Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Go back to about 4th or 5th grade. I'm sure they taught you how debt works and why it is not a good thing. Or maybe they didn't.

You see when your debt continually increases, it becomes harder and harder to pay it off when your social programs are soaking up any surpluses you could possibly generate.
    Not entirely true. While personal debt is something that can consume you national debt is kind of how the entire world works.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wow, they don't even know how stupid they are.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    What kind of school did you go to that taught you that debt was bad? Without debt, the entire global economy would collapse and nothing would ever get done. That doesn't mean you should borrow irresponsibly and never pay it back, like our fine President has done so often in the past.
    He is conflating personal and national debt. It's why so many were up at arms over Trump's claims to buy out bonds at lower than their price. But, also why so many were defending him for knowing how to manage his debt. The outcome of a default on a loan, is far different for a nation, than an individual. Trump's support depends on this misunderstanding...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Rofl.. It's just financial gain

Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    No he hasn't.

http://www.teenvogue.com/story/donal...-national-debt - and that was back in February, are you really so naive that you think he has dropped debt by that much in the little time he's been in office?

Pretty sure he'll continue to take credit for anything positive that happens which he had literally no hand in tbh.
    Teen vogue? What's next a Nintendo Power article?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    No he hasn't.

http://www.teenvogue.com/story/donal...-national-debt - and that was back in February, are you really so naive that you think he has dropped debt by that much in the little time he's been in office?

Pretty sure he'll continue to take credit for anything positive that happens which he had literally no hand in tbh.
    Not saying your point is invalid... but teenvogue... really?

I get all my best up to date news stories from teen vogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Not saying your point is invalid... but teenvogue... really?

I get all my best up to date news stories from teen vogue.
    It was the first link I found on google, there are plenty of other sources basically saying the same, I just couldn't be bothered to find them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Teen vogue? What's next a Nintendo Power article?
    It was the first link I found on google, there are plenty of other sources basically saying the same, I just couldn't be bothered to find them.

Good job Obama, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Compared to 400 billion added to the national debt in the first two months of Obama's administration.

How will the shills and lefty's spin this against Trump? Who knows but they will try. Have the Trump haters here even read his art of the deal book???

inb4 'b-b-but muh GFC', people forget what happened during that time or too young to have known at the time.
    Comparing a crisis year where a trillion dollars of emergency spending was spent, is a completely ridiculous starting point. This is how people say Obama cut the Bush deficit, even though he never spent as little as Bush in a single year. It's an unfair comparison in either case.

Can someone explain how the debt is even an issue? That isn't to say we should just ignore it and throw caution to the wind when it comes to spending, but it seems to me that a lot of this debt stuff is fear-mongering from the right.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should be noted that since a trade deficit still exists, the private sector MUST BE LOOSING MONEY IF THE PUBLIV SECTOR DEFICIT IS SHRINKING. By pure accounting identity it must all sum to zero.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    What may seem like magic to you is merely science to intelligent people.
    Science requires logic, facts and proof, please present the policies and factual evidence that Trump' s actions lowered the debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    That moment when a foreign Trump fan (something that actually makes zero sense, given 'America First') is hit by a cruise missile called "Teen Vogue".
    It makes a lot of sense though because Donald Trump's rise to power is a rallying cause for hateful idiots like the OP, regardless of national origin.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trump didn't even submit his first budget until March 12th, and that hasn't begun to be approved. So definitely any change in the debt under Trump so far hasn't had anything to do with his actions.

Also, Trump can't keep just taking credit for positive news he had nothing to do with, while blaming any negative current news on Obama. Hopefully people can see through that. Likewise, his use of Twitter to deflect attention from his many scandals.

Funny that he calls CNN fake news, and continues to today, while praising Fox News. Fox News was the one that spread the story that the UK was involved in spying on Trump Tower ordered by Obama, which was quickly debunked as false by the US and UK intelligence agencies as laughable, and denied by Obama as well. Where is the attacking of Fox as fake news for spreading a completely fabricated and false story?

What may seem like magic to you is merely science to intelligent people.
    So what is the "science" behind the national debt shrinking? I mean, unless you are a complete idiot, you can see that the values in the table presented swing wildly day to day and week to week. In fact if the OP cut this off at the end of February, the national debt would look like it had actually gone up! This is another example of unintelligent people cherrypicking statistics to fit their narrative.
    Last edited by Deathquoi; 2017-03-20 at 05:18 PM.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Being bad doesn't mean it isn't necessary. But in concept and application it is not only damaging, but an overall barometer of economic health.

http://www.heritage.org/budget-and-s...-national-debt
    Recent and projected growth in U.S. government debt poses a serious hazard to the nation. At a minimum, high levels of government debt mean substantial government resources must go toward servicing debt—to pay interest. Further, theory indicates and a growing body of research suggests a consistent relationship between high levels of government debt relative to the size of the economy and abnormally high interest rates consistent with lower levels of domestic investment. This relationship appears to be currently suspended due to extraordinary efforts in monetary policy and extraordinary events in the global economy, but the traditional relationship between debt and investment and interest rates will almost certainly resume as these efforts and events subside.
    Is this why you cannot answer my question?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I don't teach elementary school. You're going to have to submit your SAT scores, apply for admission, and pay your tuition if you want me to teach you.
    So you like Trump and don't want to say that is your reason because you know it is a poor one?

I don't teach elementary school. You're going to have to submit your SAT scores, apply for admission, and pay your tuition if you want me to teach you.
    Translation: I have no clue what Trump has done to bring the debt down, I just like giving him credit because I am a blind follower.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    This post is dumb and you should feel dumb for posting it.

[Infracted]
    LOL Brisbane, Pro trump aussie, hahahaaaa.
    I have a hunch you voted for abott.
    Last edited by Reinaerd; 2017-03-20 at 08:18 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    I'm more right than left, but I know how most macroeconomics work and the majority of the national debt that has been reduced over Trump's two months are not because of any of his actions. This is because, if it were him, he would have had to push and pass legislature that could effect the national debt, which requires time to pass, implement, then (if it actually works) reduce debt. Because it requires this extensive duration in order to be credible, it's asinine to attribute nearly any national debt reduction to him with his presidency still being in its infancy.
    You and Skroe are apparently the only conservatives on these forums who understand governmental economics. And I'm not just saying that from this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    So what is the "science" behind the national debt shrinking? I mean, unless you are a complete idiot, you can see that the values in the table presented swing wildly day to day and week to week. In fact if the OP cut this off at the end of February, the national debt would look like it had actually gone up! This is another example of unintelligent people cherrypicking statistics to fit their narrative.
    OP probably didn't even do the picking. See unintelligent people don't really do any picking apart of or even looking at data, science, or even really that many facts. They let others do all of the witty stuff and just reshare stuff that is friendly to their political outlook.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"