Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I raid in two guilds. One lets you keep any BoE you get to sell. The other asks if its an upgrade for anyone and if it is they get it or multiple people roll for it. If it is not an upgrade you are free to do as you please with it. Both guilds provide repairs to raiders but you must bring your own consumables.

We RC loot them, if it's not a good upgrade we give it back to the one who received it to use as they wish.

E: We have guild bank repairs though, ~300g per day and not limited to raid days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamandbread View Post
    Hi guys, I was just wondering what stance your guild have towards BOE loot drops. My guild is semi-casual (only 5/10 mythic) but we require all the BOE drops to be traded to an officer, this has caused some friction with some people who think it is 'my loot' because they have little gold etc. However, we do provide flasks,food and enchants to raiders. It seems to me this is fair, but does anyone do it differently?
    Our guild provides repairs and enchants to people, we source are own flasks, food and potions, enough for 3 hours worth, including pre potting. Our officers do ask for our BoE's and if they don't you can get your bottom dollar theres someone in TS going "do you need that, I really need that, can I have that"

Due to my work schedule, I quite often log in late in the day ready for raid time, I have to buy my raid stuff moments before it begins usually. the smallest amount I've forked out is 10k for one night, the most cost me 19k one time.

I've had a few BOE's, they go straight to the auction house, normally I'm all for giving people what they need if its guildies, but since starting raiding, I'm constantly on the 16k boundary or so, which each Sunday being crippling gold wise, everything I have goes straight on the AH. IF something drops that's BoP, and I don't need it (unless it's a massive upgrade or a 2/4 th piece for someone), I'll de it at the end of the raid, yes it's scummy to do if someone could do with it, but it's either scrape every piece of gold I can togeather, / beg off people (hint I dont beg) / drop off the raiding team,

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Because food/flasks/enchants aren't always provided?
    The last guild I was in didn't provide anything except a measly 150g in guild repairs (only on raid days). We were expected to bring everything but any BoE we looted was ours.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post

- OP this has been the easiest expansion to farm gold, if people are low on gold while your guild literally provides everything they need to raid then its their own fault they are out of money. If people want it just for themselves then they are just being selfish because without the guild they wouldn't have gotten then BoE in the first place.
    I have to agree with this guy, speaking as someone whos broke but can afford to pay out premium prices on raid night (See above), I can back up gold is easy enough to make just from WQ's, the weekly and LFR runs

Hi guys, I was just wondering what stance your guild have towards BOE loot drops. My guild is semi-casual (only 5/10 mythic) but we require all the BOE drops to be traded to an officer, this has caused some friction with some people who think it is 'my loot' because they have little gold etc. However, we do provide flasks,food and enchants to raiders. It seems to me this is fair, but does anyone do it differently?
    Once BoEs have lost their relevance in your raid, I think they should be kept. Having said that, I think all BoEs should have an eye kept on them. If you get any WF/TF/Socket procs, they might be useful for to the raid.

Nope, personal loot is personal loot. If drops from trash should be counted as guild loot then they would be covered under master looter like they USE to be. This is no longer the case..trash drops are personal loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Except any guild worth their salt isn't buying all these things, they have someone with more time then others who enjoys providing them.
    What are you even talking about? No they don't, not sure what kind of guilds you've been playing in but that's certainly not the case for all guilds "worth their salt". How you think it's alright for someone else to put in their own time and effort for your lazy ass is ok but the gbank taking a BoE is not? Holy shit how fucking entitled can one get?

Gbank money is used for multiple things and there is never enough of it. A guild aiming for progression uses that gold to ensure that every raider is as ready as possible for the new tier, even if they themselves have no gold. On the other hand, a run of the mill guild that doesn't care about progressing and only personal gain would have enough cheap raiders that would cry over a BoE that took 19 other pepole to get and you just lucked out with the RNG emulator thinking it's theirs probably thinks that each BoE that drops was their hard work and it's all theirs.
    Last edited by Kapaya; 2017-03-17 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    What are you even talking about? No they don't, not sure what kind of guilds you've been playing in but that's certainly not the case for all guilds "worth their salt".
    A lot of guilds have a casual "fan base" that assist with keeping the gbank stocked. In return, they get carried when stuff is on farm. It is the best way to fill a gbank. If you are not doing it like this then you are running things wrong.

in our guild all boes go to an officer who later puts them in the gbank, raiders are asked to mail said officer if they want boes for main spec, if someone reclaims an item its distributed after a vote using loot council like all normal loot(we raid with loot master and loot council). if no one needs the item it stays in the gbank for 2-3 days more before being put in the ah, during this time raiders can buy the item at a discount for alters. our guild provides vantus and guild repairs, sometimes also augment runes.but raiders have to get their own pots, flask and food.

