Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post

Also, most people's opinions on said topic are extremely low-quality.
    I know you're a troll but explain how an opinion can have quality. It is 100% subjective, comments like these shatter any faith I had in humanity.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheen26 View Post
    I haven't kept up with wow lately, I know there was always people complaining every patch. But recently it looks like there is more 50/50 bias posts criticizing and supporting posts about wow.

- - - Updated - - -

There are a lot of people that want the game to go back to what "old wow" was, I was asking has Blizzard made too many changes to ever bring that feeling back to wow, sorry I didn't word it properly for you to understand what I was asking.
    True,in your opinion what is the old wow? What should go back to?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    No, but you be considerably better off than a noob who might spend 50-100 hours gearing up properly. You spend the $$ in the Cash-shop, sell the loot for gold, then buy purples, or commission various tradeskiller's to make items for you. You pay top gold for services. For gold you never actually earned in-game. PTW.

Not to mention gold is very useful for consumables. Not every guildie has time to farm or earn stuff for raids. Buy some tokens to resell for gold, so much easier, right? PTW. Then you have all the mats you need. Or potions, or whatever gold buys. PTW.
    Does this give you the skill? That moment of joy with your friends when you down the boss? That stress at 5% when all scream kill the boss kill the boss... no it doesnt.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm clambering for a WoW 2 going back to basics but with a new engine. I really think wow has gone as far as it can with the current set up.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    The game is nothing like the old version. I don't think they've done anything to try and maintain it.
    Stat and class changes alone would have removed any consistent experience in old content.
    There simply wasn't any way of maintaining the experience without having the game be completely static.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    Also buying carries and getting kitted out using the gold from tokens....

IDK it mus be cloudy concept or something for some not to see it. LOL That being said I don't really care to much about it since it does not really directly impact me (yaya I know the overall impact but just in general and in my personal gameplay btu cant speak for others)

- - - Updated - - -

Ya CAN buy Mythic raid and Keystone+ runs... I wonder if any of those ppl that took the gold they made from paying cash for a token to sell on the AH bought a mythic clear and if that would give gear that is any good or no...

Clearly others do not understand though right? LMAO
    But.... you buy those things with gold. You can make gold in-game. There's also no guarantee that any of the things you mentioned would produce any gear whatsoever, and even if it did, that's not "winning." Literally anyone can obtain the same items without paying gold. And this has been a thing since forever.

Pay to win infers that your real cash purchase gives some sort of benefit that would otherwise be either a) impossible or b) very much a time-sink to obtain, or c) gives you a clear advantage over other players who did NOT pay real cash. None of those things fit here.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Right .. Back then to 2004, 12 bucks a month was an awesome experience. You got to see every single item the game had to offer, provided you worked for it. Everything was available.

Nowadays, 15 bucks a month. We get to to see the game; most of the good stuff is in the cash shop. Best mounts in there too, outfits, pets? oh goodness. If I drop 5 grand I can buy from the cash-shop and sell what I buy for in-game gold in the AH .... ooh ... oh isn't that PTW?

[Of course not, says the people doing this], while others go away, unsubscribing in silence.
    Wait, what? You know you can spend in game currency to get those now. And your game time. I got all my shop stuff with gold. And i haven't paid in months. And it's like 7 mounts and 8 pets. And alot of them arent exciting.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I quit last time during MoP which had 1 difficulty, with 10 or 25 size, same loot tho.

Now I came back to this whole normal/heroic/mythic cross-realm pug stuff and it doesn't feel right at all.

Yes you can still guild-raid and I can see flex has advantages that way if you don't want to leave someone out, but the fact my server went down the drain, and blizz aint fixin low pop anymore wont fix any nostalgia for me.

I loved spending days farming endless vanilla mobs, sometimes while waiting for dungeon groups to form, while having a strong server community.

I like it far more then currently seeing randoms from other servers all the time giving zero community.

Deleted
    Guys it's Vineri, he is probably off his precious private Vanilla server, because you know the good ol' experience maybe is not enough for him, or maybe he is so generous he must remember us that retail WoW sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I quit last time during MoP which had 1 difficulty, with 10 or 25 size, same loot tho.

Now I came back to this whole normal/heroic/mythic cross-realm pug stuff and it doesn't feel right at all.

Yes you can still guild-raid and I can see flex has advantages that way if you don't want to leave someone out, but the fact my server went down the drain, and blizz aint fixin low pop anymore wont fix any nostalgia for me.

I loved spending days farming endless vanilla mobs, sometimes while waiting for dungeon groups to form, while having a strong server community.

