Macro - meteor on target

Currently I use this:

#showtooltip
    /cast [cursor] Meteor

(at cursor)

But this cast meteor on my cursor location. Is any macro for cast meteor on my target ?

No, there is no macro for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Demandredd View Post
    Currently I use this:

#showtooltip
    /cast [cursor] Meteor

(at cursor)

But this cast meteor on my cursor location. Is any macro for cast meteor on my target ?
    WAIT, what??? hold your horses there bro, this is 2017, they just added "open all" to mail, get in line, in the next 5 years maybe, they are working HARD on taking the "main bag" out of the CORE GAME, because you know... is too deep in coding... so no, no use aoe skills on target

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think this is possible and it's probably better that you can't do that tbh..

If you need a macro to use Meteor, you shouldn't use Meteor.

If they're going to be removing the ability to macro a larger field of view because it gives people an unfair advantage or something dumb, you can be sure as shit they're not going to allow you to do this.

Enemy position isn't a thing you can have in a macro. You can have cursor position (like you already have) and player position (cast on yourself)

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a separate macro with [@player] it is handy when in stand for what ever reason in a pack or close to a boss.

Deleted
    there is no target for meteor. it is a skill shot (like cinderstorm)
    There is no macro that can change it.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    It's not that they can't do it. They don't want to do it. I agree with them. Letting you macro the placement of AoE spells just gives you one more way to not pay any attention to what it going on around you, and just mash buttons. When you go to cast an AoE spell, you have to point to where it goes. If you can use @Target, then you don't even have to know where your target is.
    I agree but I want to make a correction to what you said.

Letting you macro the placement of Ground targeted spells
    There would not be any reason for them to have ground targeted spells be macroable to a target. The point of them is that they require some skill/reaction time to place. Its not much, but it is better than everything being target based, and offers some semblance of skill shots in a game which has very few.

They gave us cursor targeting for ground spells which is a good compromise

Too bad it wouldn't possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    There is nothing wrong trying to optimize your characters. Having to mouseclick an area is a waste of time, reactivity and attention better used somewhere else.

"right-click"
    c

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    Quite possibly one of the dumbest comments I’ve read on here. Well done sir!

Comet Storm allows you to cast on the target and not have to aim. Meteor could easily be changed to function in the same way. We aim our Blizzard spell with the green circle the same way we aim our flame strike. I don't mouse cursor over targets so it would save me time if Meteor worked like Comet Storm. I use the bartender app to cast my spells so moving my mouse to aim is wasting time. I understand there are people with 8 button mouse that have their spells bound, but that is not my playstyle. Being able to macro a spell is important. I have my trinket macro to when I cast Arcane Power when I am in Arcane Spec.