Question for warriors and the plate eng head!

Hi my name is Hito,
    I had a quick question regarding the Eng plate head. Is it worth getting so late in this patch? I am considering getting it but its worth like 100k on my server so I wanted see what others thought before I make such an investment. Any advice or input is welcome and Thank you!

no, tier helm is usually what you want to be wearing, unless you're fury and you have ceann-ar charger, if im not mistaken.

What Spec are you?

The on use hit has a 1 min cooldown. So the question is, is the damage affected by colossus smash or enrage? I heard it hits for about 500k, though wowhead comments say its garbage. On a one minute cooldown thats not bad if correct, better if affected by those two abilities.

Depending on your other gear though, tier helm may be preferable to complete the set bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    What Spec are you?

The on use hit has a 1 min cooldown. So the question is, is the damage affected by colossus smash or enrage? I heard it hits for about 500k, though wowhead comments say its garbage. On a one minute cooldown thats not bad if correct, better if affected by those two abilities.

Depending on your other gear though, tier helm may be preferable to complete the set bonuses.
    as far as i understand that counts as a potion cooldown - so it puts old war or prolonged power on cooldown when you use it, devaluing it altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by hamstring View Post
    as far as i understand that counts as a potion cooldown - so it puts old war or prolonged power on cooldown when you use it, devaluing it altogether.
    Ah yes very true, that would completely kill it's viability unless the person doesn't do content that requires potions.

Deleted
    It's nice to have for outdoor's content /world pvp / maybe low m+ if you don't have access to tier helm, but don't go out of your way to get it. Pairing it with BC means you got a 1min ranged 1 mil damage nuke to play with, so maybe craft it if you're engineer / have an engineer buddy, but that's it. Or if you have a shit helm, you could try and get a haste / mastery one for fury for example as I think it's the only craftable 880 gearpiece.

Depends on what you have. Sadly it competes with our helm tier piece which is the best piece to have stat wise. Frankly, I went for it when 7.1.5 hit for my warrior. I have since gotten great usage from it since I have no angry hat or helm tier piece yet.