Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Attacking in skirmish

Why do people get so mad when this happens? Don't leave the room if you don't wanna fight. I have had people tell me to kill myself cause I was testing out my sniping skills. P.S. - they suck

7+ Year Old Account
    you are a bad person.

everyone knows skirmish is for emote and voice line spamming with the enemy team.
    SHAME!

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    you are a bad person.

everyone knows skirmish is for emote and voice line spamming with the enemy team.
    SHAME!
    Guess i'm a bad person then

10+ Year Old Account
    How's it practice to shoot people who aren't trying to fight back?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    How's it practice to shoot people who aren't trying to fight back?
    Calibrate your hand/scope co-ordination :3

I just alt tab as soon as it puts me in a skirmish... I turned them off in the options but i still get put in them when waiting on players.

Deleted
    Fun to mess around in it. Go around sleeping people and booping them.

It's also a sadistic ~60 seconds for me and a friend of mine. I sleep one, he headshots them from close range. Funny as hell :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    Never had anyone lash out in skirmish 2bh, doesn't suprise me with the OW community though.
    not sure what it has to do with the OVerwatch community. People literally tell people to kill themselves for undercutting on the AH or for literally anything.

Its 100% to do with the internet being full of mediocre boys (ages child to middle aged) who think its an acceptable way of dealing with people you disagree with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Why do people get so mad when this happens? Don't leave the room if you don't wanna fight. I have had people tell me to kill myself cause I was testing out my sniping skills. P.S. - they suck
    honestly i always go in ready to fight but also ready to stop. i've literally stopped mid clip. But yea that situation is stupid and speaks 100% to the person doing it. Horrible people play all games. Like every show, like any movie.

speaking generally , the "problem" is that there is no guideline. you dont only go with people on your team but I can understand people using it as an opportunity to goof off with whoever.

. I mean if it where me in that situation i'd start sniping other players and they were the only one maybe body shot and let them get a med pack?

But anyways..

i mean we live in a world where people will harrass their own team if they start losing....even though that has never made anyone perform better at any game in the entire history of the universe.

but there is your reason. some people interpret "its just a skirmish, have fun" to be "kill each other with no consequences" others take it to mean "play around and have fun with each other" (and as someone who likes to do that, spamming 3 emotes tends to get old after about a minute and 3 screeshots)

my best advice is if that happens again say

"we're in this game to shoot each other..soo......"

and if that fails

"b*tch this isnt RuPaul's Best Friend Race!"

https://youtu.be/4uIV5dWTLSg?t=1m44s
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Deleted
    Never had anyone lash out in skirmish 2bh, doesn't suprise me with the OW community though.
    It's the same in pretty much every single community.

I use skirmish to play characters I don't normally play (i.e. everyone but Mercy) and I'm going to shoot at you regardless if you fire back or not. It's less fun when they don't fire back though. I've also been called a few names for killing people in skirmish but nothing worth reporting.
    Last edited by Drakpower; 2017-03-30 at 03:40 PM.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean... I just see the word "Skirmish" and assume this is a casual little FFA deathmatch while waiting for the queue. I go out and blast people in the face cause that's what you do in an FPS.

Now I'm reading this is considered bad manners and skirmish isn't for fighting?

Don't be surprised when not everyone even knows about your accepted community etiquette, or wants to follow it!
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

I turned skirmish off, I got tired of all the people bitching at me because I killed their immersive fun.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Deleted
    Never heard of this, what? I thought Skirmish was intended for you to "warm up" before matches or simply try new things with heroes you might not know as well as others. Why would it be considered rude to attack?

Not much practice to be had by shooting someone taunting, or in other words, someone standing completely still. I don't know what to say if you are really having problems missing those shots.

@tristannarutofan I don't play WOW anymore but I have much better memories from WOW than I do currently with OW. It's not comparable though as its a completely different type of game. An argument would be that its the same for every competitive game, which is probably true, but this thread was about OW.

Also, just because it's common in 'every community' doesn't mean you should just accept it or participate in it.
    I have no freaking clue what you are talking about.

I said its something that happens everywhere. So blaming "the overwatch community" is stupid and inflamitory because it suggests harrassment has something to do with liking overwatch
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

So i started being nice and just emote/voice line with enemies in skirmish but i found it fun to melee people and watch them freak out cause they lost a little health or gain someones trust then annihilate them

15+ Year Old Account
    TBH...I hate skimish. I'd rather stare at the main screen until the match is ready.
    "Canada is a country where fake girlfriends live"
    I may not go down in history, but I'll go down on your sister.

I usually just have my character jump off the edge of the map if there's a ledge near my team's spawn. If I do see an enemy player, though, I tend to just emote at them unless they fire first. Skirmishes rarely last long enough to justify a full out fight anyway.

I murder everyone I see in skirmishes, specifically targetting the people just standing there emoting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I murder everyone I see in skirmishes, specifically targetting the people just standing there emoting.
    Word. I'd rather use the skirmish time to "warm up" instead of spamming emotes like some r tard.