Deleted

Load Weak Aura if Item Equipped?

Hi!

So you can easily set a Weak Aura to load only in Dungeons or Raids but I was wondering if it is possible for a Weak Aura to only load if a certain item is equipped. If so, how?

Thanks!

For any item, you'll need a custom trigger function that checks the item ID of the slot. It's easier for artifact weapons since each one has a unique spell, so you simply put the spell ID in the load tab.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    For any item, you'll need a custom trigger function that checks the item ID of the slot. It's easier for artifact weapons since each one has a unique spell, so you simply put the spell ID in the load tab.
    Thanks for the reply Sadly it's not my artifact weapon (I just switch that with spec). How would the custom trigger function look like? Since I am not a very good with LUA coding, I understand the basics but I don't know how to do something like this

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    For any item, you'll need a custom trigger function that checks the item ID of the slot.
    You do not need a custom trigger function.

There is literaly a field called "Item Equipped" under status triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by MithosX View Post
    How would the custom trigger function look like? Since I am not a very good with LUA coding, I understand the basics but I don't know how to do something like this
    Previous poster is wrong.

Under triggers, choose the type 'Status', then pick the 'Item Equipped'. Then just put in the name of the item you want to have equipped when the WA should load.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post

Under triggers, choose the type 'Status', then pick the 'Item Equipped'. Then just put in the name of the item you want to have equipped when the WA should load.
    My bad, I'm used to doing most things with functions.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post

Ohh thats awesome, thank you both Still one question, I want a trigger that shows up when my Ring is equipped but only when it's equiped in the top slot and not the bottom slot. With that option I can only trigger it when the ring is equipped but it also has to be in the top ring slot which is slot 11. Is this possible?
    Last edited by mmoc8504677281; 2017-03-23 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MithosX View Post
    Ohh thats awesome, thank you both Still one question, I want a trigger that shows up when my Ring is equipped but only when it's equiped in the top slot and not the bottom slot. With that option I can only trigger it when the ring is equipped but it also has to be in the top ring slot which is slot 11. Is this possible?
    For such specific requirements you do need a custom function.

Use this trigger:

Code:
    function()
        if strsplit(" ", GetInventoryItemID("player", 11), 1) == '140897' then
            return true
        end
    end
    replace 140897 with the id of whatever item you need.

And this untrigger:

Code:
    function()
        return true
    end
    Last edited by Quibble; 2017-03-23 at 11:23 AM.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Deleted
    Awesome thanks a lot!