Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    I was thinking that too, it seemed like that was the attempt in a way to correlate that to him. Hes a psychologist so outright we know it was done intentional for a reason. After all we have to fear the bad guy who is so bad no one dare mention his name

Very true and snowflakes are the ones who cry the loudest.
    The ones who say snowflake unironically tend to be that special kind of unique. You can even call it projection

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It's a bit different when it's the President tweeting policy.
    That's just it though. It's usually not Trump tweeting policy that people freak out about. What does Trump blaming Obama for wire tapping have to do with policy? People shit their pants over that and it probably shouldn't have been taken seriously in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll continue to get directly in the face of everyone who calls me a 'lazy liberal'. Conservatives are at heart, complete cowards. They talk a good fight.

Zenkai is again wrong.

They are not "leftists" holding rallies. Does he not realize that there were also Conservatives and Republicans in those rallies too?

As I keep saying, Donald Dump doesn't appeal to all conservatives - and many do participate in the protests. To generalize based on assumptions again makes his avatar a Lie.

- - - Updated - - -

On the subject topic - I was at the doctor the other day and mentioned how I've had horrible sleep issues and stress starting back during the primaries, and the nurse there told me how they've seen a large rise in the number of restless and depressed patients since the election.

It's why I had to take a couple month break from these forums too, and prolly will do so again soon. :P

Erm... The POTUS being a nut job and/or trying to influence things in inappropriate ways and/or treading on thin legal ice doesn't stop being reasonably concerning just because it's on Twitter. People really need to stop treating the internet like some sort of fad novelty.
    The internet is a major part of my life and my career. I can assure you that I do not treat it as a fad novelty. Twitter, on the other hand, I do. Because it's fucking Twitter. Twitter is a fad novelty.

Also, how is a Twitter post treading on thin legal ice? Also, when did being hyperbolic become equivalent to being a nut job?

Bottom line is that focusing on Trump's Twitter posts is just hilariously pathetic. Because... they're Twitter posts. Seems to me that Trump is just trolling his political opponents. And they're falling for it hard. That's not to say that Trump is brilliant, but instead that his political opponents who focus on his Twitter posts instead of real things are just retarded. His Twitter posts, no matter how "controversial" you think they are, are not newsworthy. Again, the whole "Obama is wiretapping my shit" as an example, nothing real happened there. It was never anything more than a Twitter post no matter how hard people tried to make something out of it. "But he's the president" doesn't change that.

No, it absolutely does. Acting like what Trump says on Twitter somehow matters less than if he were to say it on television is utterly absurd.
    Lol. Yeah see that sort of train of thought is exactly the problem. What Trump says on Twitter is less significant than what he says on TV. That's why he addresses the nation on TV and not Twitter.

No, but they don't magically become less significant just because they're on Twitter instead of the State of the Union.
    This just in: Tweets are just as important as the State of the Union... Jesus fucking Christ... You've got to be shitting me.

The medium through which he expresses them is utterly irrelevant.
    Incorrect.

I guess if you just keep repeating yourself, it will somehow stop being wrong. You know you can't argue in favor of your position simply by telling me I'm wrong, right? You have to actually make a case for it on its own merits, as I've done with mine.
    You know this is an internet forum right? Don't take it too seriously like those Trump tweets.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a stressful time, the election was stressful, the aftermath was stressful and now Trump running the US is very stressful to a lot of people.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

The people in the US may be more stressed because of the current situation, but this can even end up positively.

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    This just in: Tweets are just as important as the State of the Union... Jesus fucking Christ... You've got to be shitting me.
    When they're from the President, yes they are. Pretty much anything he says, regardless of medium, is important.

If the doink tweets "We're under attack from space aliens!" isn't something you're going to dismiss and say "Well, if it wasn't in the address, I'm not interested..." :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tico View Post
    The people in the US may be more stressed because of the current situation, but this can even end up positively.
    I'm hoping it will inspire a new generation to get into politics and learn - and maybe kickstart a big pendulum swing back to the other side of at LEAST rational thinking.

"He creates huge amounts of stress. You know who we're talking about. It feels like nobody in history has ever received as much attention as him. In the morning, he clogs up your timeline before it’s even light outside. At bedtime, long after the sun has set, he pops up on our screens. He is trending every day"

Are we talking about the US or the MMO-champion forums here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I didn't see right wing snowflakes burning shit down when Obama got elected. They just held shitty rallies and formed the tea party.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I can play that game too.

4 arrested in West Side beating of Trump supporter

Rather see someone burn a Trump effigy than beat the shit out of Obama supporters.
    I hope you didn't hurt yourself moving that goalpost.
    Impeach the MF.

I mean, I thought we were having a discussion. If you're just looking to waggle your dick in my general direction, let me know so I can just ignore you.
    Yeah a discussion, not an official debate on live TV. I don't have to make a case for anything. I can have my own opinions for no reason at all. Twitter is dumb. Trump is dumb. Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobblo View Post
    No, i haven't really been stressed out. The only thing that pisses me off are my hugely liberal friends. They are always attacking Trump, while defending Obama. Both are evil men. Why the hell do you defend one man's criminal action, then take the moral highground when the opposite party does the same thing?
    Well every politician is evil, the fact is we gotta vote for someone. It's a matter of choosing the lesser of those evils. :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I don't know why people think offering even basic support in support of their own position is so unreasonable and extreme. It's a part of normal conversation. If you don't want to do that, then it's not a discussion, just you shouting at passersby. I don't give a flying fuck about the conclusion you drew because I don't need you to give me an opinion as though I don't have my own. It's all about reasoning. Reasoning is the quintessence of conversation on subjects like this, the meat and potatoes if you will, and without it you may as well not even speak.
    Yeah and usually I have a little more to back up my argument. But I mostly just think social media is stupid and people get way too dramatic about it. Trump should watch what he says, even on Twitter. But I just don't see how it can possibly be as important as anything else when you're limited to 160 characters or however many it is.