Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mythic Keystone Dungeons at 7.2 Launch, Pet Battle Dungeon - Wailing Critters

Patch 7.2 Preparation, Character Services Sale, Blue Posts, PvP Title Cutoff, Key Art

Mythic Keystone Dungeons at 7.2 Launch
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With the release of Patch 7.2, we’re increasing the difficulty of (and rewards from) Mythic Keystone Dungeons. To help you prepare, we’d like to provide some clarity on what those changes entail.

After Patch 7.2 has been released, the minimum item level of the rewards found in the end-of-run chests will be as follows:

• Mythic 2-3: 870
    • Mythic 4-5: 875
    • Mythic 6-7: 880
    • Mythic 8-9: 885
    • Mythic 10+: 890

(Note: bosses in Mythic Dungeons run with no Keystone active will drop item level 865 gear.)

The minimum item level of the rewards in the weekly Challenger’s Bounty chest (found in your Order Hall) will be based on the highest difficulty Mythic Keystone dungeon you cleared that week, as follows:

• Mythic 2: 875
    • Mythic 3: 880
    • Mythic 4: 885
    • Mythic 5: 890
    • Mythic 6: 890
    • Mythic 7: 895
    • Mythic 8: 895
    • Mythic 9: 900
    • Mythic 10+: 905

So, if you clear a Mythic dungeon using a level 6 Keystone after the patch is released, you’ll see gear of at least item level 880 at the end of the run, and will get a piece of gear with an item level of at least 890 in your weekly chest. Keep in mind that the difficulty of the dungeons themselves is increasing to match these rewards.

As we transition from Patch 7.1.5 to Patch 7.2, you’ll get a lower-level Keystone with the reset this week than you may otherwise be expecting. This is due to the increase in difficulty of these dungeons in Patch 7.2. For example, if you completed a level 9 Keystone in patch 7.1.5 and then were given the usual level 6 Keystone next week, that’d actually be an increase in difficulty. To avoid this, we’re making these adjustments for this week only to reduce the level of Keystone you receive based on what you’ve completed this week:

• Mythic 2-8: level 2 Keystone
    • Mythic 9-10: level 3
    • Mythic 11: level 4
    • Mythic 12: level 5
    • Mythic 13-14: level 6
    • Mythic 15: level 7

(each difficulty level above 15 increases next week’s Keystone level by 1)

As to the gear you’ll find in your weekly chest, its item level will still be based on the highest dungeon you complete this week, but the rewards will be based on the new 7.2 scaling. To put it more directly: completing a Keystone dungeon of difficulty 10 or higher this week will result in a reward with a minimum item level of 905 in your next weekly chest, which is the current maximum reward in Patch 7.2.

We hope this helps clear the air on what you can expect from Mythic Keystone dungeons next week, as well as what you’ll find waiting for you in your Challenger’s Bounty chest. Good luck!

Could you clarify whether this starts on Tuesday (eg. no point in pushing a +15 key this week if +10 is the cap again) or the Tuesday after?
    This coming Tuesday, the 28th.

Patch 7.2 - Pet Battle Dungeon
    Patch 7.2 adds the first pet battle dungeon, a solo scenario entitled Wailing Critters.

• The scenario takes place inside Wailing Caverns.
    • It challenges players to complete eleven pet battles, including a final battle versus a Legendary foe.
    • All enemies are Level 25 pets of increasing quality that are classified as either Elite or Boss.
    • There are two different scenarios: a one-time scenario and a weekly challenge scenario.

Requirements
    One-Time Scenario
    • Requires Level 110 and one Level 25 pet, but it's recommended you have at least three max level pets.
    • Pets can be healed and revived between battles.

Weekly Challenge Scenario

• Requires Level 110 and at least fifteen Level 25 pets.
    • Pets cannot be healed or revived between battles.

Rewards
    One-Time Scenario

Weekly Challenge Scenario

Preparing for the Dungeon
    • Once inside the scenario, you cannot leave or you'll have to start over.
    • The scenario is somewhat time-consuming, so be prepared to spend at least a half hour inside.
    • Most battles are against Beast type pets, so Mechanical pets will have a clear advantage.
    • You should bring an Aquatic pet for the final boss, Budding Everliving Spore, due to his Elemental type.

