Thread: Mining Rank 3s

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Mining Rank 3s

    So, am I missing something? I'm rank 2 in most of my legion mining skills - I haven't done any dedicated farming since a few months into Legion, but I do pick up nodes as I pass them. Surely I'd have picked up a rank 3 quest item for atleast 1 type of node by now.

    At this point I'm considering just dropping it for another crafting prof anyway, but I'm curious as to your results.

  2. #2
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,498
    I am in the same boat as you. Except that I do not consider dropping the profession.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

  3. #3
    rank 3 mining feels like rank 3 flasks, you can craft 1 flask get rank 3 recipe, you can craft 2000 flasks not get it.

    you can mine 1 node rank 3, 2k nodes nothing etc.

  4. #4
    I finally got rank 2 leystone, like wtff rng.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  5. #5
    Pandaren Monk jimboa24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    'MURICA!
    Posts
    1,851
    Blizzard fucked up on its RNG machine. I've been sitting at rank 2 on ALL nodes for months. I have 800 mining and +10 to mining from my gnomish army knife AND the mining enchant for good measure. Exalted on all reps. Still got nothing. It's fucked up - 7.2 is here and STILL rank 2 on everything.

  6. #6
    I'm sure it was in "professions" changes in 7.2 patch notes that they have made it easier to get rank 3 for mining
    Same boat as everyone else, been stuck for ages
    ***************
    Remixer By Night.
    ***************
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3R...jYjMXnIHz4NJdw

  7. #7
    Pandaren Monk jimboa24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    'MURICA!
    Posts
    1,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    I'm sure it was in "professions" changes in 7.2 patch notes that they have made it easier to get rank 3 for mining
    Same boat as everyone else, been stuck for ages
    Only for the infernal mining node. Everything else is being kept the same.

  8. #8
    I feel you on this I am in the same boat.... and don't even get me started on flasks.....

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Only for the infernal mining node. Everything else is being kept the same.
    That's a real shame, my four herbalists got rank 3s easy, my skinner got rank 3 incredibly easy, but none of my miners have gone beyond rank two, even my main who played since legion launch, done every emmisary each day etc, always out mining, is stuck
    ***************
    Remixer By Night.
    ***************
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3R...jYjMXnIHz4NJdw

  10. #10
    Dreadlord Ryken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Posts
    813
    I have every herb and skinning rank 3 and almost every mining rank 3 (no brimstone, and no felslate seam). By far, the worst one to farm has been felslate seam rank 3. And this is coming from someone who got Aethril rank 3 after 28000 Aethril. Whats worse is leystone seam rank 3 doesn't give really anything substantially more, so I assume felslate seam rank 3 is gonna be the same. Too damn rare for what they give.

  11. #11
    So it was just purely RNG on mining the nodes?

    With the surge of mats to come on the market as flying is released, its tempting to simply buy the mats and take up a crafting prof in its place.

  12. #12
    Was excited to finally get rank 2 and 3 of brimstone, but apparently now I'm stuck having to find some people to kill archimonde in HFC. Like anyone wants to go and run that place again. ugh.

  13. #13
    I gto R3 of leystone on the first node after the patch.

    And i like how they said Brimstone was available in game....

  14. #14
    Over 9000! FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    9,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverr View Post
    So, am I missing something? I'm rank 2 in most of my legion mining skills - I haven't done any dedicated farming since a few months into Legion, but I do pick up nodes as I pass them. Surely I'd have picked up a rank 3 quest item for atleast 1 type of node by now.

    At this point I'm considering just dropping it for another crafting prof anyway, but I'm curious as to your results.
    i have mined every node i come by
    about 5 hours a week every week since launch
    first week i got rank 2 everything, and second week rank 3 felslate deposit
    today i FINALLY got rank 3 leystone deposit...
    also i spent about 3 hours at the basaslisks for todays world quest in broken shore mining em, no living felslate rank 3
    this is very annoying.

    also that it took blizz from 7.0 to 7.2 to fix infernal brimstone... sadly its used in allmost nothing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Domoda View Post
    I was a "Warlock main" In vanilla and i think soulshards disappeared upon logging out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Me too!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    Was excited to finally get rank 2 and 3 of brimstone, but apparently now I'm stuck having to find some people to kill archimonde in HFC. Like anyone wants to go and run that place again. ugh.
    Was about to post the same thing, assumed like other ones would require current raid, so when I finally got last night and saw I had to go to hellfire citadel...not amused
    ***************
    Remixer By Night.
    ***************
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3R...jYjMXnIHz4NJdw

  16. #16
    Blademaster Geeky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    32
    It seems so incredibly random. My main is still missing a bunch of rank 3s from mining but my alt (that barely did any kind of mining at all) has some rank 3s already.... oh well

  17. #17
    Legendary! A dot Ham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    America, you great unfinished symphony.
    Posts
    6,049
    Is it confirmed on how ranking up works?

    I found that it was a specific task triggered at random, that triggered a rank up. For example mining vendorables from rock worms. Or mining Basilisks after they attack me for mining their node. etc.

    Rather than 1000 mining of (x) node.
    *I'd rather be divisive than indecisive, drop the niceties!*

  18. #18
    For Azeroth!
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    3,460
    Got rank 3 felslate seam today, many seams all over the broken shore, wonder if the chance for rank 3s was increased.

    Also seem to get way more Leystone basilisk spawns.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Was about to post the same thing, assumed like other ones would require current raid, so when I finally got last night and saw I had to go to hellfire citadel...not amused
    I've gotten rank 3 and so far I've done 2 quests for brimstone. I still got 5 brimstones as I did when I had rank 1...

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehpowa View Post
    I've gotten rank 3 and so far I've done 2 quests for brimstone. I still got 5 brimstones as I did when I had rank 1...
    Friend confirmed the same, they have seen no difference between rank 1 and 3 :/
    ***************
    Remixer By Night.
    ***************
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3R...jYjMXnIHz4NJdw

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •