Poll: Was Dalaran a good pick for the main city of this expansion?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I do like it and Im happy it doesnt have an auction to keep other capital cities ( only orgrimmar sadly who am I kidding) relevent.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every expansion should have a brand new capital, and we haven't had one since Wrath. Recycling Dalaran was the laziest thing they could have done and a totally unsatisfactory response to the Karabor/BSF debacle.

One of my only complaints about Legion. I did my time in Dalaran back in 2008/2009/whenever Wrath was.

Story wise, sure, but it's too fuckin tiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

No. Sharding killed it.

laps in dalaran still feel the same as they did in 2008 and just as satisfying, as I question my life choices.. ooh one more lap!

I didn't really like it in Wrath, and I like it less in Legion. It's a very small city with not very much going on.The Underbelly 'pvp' is fucking retarded

I miss Shattrath.

Mmmm... I dunno I feel like Dalarn was a little boring this time around. It makes a lot of logical sense from a gameplay standpoint though. The Legion is kinda attacking the shit out of the ground. Having a flying city off shore seems like a great place to defend and attack from, though as a DK i feel more like my hub city is Acherus.

Compared to other expansion's hubs, I always felt Wrath was the best. The worst was easily Shattrath, so hopefully they never make something like that place again. *Shudders*.

Cataclysm just used Org/SW. MoP had the two Shrines, which were okay, but felt very crowded for a big "city", even more so than Dalaran, which feels small. Ashran was... an attempt.

Honestly, looking back, Wrath was the only halfway decent expansion hub they've done.

Still I'd have preferred Dalaran as a small hub, and the primary hub being somewhere in Suramar, or on an island we claimed. To be fair to Blizzard, Dalaran as a major hub of operations makes perfect sense.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

It's murderously boring. It was boring in Wrath, it is boring as hell now. The mind-numbing music doesn't help either.
    I was sick of Dalaran 8 years ago, I wish they created a new hub. Stormshield in Draenor was miles better. Shrines in Pandaria too.

And Blizzard also revived the most terrible dungeon in the entire WoW with it - The Violet Hold. That's another reason to hate Dalaran as the new city hub.

Ehh it's kinda small and boring and doesn't have an AH. It feels sort of mismatched with the overall legion aesthetic also. I would have rather they just fixed up org/SW and kept those as the hubs since we have to use them anyway.

I was seriously hoping Suramar would become the new hub after we took it over but it doesn't look like that'll be happening. I don't really mind Dalaran but it would be nice to have somewhere new. There's just so much potential with Suramar that it's a real shame that we can't use it further.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Jaina left, I suppose it technically doesnt have a leader now?
    Dalaran is ruled by the Council of Six, of which Jaina is just one member. The fact that the Kirin Tor still let her lead even though she personally murdered civilians in the streets based on race alone is pretty damned insulting, let alone asking us for HELP afterward. No apology, no punishment. Dalaran is hardly neutral ground.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty pleased with how new Dalaran turned out as our capital city this expansion. Don't really have anything negative to say.
    I hope the next expansion's city takes a similar route with being faction shared and well laid out.
    Butts.

Deleted
    reusing hub cities is just lazy design work ... it was fine in wotlk, it's still fine.. just the same fine. They should've made something new

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, its just another reskin with some tweaks here and there. Completly new city would be better, assuming it would be something better than shitty camps from wod

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it. I had fun revisiting it, too.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    It's murderously boring. It was boring in Wrath, it is boring as hell now. The mind-numbing music doesn't help either.
    I was sick of Dalaran 8 years ago, I wish they created a new hub. Stormshield in Draenor was miles better. Shrines in Pandaria too.

And Blizzard also revived the most terrible dungeon in the entire WoW with it - The Violet Hold. That's another reason to hate Dalaran as the new city hub.
    I agree. Dalaran should have been left alone or rather perhaps a new dalaran could have been made entirely. (or just a new hub)
    The violet hold was not the most terrible dungeon in the entire world of warcraft.... The Occulus is. The only reason the Violet Hold is bad is basically because the spwn timers are so fucked. It should be a hell of a lot quicker once you defeat the first pack. Or rather...new packs could spawn while the old one is not dead yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The loading screens are cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The loading screens are cancer.

Get a new computer, then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by preciousx View Post
    It's kind of annoying when I have to go back to org for AH everything else seems fine
    If you have engineering (even at level1) you can use the AH in dalaran, if you didn't know.