Consider adding these pets to your team:

Getting to the Dungeon

Dungeon Stages
    • Each battle will require you to defeat three pets.
    • The primary pet will always be accompanied by two Common-quality pets randomly selected from the Deviate pets battled in Stage 1.
    • Stage 1 - Defeat Deviate Smallclaw (Beast, Common), Deviate Chomper (Aquatic, Common), Deviate Flapper (Flying, Common), and their teams.
    • Stage 2 - Defeat the Son of Skum (Beast, Epic, Elite) and his team.
    • Stage 3 - Defeat Phyxia, Dreadcoil, Vilefang (Beast, Uncommon, Elite) and their teams.
    • Stage 4 - Defeat Hiss (Beast, Epic, Boss) and his team.
    • Stage 5 - Defeat the two Growing Ectoplasms (Magic, Rare, Elite) and their teams.
    • Stage 6 - Talk to the Shadowy Figure found sleeping to the right of the final boss.
    • Stage 7 - Defeat the Budding Everliving Spore (Elemental, Legendary, Boss). His Acid Rain + Dreadful Breath combination will do a high amount of damage if the fight goes on too long. Acid Rain will also cause Aquatic abilities to do more damage, so with a quality Aquatic pet you’ll be able to dispatch him relatively quickly.
    • With the successful defeat of the Budding Everliving Spore, return to Muyani to turn in the quest and receive your reward: Ultimate Battle Training Stone.
    Last edited by chaud; 2017-03-25 at 12:05 AM.

1rd. SO,now i gotta do at least 10 on all alts for max loot,that sounds pretty sweeet!

I'm looking forward to all the tears when people go in to farm their M+5 etc come Wednesday - and have not heard about the change to difficulty

Does this mean that I only have to complete a +10 THIS WEEK (before patch) to receive a 905 piece of loot in my chest on patch day? or should I still complete a +15 this week?

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving that wind serpent pet!

Quote Originally Posted by chrewm View Post
    Does this mean that I only have to complete a +10 THIS WEEK (before patch) to receive a 905 piece of loot in my chest on patch day? or should I still complete a +15 this week?
    If you only care about the weekly chest then yeah, you just need to do a 10 or higher to get a 905 piece on Tuesday

seems like a shit reward for that pet battle, I still get that item for just teleporting to my garrison from the pet tamer there

Quote Originally Posted by duledarth View Post
    1rd. SO,now i gotta do at least 10 on all alts for max loot,that sounds pretty sweeet!
    you know new +10 equals to current +15 right?

The URL at the top is directing to a different page

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks fun!

M+ changes are interesting, at least they announced it now with a weekend to go.
    With an Overflowing week prior to the patch (which is basically a free affix, hence them removing it) everyone will be rushing to complete a +10 on alts.
    Altho with the difficulty ramping up the related achievements might become alot harder to obtain, esp the 'new' +15 one since that gives the artifact skin..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nixxen312 View Post
    Actually it doesn't. The new Mythic 7 is equal to Mythic 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Actually it doesn't. The new Mythic 7 is equal to Mythic 15.
    No it doesn't,
    You will get lvl7 key in chest if you completed lvl15 this week, which is roughly equal to lvl11 key which you would get otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by nixxen312 View Post
    I meant this week to do 10 on alts ,which is easy ,for the 905 on reset,not after.

Zandalari Anklerender - Its Black Claw + Swarm combo
    You might want to double check the ability name :P

I wish I knew before I do my 15

Seriously the pet battle "dungeon" sounds pretty pathetic. Pass.

What about the base iLVLs in Karazhan? Are they also ramp up, like the other loot from base mythic dungeons, or they remain iLVL 860?

Quote Originally Posted by Adi91 View Post
    What about the base iLVLs in Karazhan? Are they also ramp up, like the other loot from base mythic dungeons, or they remain iLVL 860?
    They're the same as far as I've seen, put all the higher ilvl from them into M+ Kara

Whos bright fucking idea was it to make you have to go to the actual dungeon for the pet battle scenario. The dungeon is in a horde controlled zone and on pvp servers alliance will basically have to corpse walk there because horde will be camping the entrance. More proof that blizz has their head up Thralls ass.