I like it far more then currently seeing randoms from other servers all the time giving zero community.
    I wuold like to say something, but those words speak louder then a thousand explosions.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    I wuold like to say something, but those words speak louder then a thousand explosions.
    Yes, back then it was fun, there was no pressure of other shit getting in the way.

You cleared your raids in 1-2 day, maybe another 1-2 day optional alt/20 man raid stuff, but after you were geared there was a big gap of many months.

AQ armor was useless to a full tier2 8 piece mage.

We didn't have dailies back then, so it was either farm mobs for gold, help people out with dungeons, level some alts, or PvP (got to Rank 13 myself).

There was no pressure of dailies expiring or missing out on AP.

Keep in mind I don't support anything related to Fake non-retail servers, and I wouldn't even want to see an official Blizz remake at this point, however I would like community to come back in some way or form by doing something about the many low pop realms out there...
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-20 at 03:14 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    This isn't a degradation post about retail World of Warcraft. Lately I have seen a lot of people saying they miss old wow (2004 - 2012), which in bias I agree with as well. But others seem to like the new direction the WOW team has taken the game. I want to know your opinions on the current state, and please no trashing each other. We all have our own opinions on this game that we all play.
    One of the biggest problems regarding the opinion of the game is when people started playing and what types of things people like vs don't like.

WoW today plays, in many ways, very differently than it played in the early phases (e.g. Vanilla and BC). Today it doesn't matter, by and large, what flavor of dps, tank, or heals you bring as long as they are competent. How you approach the raid remains exactly the same no matter if you bring your Fire Mage or your Marksman Hunter...the exact same if you bring a Survival Hunter or Assassination Rogue. Today, cc is for PvP or for amusement.

That is very different than how things were played in Vanilla or BC. Your approach for many bosses in Karazhan (for example) changed very notably depending if you had a hunter or a priest or a mage. CC was an important part of the game.

RP aspects of the current state are essentially non-existent. You have endless supplies of arrows that you don't ever buy, many caster dps specs don't have to consider mana at all, and there aren't (to my knowledge) anything that requires components except for professions. I'm not saying that these were important parts of the game back then, but it does drastically affect the flavor of the game making a distinct shift from MMORPG to pretty much just MMO.

So while I in particular enjoyed the game much more back then, it isn't one or two things that would need to be adjusted and, realistically, there is no real way to go back to that type of environment. The vast majority of players from that era simply don't play anymore. The vast majority of current players started no more than 2 or 3 expansions ago when the game was already very different than the original.

Legion is so much better than WOD, like miles better!
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Yes, back then it was fun, there was no pressure of other shit getting in the way.

You cleared your raids in 1-2 day, maybe another 1-2 day optional alt/20 man raid stuff, but after you were geared there was a big gap of many months.

AQ armor was useless to a full tier2 8 piece mage.

We didn't have dailies back then, so it was either farm mobs for gold, help people out with dungeons, level some alts, or PvP (got to Rank 13 myself).

There was no pressure of dailies expiring or missing out on AP.
    I have no pressure right now with Ap.

Even better, getting Ap for me it's like "killing endless mobs in Vanilla", it's fun, relaxing and i can do it at my own peace and i also improve my character power.

See, everything is subjective.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    I have no pressure right now with Ap.

Even better, getting Ap for me it's like "killing endless mobs in Vanilla", it's fun, relaxing and i can do it at my own peace and i also improve my character power.

See, everything is subjective.
    I don't raid right now, since I don't pug, so WQs/emmisary is like the only content right now and it's getting stale.

Yes you can say I don't need AP, and I haven't even actively farmed it either, and to some extent world quests are endless anyway, got like a weapon at 35/35/45 on my main, 42ish on 3 alts.

I got most legendaries from Emmisary caches.

Thankfully 7.2 is soon.

I dunno how different a high pop server is compared to mine, but still thinking about Xfering for a fresh start (Faction transfer costs too much however).

But it's likely gonna be a one-time affordable deal since EU tokens for gold are rising still.

And yes when thinking about it, the "pressure" got worse as soon as I got more alts, and my goals are set too high probably, so maybe I should just take a few steps back

If I ever had only 1 character I might have enjoyed Legion much more and easier to transfer as well but my inner Altoholic put me at 5x 110 right now, only thing holding me back from getting more is potential transfer costs. I do have like 4 level 90s from the past however.

Another reason why I havent transfered yet was blizz saying at blizzcon "yes we will do more connected mega realms" well, guess they forgot about it...
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-20 at 03:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    rose tinted glasses exist since the day of dawn, people remember the good and forget the bad

New developers .. new direction.

