Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are fury that overpowered?

Hi, i have checked some logs, simcraft and talked to some warriors.. and fury seems very overpowered. They blow others out of the water on simcraft. Is this true or just a "if perfect rotation and procs" kinda scenario?

Deleted
    Simcraft uses long patchwork fights for estimating dps.
    That leads to a long and perfect execute phase, which in reality you will never have. Bosses dont live long enough or you lose juggernaut stacks because of mechanics.

That being said, fury is pretty good right now, most bosses are well designed for furys burst aoe kit. But its not as overpowered as simcraft makes it look like.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/repor...d_T19M_NH.html

3 minutes execute phase in a 6 minute fight. That is far from reality.
    Last edited by mmoc6602f7c68d; 2017-03-18 at 02:00 PM.

Deleted
    Not as bad as what simcraft makes it out to be but they are definitely very strong on every encounter, have excellent burst on a short cd and excellent mobility.

They are in a very good place and will always be at or near the top of meters in equal gear.

Fury in itself isn't overpowered, but our interaction with Draught of Souls; how it stacks with our cds and scales with mastery and BC relics, makes it extremely powerful.

Fury has ALWAYS simmed a lot better then it does in reality due to execute phase. DoS isn't even the issue. CoF affects dps almost as much as draught due to how strong battle cry is. The fact that our weapons are 25 or more ilvls above average i lvl due to the new weapon system really pushes fury ahead compared to previous expansions since fury scales THE BEST with weapons out of all the classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    Fury in itself isn't overpowered, but our interaction with Draught of Souls; how it stacks with our cds and scales with mastery and BC relics, makes it extremely powerful.
    The interaction with DoS is not overpowered anywhere outside of world pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Stened91 View Post
    Hi, i have checked some logs, simcraft and talked to some warriors.. and fury seems very overpowered. They blow others out of the water on simcraft. Is this true or just a "if perfect rotation and procs" kinda scenario?
    Well overall fury and DKs are doing most damage in NH. Rogues and DHs are also up there just slightly behind. Some frost mages do insane logs also. So yeah fury is top tier, but no where near OP like priest was in EN.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlafmangel View Post
    Simcraft uses long patchwork fights for estimating dps.
    That leads to a long and perfect execute phase, which in reality you will never have. Bosses dont live long enough or you lose juggernaut stacks because of mechanics.

That being said, fury is pretty good right now, most bosses are well designed for furys burst aoe kit. But its not as overpowered as simcraft makes it look like.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/repor...d_T19M_NH.html

3 minutes execute phase in a 6 minute fight. That is far from reality.
    Actually that log has a 1 minute Execute phase in a 5 minute fight, which is exactly 20%. Still not entirely realistic, since the Execute phase on most bosses isn't exactly 20% of the fight length, but definitely not as skewed as you make it sound. It only gets 24 Juggernaut stacks in the sample, which certainly isn't uncommon.

I would attribute it more to the fact that the Warrior profile is much better maintained than most other classes, that said, if you look at ranking statistics, Fury is certainly doing very well in Nighthold for a variety of reasons.

PvE: Not sure
    PvP: Let me show this little gem i found of Reddit

Quote Originally Posted by TheSerialSniper View Post
    Fury has ALWAYS simmed a lot better then it does in reality due to execute phase. DoS isn't even the issue. CoF affects dps almost as much as draught due to how strong battle cry is. The fact that our weapons are 25 or more ilvls above average i lvl due to the new weapon system really pushes fury ahead compared to previous expansions since fury scales THE BEST with weapons out of all the classes.
    No it hasn't, and no it doesn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaveil View Post
    The interaction with DoS is not overpowered anywhere outside of world pvp.
    ....It's pretty overpowered (for Fury and Arms); which is precisely why Warriors are the only classes who really favor Draught far and above any other trinket.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Well overall fury and DKs are doing most damage in NH. Rogues and DHs are also up there just slightly behind. Some frost mages do insane logs also. So yeah fury is top tier, but no where near OP like priest was in EN.
    Frost Mage is far and away the best ST spec in NH, though there's some variance due to the nature of their procs and legendaries. Outlaw is also quite capable of doing well, though their RNG gets in the way. Frost DK is really strong as well, especially for short term burst on multiple targets, though Fury generally outpaces them when dealing with recurring add phases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    No it hasn't, and no it doesn't.

....It's pretty overpowered (for Fury and Arms); which is precisely why Warriors are the only classes who really favor Draught far and above any other trinket.

