TBC since even add cluster$%!* in circular rooms were creative back then):

Malygos: drake "vehicles"
    Sarthation: first boss that introduced the concept of "hardmodes"
    Flame Leviathan: vehicles
    Razorgore: harpoons
    Kologarn: the first immobile "living wall" kind of boss (Kromog and Krosus are obviously spiritual successors, even the names are similar)
    Mimiron: space management (at least on firefighter mode)
    Vezax: mana management
    Yogg-Saron: sanity management
    Faction Champions: an atypical add fight
    Gunship Battle: lots of jumping, rocket packs
    Valithria: a "healing" boss
    Lana'thel: vampiric bites
    Lich King: changing environment
    Ascendant Council: very heavy movement
    Cho'gall: sanity management
    Nefarian: lava platforms
    Atramedes: sound management
    Al'akir: flying in 3rd phase
    Alysrazor: flying
    Rhyolith: leg management
    Fandral: form and concentration management
    Ragnaros: just an insane fight overall with lots of new mechanics
    Hagara: forming a friendship line between the storm attractors
    Ultraxion: heroic willpower
    Spine of Deathwing: rolls
    Will of the Emperor: the dance
    Koralon: leg management
    Amber-Shaper: amber monstrosity construct
    Tsulong: day and night phases
    Lei Shi: hide mechanic
    Horridon: a huge arena and dino management
    Tortos: turtle football and bat kiting
    Ji-Kun: platform jumping
    Durumu: the maze. THE MAZE!
    Dark Animus: interesting add management
    Lei Shen: same as Ragnaros
    Immerseus: split and heal mechanics
    Sha of Pride: the maze pt. 2
    Galakras: storming the towers
    Spoils of Pandaria: a 4 sector fight
    Blackfuse: conveyor belts
    Paragons: a barrage of mechanics
    Garrosh: same as Ragnaros

I'm sure I missed a lot but you get the point, very few of the new fights are memorable despite Blizzard having way more experience now and superior technology.

@Wilfire a lot of those encounters are considered poor, so not really good examples... Also why on earth was clicking on an object on razorscale memorable? We'd been doing that in tbc & wrath already. I'm sure some examples in vanilla I'm forgetting even.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Dunno what u are talking about. The only "add clustefuck" figth in NH are Skorpyron and Thichondryus.

Maybe you should stop shitalking.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Granted, something outside of a add fight would make a nice change

but room shape?

What would you prefer, a 3 floor boss fight you need to manually travel up magical enchanted stairs which take you back one step for each two steps you go, they are also spiral shaped to cause LoS issues.

Floor 1 is hexagon
    Floor 2 is a pentagon
    Floor 3 is square but made from lots of squares, and at randomly go up or down, cutting people off from the raid and causing los issues,

IF so,

Then sign me up to the design team
    he would still complain, as its just 3 room shapes (look at his reference at renferals)
    and he would call the floor 1 and two just circles (look at him talking about chromatic and auriel, rooms that are 100% not circles, let alone you can fight spellblade anywhere..)

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

you mean like botanist mythic? also we allready know we are getting a council fight in ToS

No, in the mythic video (havent played it myself) I just see three bosses pulled on top of each other and nuked. This is not a council-fight definition for me.

I mean like High King Maulgar style. Each boss must be handled differently, and be tanked in different corners of the room. AND requiring more than 2 tanks, maybe a caster-tank as well.