The game is tuned to generate money nowadays, rather than provide a solid experience.

13 -7 years ago focus = GAME EXPERIENCE, VASTNESS, IMMERSION.

7 years ago to Now = GAME, INCOMING MONEY, MORE MONEY. EVEN MORE MONEY AFTER THAT. THX.

Oh well

EDIT:
    Off note - what does the title even remotely have to do with your post? /boggle
    i almost cut myself how edgy you are
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm ruined most if not all old world nostalgia. The cata revamp needs a modern update but reincorporating a lot of stuff from 2004-2010 before the sundering.

Repair sundering damage
    each zone having a world boss or two relevant to the levelling experience and quest chain
    new or small additions to villages, town outposts.
    the make the world actually feel that it is alive, growing and developing
    have daily or weekly quests in each zone where you may have to defend the town or village from gnoll warbands, flesh defias supporters and flush out spies and assassins, defend a caravan from murlocs. Thats sort of thing.
    New dungeons or micro dungeons per zone. New reasons and incentive to explore.
    New rep/faction hubs, heck make some exclusive to others, "you have joined the scarlet crusade, you are now unable to interact with the argent crusade", have unique in game factions opened up so you can purchase toys, pets, tabards or mounts after getting exalted with them.

Nostalgia is all well and good, but we need new things now to look back on and remember fondly later.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizzard missed a huge opportunity when they decided to discard pre-cata Azeroth.

They should have instead separated the game into "pre-cata Azeroth" from 1-79 and "post-cata Azeroth" from 80+, which would allow them to make every single area in the game 80+.
    They threw a lot of their work out the window for no good reason.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Cataclysm ruined most if not all old world nostalgia. The cata revamp needs a modern update but reincorporating a lot of stuff from 2004-2010 before the sundering.
    I agree , I would love a N'zoth/Azshara expansion set in the Eastern kingdoms + Seafloor expanded from Vashjir, since Chronicle covers a similar area.

Already said this in another thread, but if they want the broken isles WQ system to continue, keeping it to 1 continent is fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    I think Blizzard missed a huge opportunity when they decided to discard pre-cata Azeroth.

They should have instead separated the game into "pre-cata Azeroth" from 1-79 and "post-cata Azeroth" from 80+, which would allow them to make every single area in the game 80+.
    They threw a lot of their work out the window for no good reason.
    They can still do that if they revamp it again, and work with scaling.

Deleted
    I also would like to keep some QoL features like automatic matchmaking, personal loot, transmog, account-wide mounts and pets.

But I also see MoP as the last good version of class gameplay (though they had already started to prune there...), and I am surely not a big fan of RNG in loot. I also don't like them excluding quests out of automatic matchmaking dungeons - as if they are afraid then people would use their other tool less. I also miss flying at max level.

This isn't a degradation post about retail World of Warcraft. Lately I have seen a lot of people saying they miss old wow (2004 - 2012), which in bias I agree with as well. But others seem to like the new direction the WOW team has taken the game. I want to know your opinions on the current state, and please no trashing each other. We all have our own opinions on this game that we all play.
    I am a vanilla+ player, and I believe they are on the correct overall path for the game. Once we have Timewalking raids, it could open new paths for play and possibly leveling.

Sure many things need fixed (like overall RNG), and the PvP gear and reward systems, but so many things in Legion are far better than in WoD, MoP, or Cata.

There were bad ideas that may just be bad because of implementation, like the AP system and Legendary itemS. And at some point grinding the same things gets old
    Last edited by thatmikeguy; 2017-03-20 at 03:48 PM.

Modern WoW is moving to much away from what the original game was originally made to be: the journey to reach max level. Its a whole different goal where we used to travel a lot troughout the world, fighting mobs that are nearly as strong as us and where you had to explore and be aware of your surroundings. In modern WoW you literally feel like a God while questing, considering your supposed to play some kind of ''Champion of The Universe'' instead of being a simple adventurer. When I think back of what I miss about old WoW, its definately the old leveling experience and the relationships you made with other people. Modern WoW focusses a lot more on the end game, especially the raiding scene which has improved a lot atleast. I can get that people don't like the leveling part, but this is what makes WoW, WoW to me. Raiding can be a lot of fun but as of late it has been the only feature thats worth doing. And I don't like dedicating my schedule with the guild on when I want to play, its not my playstyle. As for the modern leveling experience, I like how its more narratively driven but its also to fast, easy and generally unrewarding. To the point that it might not even exist.