MM - help with single target rotation

Hey guys.
    I am struggling with my rotation with patient sniper. What i am doing is spamming arcane shot till i get 120-125 focus, then marked shot and 3 aim shots in the vulnerable window. Even tho 3rd AS hits at last second, i still cant get high logs. I have seen other hunters casting only 2 AS within a vulnerable window but i dont quite get that rotation. Could someone explain it to me pls?

Bonus question: When you have the War Belt legendary, on big trash with Trueshot, is it worth using AS on 20 stacks on keep spamming multi -> marked ?

You should be using marked shout around the ~75 focus mark then doing 2 aimed shots. Then use arcane shot to get back up to ~75 and repeat. For big trash with the belt you want to spam multi and marked shot unti you hit 20 stacks of the aimed shot bonus then throw it in. If for example you are fighting 8 or 9 mobs it is usually best to do 2 multi/marked shots then throw in aimed as the third multi shot would overcap the 20 stack buff by 4 and 6 respectively. So at 8 targets multi marked to 16 stacks then aimed and at 9 targets multi/marked to 18 stacks then aimed.

Aim for 100% vuln uptime instead of pooling focus. Even if your focus is really low at the end of a vuln window and you can go straight into another vuln window then pool your focus at the start so you get 1-2 aimed shots off with the higher dmg bonus. Even if you get one aimed shot off its ok. My rotation I'll get off 1-2 aimed shots every window...sort of like 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 2. I'm not a master at trickshot but can pull 600k-700k with this method

Quote Originally Posted by Absoul View Post
    Aim for 100% vuln uptime instead of pooling focus. Even if your focus is really low at the end of a vuln window and you can go straight into another vuln window then pool your focus at the start so you get 1-2 aimed shots off with the higher dmg bonus. Even if you get one aimed shot off its ok. My rotation I'll get off 1-2 aimed shots every window...sort of like 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 2. I'm not a master at trickshot but can pull 600k-700k with this method
    This is also what i do, only pool on early vuln windows, but sometimes im skeptical about it because it produces more marked shots and less aimed shots. I dont do maths, but do u think its better?

Also icyveins saying otherwise. =/
    Last edited by Yizu; 2017-03-21 at 04:50 AM.

It's very simple with ST rotation, prioritise hitting aimed shots in vuln, vuln uptime outside of hitting aimedshots (when ur pooling focus with arcane) doesn't matter.
    Just that focus up, apply vuln, aimed shot till u cant aimed shot no moar, repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Ynai View Post
    This is also what i do, only pool on early vuln windows, but sometimes im skeptical about it because it produces more marked shots and less aimed shots. I dont do maths, but do u think its better?

Also icyveins saying otherwise. =/
    Yeah I am a little skeptical because there are guys pulling 100k more ST. I'm not sure whether its gear or they are just more skilled but the gear they have is pretty similar

Quote Originally Posted by Absoul View Post
    Yeah I am a little skeptical because there are guys pulling 100k more ST. I'm not sure whether its gear or they are just more skilled but the gear they have is pretty similar
    The problem with marked shotting early is that you end up spending more focus on marked shot than you should. WIth the high proc rate this could cause you to overspend focus on marked shot rather than an aimed shot which will do a lot more dmg.

Deleted
    When you try to push 3 AiS on vuln window you are more likely to focus cap and the first AiS is pretty weak.

The situation, where u put only one aimed shot into vuln window are almost always easy ones(and like Absoul said its OK to put just only one AiS on vuln window) But when there is situation where u can put two aimed it has fixed way to do it. imagine the situation that u are at ~70 focus and u have hunters mark on the target, u should proceed like this. MS -> AS(after AS u have ~4 seconds remaining on your vuln window) -> 2X AiS. This is the guideline on many MM Hunter threads/guides. I have noticed that myself, sometimes i have issues on handling the rotation on BL window since the haste u get from it is so high that if u dont want to cast AiS immediately you focus cap, if u dont want to focus cap you miss the last second AiS if u just spam it(usually this kinda situation you get your final AiS on 2s left on vuln window). After all, the name of the talent is PATIENT sniper

checkmywow.com helped me a lot when I was learning the rotation. It will show you how buffed each of your aimed shots were and if you wasted any vuln windows and what your vuln uptime was too. It will also show when you used your cooldowns which is quite usefull to help you line up pots/lust/trueshot/bullseye. You just give them a parse from warcraftlogs and they analyze it for you

the goal is to always get your AiS off in the last 2s (assuming your AiS cast isn't >2s for some reason) of PS and to never focus cap. your 2 main rotations outside of lust/Trueshot should be:
    1. MS@~60f->AS(then wait like half a second depending on your haste/ping)->AiSx2, this is to get an AiS with 1.9s left on Vulnerble and another one ideally at 0.1s
    2. MS@~30F->ASx2->AiS, this is to get an ais in the 0-1s timeframe
    you gotta play around for your rotations with Windburst

also, having a WA with the Vulnerable bar helps a TON
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

On the note of a good WA string for tracking Vuln, Khakhan has made an absolutely insane WA for MM. The vuln bar tracks your time remaining with tickmarks and the AiS icon will turn red if your cast won't reach the target with vuln still up. I've been using this for about 6 months now and it noticeably improved my gameplay.

https://wago.io/VJdTRIH_b

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    the goal is to always get your AiS off in the last 2s (assuming your AiS cast isn't >2s for some reason) of PS and to never focus cap. your 2 main rotations outside of lust/Trueshot should be:
    1. MS@~60f->AS(then wait like half a second depending on your haste/ping)->AiSx2, this is to get an AiS with 1.9s left on Vulnerble and another one ideally at 0.1s
    2. MS@~30F->ASx2->AiS, this is to get an ais in the 0-1s timeframe
    you gotta play around for your rotations with Windburst

When would you use one more than the other? if your hunter's mark keeps proccing then you would use the MS@30 one? Because getting 2 AiS is way better than getting one in right?

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    i don't know how to post spezific post from other threats, but in this threat i pasted the string for the vuln WA

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...MM-vs-BM/page2

it's not mine, got it from a guide side, sadly cannot remember which one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clinkzthebonerogue View Post
    When would you use one more than the other? if your hunter's mark keeps proccing then you would use the MS@30 one? Because getting 2 AiS is way better than getting one in right?
    depends on your proccs of hunter's mark
    sometimes you can AS up to 70+ without proccs, and other times you have 2 proccs back to back right after finishing another vuln window

rule of thump: try not to use AS when you have mark up, rather use a 1AiS vuln instead of wasting the mark-applying AS.

if you know there will be a window of higher dmg then it's ok to overwrite mark to set up a 2(or even 3?) AiS vuln, but that should not be the norm.