Depends on how hardcore the guild really is. Casuals will be upset. Hardcore raiders will understand.

5/10 Mythic is "semi-casual"?

If it's an upgrade for the one who gets it, he should get 1st prio on the item, if it's not an upgrade, it should be rolled off / assigned by LC / EPGP to somebody else who needs it.

Under no circumstance should BoEs be sold for gold if anybody else in the raid needs it. This is about as retarded as giving out Tier gear for a chance of a WF/TF upgrade, over somebody who still needs to complete their 4-set bonus.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

If an item drops, and you don't need it, see if anyone of your fellow raiders needs to equip it. If they don't, sell it for your personal gain. That's how we handle it anyhow.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

The 3/10M guild I was in, went by, If I got a boe, if I need it, it's mine, if I don't need it, and someone else does for their main and mainspec, it's theirs, if neither I need it, or them, I keep it and get to sell it.

The 6/10M Guild I'm in now, has the rule of, if you get a boe, it's all yours. If you would like to offer it up to someone who needs it, that's your choice (But if you're a mythic raider, and don't give it to a fellow raider who needs it, you are an ass and shouldn't be raiding mythic)

But never, has the guild just taken it, and if they're selling it, it's very poor play. They don't work like they used to.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    If it's an upgrade for the one who gets it, he should get 1st prio on the item, if it's not an upgrade, it should be rolled off / assigned by LC / EPGP to somebody else who needs it.

Under no circumstance should BoEs be sold for gold if anybody else in the raid needs it. This is about as retarded as giving out Tier gear for a chance of a WF/TF upgrade, over somebody who still needs to complete their 4-set bonus.
    the most hilarious thing of this thread is, 50% of guilds keep it, 50% of guilds let players keep it. so as a player....what guild do you want to join as a player?

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    What are you even talking about? No they don't, not sure what kind of guilds you've been playing in but that's certainly not the case for all guilds "worth their salt". How you think it's alright for someone else to put in their own time and effort for your lazy ass is ok but the gbank taking a BoE is not? Holy shit how fucking entitled can one get?

Gbank money is used for multiple things and there is never enough of it. A guild aiming for progression uses that gold to ensure that every raider is as ready as possible for the new tier, even if they themselves have no gold. On the other hand, a run of the mill guild that doesn't care about progressing and only personal gain would have enough cheap raiders that would cry over a BoE that took 19 other pepole to get and you just lucked out with the RNG emulator thinking it's theirs.
    Considering the majority of the people in this thread have things going the other way, you sir appear to have the guild that is running things ass backwards. We provide everything and have Zero gold or mat issues, we have full tabs of flasks and pots and food, all enchants are provided, and 300g per day in repairs every day, not just raid days.

We don't take our raiders boe's, run your guilds better and you wouldn't have these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    The 3/10M guild I was in, went by, If I got a boe, if I need it, it's mine, if I don't need it, and someone else does for their main and mainspec, it's theirs, if neither I need it, or them, I keep it and get to sell it.

The 6/10M Guild I'm in now, has the rule of, if you get a boe, it's all yours. If you would like to offer it up to someone who needs it, that's your choice (But if you're a mythic raider, and don't give it to a fellow raider who needs it, you are an ass and shouldn't be raiding mythic)

But never, has the guild just taken it, and if they're selling it, it's very poor play. They don't work like they used to.
    A beautiful answer ....GMs/Officers need to start to realise its a raiders market....if your guild don't suit my taste there are 1000's of others that are recruiting.

These loot rules are set by blizzard. BoE use to be covered under Master Looter...that is no longer the case. It is now personal loot...and if you want to be a dictator well there are other guilds.

Our BoEs are paying for Ventus runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Our BoEs are paying for Ventus runes.
    We had this yesterday, know what happened? I said, "Hey anyone have some vantus runes for X boss?" and I had 22 in my mailbox 10 min later. Good guilds don't need to take BoEs from the raiders, take care of your raiders and they take care of you and the guild.