Depends what you mean by overpowered. It is bis by a considerable margin (true of many specs with different trinkets, particularly tanks) but I wouldn't call its interaction in PvE "overpowered" nor would I say the same of Warriors.

I figured the topic of conversation is overpowered through the lens of every spec and class rather than as a comparison between trinkets within the class itself which requires no discussion.

An example of something I would consider overpowered in PVE is Guardian Druids with Mark of Ursol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaveil View Post
    Depends what you mean by overpowered. It is bis by a considerable margin (true of many specs with different trinkets, particularly tanks) but I wouldn't call its interaction in PvE "overpowered" nor would I say the same of Warriors.

I figured the topic of conversation is overpowered through the lens of every spec and class rather than as a comparison between trinkets within the class itself which requires no discussion.

An example of something I would consider overpowered in PVE is Guardian Druids with Mark of Ursol.
    I use the term in the literal sense: DoS is objectively overpowered when compared to the typical power gain for a single trinket. Not that other trinkets haven't been equally or even more powerful in the past (or even currently - Gul'dan caster trinket), but they are remain a scant minority.

There's no real discussion to be had to conclude that Draught is a significant factor in the current high-end performance of Fury (Single Target).

There's several classes capable of pulling out very high ST and aoe atm, if Draught is so op for warriors then I dread what will happen to us if that ever gets brought down if they're too oblivious to buff us enough in compensation.

Assassination Rogue with shoulders also make draught very strong (they get a 100% critical strike out of stealth for 6 sec), basically warrior's battle cry given to rogues in a legendary >_> lol. Assassination Rogue is also capable of more boss damage not accounting for extended execute phases.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosblade View Post
    There's several classes capable of pulling out very high ST and aoe atm, if Draught is so op for warriors then I dread what will happen to us if that ever gets brought down if they're too oblivious to buff us enough in compensation.

Assassination Rogue with shoulders also make draught very strong (they get a 100% critical strike out of stealth for 6 sec), basically warrior's battle cry given to rogues in a legendary >_> lol. Assassination Rogue is also capable of more boss damage not accounting for extended execute phases.
    Unless they also have their Execute legendary, and then they get turned into a better Execute class than Warriors too.

Really hope they nerf draught of souls for warriors/rogues soon. Make it baseline dmg not modified by crit/mastery/whatever like the kiljeaden legendary trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Really hope they nerf draught of souls for warriors/rogues soon. Make it baseline dmg not modified by crit/mastery/whatever like the kiljeaden legendary trinket.
    Not happening at this point. Also why would you want them nerfed? To make all trinkets absolute garbage? How about hoping that they make other trinkets actually good?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Might as well take it back off the GCD like Kiljaedens then because it would pretty shit without our damage buffs AND sacrificing 3 seconds of ability usage for it.. Nerfing that isn't just nerfing the trinket. It's nerfing Fury as well.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    Not happening at this point. Also why would you want them nerfed? To make all trinkets absolute garbage? How about hoping that they make other trinkets actually good?
    Just to make the trinkets more consistent. Kiljeaden trinket doesnt benefit from stats why should draught benefit from stats?

Trinkets should also be roughly equal in power for all classes, cant have that with trinkets that scale with class cds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Might as well take it back off the GCD like Kiljaedens then because it would pretty shit without our damage buffs AND sacrificing 3 seconds of ability usage for it.. Nerfing that isn't just nerfing the trinket. It's nerfing Fury as well.
    You mean it would be like for every other class (execpt rogue) then? Why should 2 classes get to enjoy a super stronk trinket while its meh for all others?

Remove crit/mastery scaling, buff dmg to worthy amount for all classes - problem solved.

Just to make the trinkets more consistent. Kiljeaden trinket doesnt benefit from stats why should draught benefit from stats?

Trinkets should also be roughly equal in power for all classes, cant have that with trinkets that scale with class cds.
    Then fix the trash trinkets. Right now people would rather have TOV stat sticks or Arcanocrystal or nice TFd M+ trinkets than the complete garbage that comes from Nighthold. Those dozens of crappy trinkets are the problems, not the handful of nice ones. Thats what you don't see to understand

Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    Then fix the trash trinkets. Right now people would rather have TOV stat sticks or arcanocrystal or nice TFd M+ trinkets than the complete garbage that comes from Nighthold. Those dozens of crappy trinkets are the problems, not the handful of nice ones.
    Draught of Souls is the problem. Its even worth equiping a 865 draught of souls right now (as warrior / rogue) this thing is a bad joke.

It should be consistent with other on use dmg trinkets who dont scale with stats.