Thread: T20 set bonuses

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

T20 set bonuses

So its recently been confirmed that the current t20 set bonuses on the PTR are NOT place holders, which means they'll be pretty close to what they are now when ToS comes out. I'll post the current set bonuses for those who dont know:

Item - Monk T20 Brewmaster 2P Bonus Your attacks have a chance to grant you Effusion, causing your next Effuse to be instant and heal for 400% more.
    NEW Item - Monk T20 Brewmaster 4P Bonus After consuming Effusion, you clear 25% of your Staggered damage.
    NEW Item - Monk T20 Mistweaver 2P Bonus Your healing spell casts have a 10% chance to grant Surge of Mists, reducing the cost of your next Enveloping Mist by 75%.
    NEW Item - Monk T20 Mistweaver 4P Bonus Consuming Surge of Mists resets the cooldown of Thunder Focus Tea.
    NEW Item - Monk T20 Windwalker 2P Bonus Rising Sun Kick applies Rising Fist to the target for 8 sec, increasing the critical strike chance of your Fists of Fury against the target by 25%.
    NEW Item - Monk T20 Windwalker 4P Bonus Fists of Fury increases the critical strike chance of your next Rising Sun Kick by 50%.

What do you guys think? I think by combining the 2 pc of t19 and the 4 pc of t20 could be pretty interesting. Could see a pretty decent single target damage increase for WWs by.using the t19 2 pc and the t20 4pc but its hard to say until its out.

I am not sure how I feel about the brewmaster set bonus. Encouraging self healing to purify? Would have been nicer if it gave a buff that increased the amount PB cleared by an additional 25%

Deleted
    Personally Im not a fan of the mistweaver setbonuses.

I think the Brew bonuses are alright, but I would prefer that instead of proccing effuse, that instead it procced a healing orb, and then you could purify say 2.5% of stagger whenever you consume an orb. My only concern is that the purified stagger wouldn't work with the legendary belt, severely reducing its effectiveness.

I don't play MW much, but it does seem like blizzard is going forward with their design goal to push them out of being focused around mana tea and EF spamming, and from what I've read on here and discord, it seems like a lot of mistweavers will be happy about that.

The WW set seems to be just what they need to increase their single target dps.
    Last edited by Herogamer555; 2017-03-18 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Personally Im not a fan of the mistweaver setbonuses.
    I think the MW set bonus will be very good in mythic+ with focused thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Raern View Post
    NEW Item - Monk T20 Windwalker 2P Bonus Rising Sun Kick applies Rising Fist to the target for 8 sec, increasing the critical strike chance of your Fists of Fury against the target by 25%.
    NEW Item - Monk T20 Windwalker 4P Bonus Fists of Fury increases the critical strike chance of your next Rising Sun Kick by 50%.

What do you guys think?
    Very low effort, bland tier bonuses. Just straightforward secondary stat bonuses.

Even lower effort than our current 4P.

I'm surprised and a bit disappointed these weren't placeholder like we all thought.

Item - Monk T20 Brewmaster 2P Bonus Your attacks have a chance to grant you Effusion, causing your next Effuse to be instant and heal for 400% more.
    NEW Item - Monk T20 Brewmaster 4P Bonus After consuming Effusion, you clear 25% of your Staggered damage.

Really disappointing, especially compared to current Tier set bonuses. Guess Blizzard didn't like Brewmasters having no issue keeping Ironskin Brew up 100% with no issue.
    Will really effect the Brewmaster belt legendary too probably.

Would have rathered something like

2 set - Whenever you activate a Healing sphere, it purifies 10% stagger

4 set - Whenever Purifying brew is activated, generate 1 healing sphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Syphonfilter64 View Post
    Really disappointing, especially compared to current Tier set bonuses. Guess Blizzard didn't like Brewmasters having no issue keeping Ironskin Brew up 100% with no issue.

Gai'plin's is my only brewmaster specific legendary right now (got the mistweaver chest while healing a friend and sephuz was #3). If my RNG doesn't shape up before ToS, my plan is to actually go with 4 piece t19 with 2 piece t20. The effuse procs are worth using, the stagger clearing is not if I am going to continue having to wear Gai'plin's.

Quote Originally Posted by Letdown View Post
    Gai'plin's is my only brewmaster specific legendary right now (got the mistweaver chest while healing a friend and sephuz was #3). If my RNG doesn't shape up before ToS, my plan is to actually go with 4 piece t19 with 2 piece t20. The effuse procs are worth using, the stagger clearing is not if I am going to continue having to wear Gai'plin's.
    Got Brewmaster belt for my first legendary, got Brewmaster bracers which are incredible as my 5th. Probably switch out the belt for the Brewmaster boots I got as my 3rd if the belt doesnt hold up anymore. But I am also tempted to see how long I can keep my old 2-4set for...

Disappointed by WW bonuses. They're even lazier than the t19 ones... Sth like anything costs less chi or TP costs 20-25 less energy would have been cool. Anything, that changes how we play.

WW bonus seems consistent with their philosophy that tier bonus shouldn't be as important as in the past.
    Makes them insanely boring tho

Deleted

I always wondered why BrM are able to have 100% uptime. its just super boring and you pretty much forget about it at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    I always wondered why BrM are able to have 100% uptime. its just super boring and you pretty much forget about it at some point.
    I've ended some fights with upwards of 5 minutes of Ironskin brew and literally just able to use charges on Purifying brew whenever I feel like it.

Pretty much with Black Ox Brew, Legendary Brewmaster bracers (reduces brews cooldown by 1 second every time an enemy misses or you dodge), Tigers Palm and 4 set bonus + High haste especially with High Tolerance... = Endless Ironskin Brew

I've ended some fights with upwards of 5 minutes of Ironskin brew and literally just able to use charges on Purifying brew whenever I feel like it.

Pretty much with Black Ox Brew, Legendary Brewmaster bracers (reduces brews cooldown by 1 second every time an enemy misses or you dodge), Tigers Palm and 4 set bonus + High haste especially with High Tolerance... = Endless Ironskin Brew
    So why won't you spec Gift of the Mists then for extra heal? Play around it.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    So why won't you spec Gift of the Mists then for extra heal? Play around it.
    More charges for Purify > Gift of the Mist

I really don't like the idea of having to weave in effuses with my brewmaster rotation. It's 30 energy and a GCD that I'd imagine feels really...invasive in my rotation.

Not to mention the DPS loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixphaeton View Post
    I really don't like the idea of having to weave in effuses with my brewmaster rotation. It's 30 energy and a GCD that I'd imagine feels really...invasive in my rotation.

Not to mention the DPS loss.
    It's an instant cast, wish it just triggered on its own though without interfering with our rotation.

It's an instant cast, wish it just triggered on its own though without interfering with our rotation.
    I realize it's instant, but it still takes a GCD and 30 energy. I can't imagine that feeling very good. I fill every one of my GCDs as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixphaeton View Post
    I realize it's instant, but it still takes a GCD and 30 energy. I can't imagine that feeling very good. I fill every one of my GCDs as it is.
    Yeah would nice if they took away the energy cost on it so it was instant and free, but still the GCD will be annoying... I imagine most will get away with wearing the previous tier set for as long as possible.

This set bonus for brewmasters is probably the most boring set bonus I have ever seen in 12 years of WoW. Even flat % increase on some abilities would be much better.

First time I'm considering not going for set bonus at all and focusing solely on stats.