Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruh View Post
    how the heck did they decide to not scale the gear?! it's not a challenge then. at least cap the gear at some point. jeez. I got like 900 gear on my disc but I was really looking forward to a challenge. meh
    if YOU want the challenge run it in crap gear. Scaling it for the sole purpose of keeping average players from completing the content is what Blizzard is steering away from and rightfully so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    all this just for weapon skin ? lol, i will not go on the stupid grind train just for that;p there are like hundred of old weapon out there you can farm to have better skin
    I agree with you. Unless it is the Pally ball and chain weapon which I have been waiting for since before legion even went live.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Awesome Lock weapon design.

Not that excited, my spec's appearance is horrible looking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    This thread in a nutshell:

How dare they have content that isn't guaranteed success for everyone?

Players who hate grinds so much shouldn't play MMOs anyway. Or thinking that any sort of exclusive reward is inherently bad because 6 years later you can't oneshot a boss and receive a mount that actually held some sort of prestige once. And yes, prestige is important in MMOs and trying to deny it is pointless. You feel good for having an awesome weapon or mount few others have and being the forum white knight and claiming otherwise isn't going to change how the human mind works. And there's a difference between once standing in ironforge and going insane over someones full t2 set, and defending the fact that being able to achieve something not everyone can just waltz into and oneshot in an hour is important for MMO players at some level.

Now I don't know how challenging this will end up being, but at least I can see the benefits of this kind of system. If it's not available forever, some people are going to do whatever it takes to get it. But it's not just a "Reset and try again for free" system, and if every attempt is expensive you'll actually feel like your attempt has something on the line as well.

In short: Guaranteed success and zero investment is the bane of fun.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2017-03-21 at 03:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    That said I play a monk and I hate being bound to fist weapons for transmog, this new one is just another fist weapon model I have little to no interest in, now if it was a sword I might feel more motivated as it'll open a wider range of transmogging rather than being stuck with a fist weapon for the rest of the expansion.
    So you are basically saying... i take this cat and then you want the cat to become a dog... a monk fights with his fucking fists and feets...

Quote Originally Posted by Zzyxzz View Post
    So you are basically saying... i take this cat and then you want the cat to become a dog... a monk fights with his fucking fists and feets...
    Monks are also the only class that all weapons sheathe on your back, what is the point of having such a feature if you've got a fist weapon forced down your throat the entire expansion? I simply don't care about another fist weapon skin, it's unappealing but if we go by your logic, we shouldn't be using weapons at all.

Give the people who actually put a lot of work in this game something unique and something to show for it. We worked our asses off and it's nice to see blizzard give this to us, and as stated a lot in this post if you cannot get it for whatever reason, there's plenty of other weapon skins you can use.

Gonna get cracking at the challenge asap! What's the fun in waiting until it's faceroll? Talk about lazy attitudes... no wonder those same people liked WoD and whinge about Legion.

Was excited until I saw the nethershard cost.

More grinding.. Hell no

Hey guys, we added something challenging and new. It isn't mandatory, just for the looks, so you don't have to do it if you don't want to.

*insert dozens of answers of the triggered*

If you can't be satisfied with anything they give you, maybe you should look elsewhere or stop gaming completely.

So if the challenges don't scale what ilvl are they tuned around? Anyone got any info on that?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I'm dreading this solo challenge bullshit. The last time they tried to make hard solo content I had to quit my warlock to stop me from going insane.
    Dude, there a thing that you are not triggered about? You seem to be pissed like 99% of your time here. I don't think WoW is healthy for you, to be honest.

As for challenges, there is one for each spec or just 7 different? They could tune it better if we would had each for one specific spec. Anyway, I will do it only on my main and wait for 7.3/7.3.5 catch up gear for my alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I really enjoy the solo challenges blizzard has put in game - I am sorry to see all the hate though.. nobody even knows how hard it's really going to be. Why hate something before it even comes out?

10+ Year Old Account
    "nobody will want to do the new broken shore and farm nethershards, let's gate their Artifact Appearances behind it"".

I noticed the 15% increase to corruption damage change to Sacrolash Death Strike isn't on this list, is that still happening?

Deleted
    another shitty grind? Go fuck yourself Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    another shitty grind? Go fuck yourself Blizzard.
    Good thing it's optional then isn't it? You know since it's a cosmetic appearance. All you really need to do is the questline for the traits. I imagine the appearance is something separate.

And even so god forbid you have to put effort in towards a video game these days right?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-21 at 09:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Good thing it's optional then isn't it? You know since it's a cosmetic appearance. All you really need to do is the questline for the traits. I imagine the appearance is something separate.

And even so god forbid you have to put effort in towards a video game these days right?
    I think you do misunderstand that nobody is forcing people to play the game (and that's not what is being discussed because it's obvious, everything is optional in the game) and players would rather have fun than "put effort in towards a video game". Sure a challenge can be fun, all right. Farming uninteresting content to reach said challenge (that is gated behind nethershards farming) ? Not that interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    I think you do misunderstand that nobody is forcing people to play the game (and that's not what is being discussed because it's obvious, everything is optional in the game) and players would rather have fun than "put effort in towards a video game". Sure a challenge can be fun, all right. Farming uninteresting content to reach said challenge (that is gated behind nethershards farming) ? Not that interesting.
    Then don't do it. I won't for an optional cosmetic either. Also uninteresting is entirely down to subjective opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Then don't do it. I won't for an optional cosmetic either. Also uninteresting is entirely down to subjective opinion.
    Yep it's subjective but it's an opinion obviously shared by a lot of players.