Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    If you get a proc during BC, you feel it. If not, meeeeh.

Still worth going for that 52nd point if you're trying to push content where the extra burst will help.

Just realized the 4P will help our AOE rotation since BT will hit harder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    And Whirlwind and Odyns Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    And Whirlwind and Odyns Fury
    M+ will be fun!

You'd think so, but unfortunately that's really not the case, since you rarely use both RB and Whirlwind together on AoE. Two to three target cleave perhaps, but that's not really Fury's strong point to begin with.

Arch, any eta on 7.2.5 update? Or 7.2.5 legendary bis update? Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Arch, any eta on 7.2.5 update? Or 7.2.5 legendary bis update? Cheers
    "Official" guides will be released roughly a week before the patch drops. I'll certainly be answering questions before that (Discord is a good place to keep up with that sort of thing), but it's largely to allow time to tuning passes, and save my re-writing half the guide if something notable does happen to change.

Important to remember that I don't write these guides for me, I write them for all of you! While I'm sure you'll see plenty of people posting their own thoughts and opinions far in advance of launch, the last thing I want is to put out an incomplete guide based on faulty assumptions and mislead players who only read it once without keeping up with the updates.

- - - Updated - - -

I can say right now that Helm+Pants are currently the best legendaries with T20, as the increased rage generation is fairly crucial to maintaining good Enrage uptime. Pants+Ring is another good combination for prioritizing Execute damage, but at the moment falters in terms of overall damage - statistical tuning on the ring could influence this, but I have doubts it'll match Helm+Pants overall.

Pants+Belt is the best setup for mass AoE (such as the 5th boss/Gul'dan style fights) and Mythic+.

Regarding T20; the majority of the Inner Rage rotation won't change aside from slight prioritization (and simcraft APL) changes WRT legendary choice and maximizing the Raging Thirst buff. Frenzy is still being evaluated (read: rewriting the APL from scratch), but having played it in raid testing, I don't have very high hopes. While maintaining Frenzy itself isn't so hard, trying to juggle it, Rampage, and the Bloodthirst buff can get fairly overwhelming and has a lot of potential for failure, while the Inner Rage playstyle remains smooth as always. That said, there is some potential for Frenzy, and I'm interested in trying to make it work in non-standard situations such as maximizing burst in a Beastlord-style encounter.

The only real failing point of T20 (and the thing I've been most harping on in PTR feedback) is the Execute rotation - the loss of T19 is keenly felt. As above, while the new legendary Ring helps, the opportunity cost in using it simply doesn't feel competitive, given that it only has value for 20% of the fight. Tuning will hopefully stabilize and improve this.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    "Official" guides will be released roughly a week before the patch drops. I'll certainly be answering questions before that (Discord is a good place to keep up with that sort of thing), but it's largely to allow time to tuning passes, and save my re-writing half the guide if something notable does happen to change.

Important to remember that I don't write these guides for me, I write them for all of you! While I'm sure you'll see plenty of people posting their own thoughts and opinions far in advance of launch, the last thing I want is to put out an incomplete guide based on faulty assumptions and mislead players who only read it once without keeping up with the updates.

- - - Updated - - -

I can say right now that Helm+Pants are currently the best legendaries with T20, as the increased rage generation is fairly crucial to maintaining good Enrage uptime. Pants+Ring is another good combination for prioritizing Execute damage, but at the moment falters in terms of overall damage - statistical tuning on the ring could influence this, but I have doubts it'll match Helm+Pants overall.

Pants+Belt is the best setup for mass AoE (such as the 5th boss/Gul'dan style fights) and Mythic+.

Regarding T20; the majority of the Inner Rage rotation won't change aside from slight prioritization (and simcraft APL) changes WRT legendary choice and maximizing the Raging Thirst buff. Frenzy is still being evaluated (read: rewriting the APL from scratch), but having played it in raid testing, I don't have very high hopes. While maintaining Frenzy itself isn't so hard, trying to juggle it, Rampage, and the Bloodthirst buff can get fairly overwhelming and has a lot of potential for failure, while the Inner Rage playstyle remains smooth as always. That said, there is some potential for Frenzy, and I'm interested in trying to make it work in non-standard situations such as maximizing burst in a Beastlord-style encounter.

The only real failing point of T20 (and the thing I've been most harping on in PTR feedback) is the Execute rotation - the loss of T19 is keenly felt. As above, while the new legendary Ring helps, the opportunity cost in using it simply doesn't feel competitive, given that it only has value for 20% of the fight. Tuning will hopefully stabilize and improve this.
    I always appreciate your 2 cents; it's valuable info. Thanks for the lengthy reply.

Deleted
    The new Pants worked with critical Rampage, right?
    How often do we actually crit with Rampage?
    Or does it proc for every single hit we perform with Rampage?

Deleted
    It does proc with every single hit.

It means you totally can have 2 rampages in a single BC window with helmet and legs for example.

I was having some fun playing with Ayala's and the new ring.
    You'd randomly proc executes, which would proc massacres, so many free gcds, but it did shit damage and the rotation felt really weird, I had to create a weakaura that told me when my ramp/exe was free or not
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus-WOW View Post
    I was having some fun playing with Ayala's and the new ring.
    You'd randomly proc executes, which would proc massacres, so many free gcds, but it did shit damage and the rotation felt really weird, I had to create a weakaura that told me when my ramp/exe was free or not
    You really missed out on when we used Massacre in EN and the ring was bis.
    Sometimes it got really fucking hectic and you had like 5 jugg stacks at 50% boss hp.
    Ah, good times

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiowas View Post
    The new Pants worked with critical Rampage, right?
    How often do we actually crit with Rampage?
    Or does it proc for every single hit we perform with Rampage?
    Yay, probability!

For simplicities sake, lets assume we have ~20% crit, and Rampage hits 5 times, we can then calculate the chance of triggering the legendary effect:

If the chance of getting a crit is 20% or 0.20, then the chance of it not happening is the opposite, 80% or 0.80. Since getting one crit has no bearing on getting another crit, we multiply these together as independent events:
    0.80^5 = 0.32768 or 32.768% chance that none of the five hits crit. Subtract that number from 1 to find the complement:
    1- 0.3278 = 0.67232

Therefore, the probability of at least one of the five hits being a crit is 67.232%.

We can take this further to find the chances of more events happening, but I'll spare you the math. In short the chances of
    • At least one of five critting is 67.232%
    • At least two of five critting is 26.272%
    • At least three of five critting is 5.792%
    • At least four of five critting is 0.6719%
    • Of all five of five critting is 0.032%

Outside of Battle Cry of course. There's also another dynamic in the fact that Rampage can cleave, and each cleaved hit has an independent chance to crit, but the overall concept stays the same. This works the same way as Pulse of Battle, and is also why Massacre actually has a very good chance of proccing, despite our low base chance to crit - Execute can crit independently with either hand, and only one of the two needs to, every 3rd GCD, which means you effectively have 6 chances to get at least one crit in order to keep Enrage going.

Deleted
    At least one of five critting is 67.232%
    so it's a bit worse than helmet while using rampage and helmet become even better with bt crits.
    I had better enrage uptime and overall DPS on the PTR while using 2 p T19 and 4 T20 with crafted belt leg and prydaz (didn't try massacre ring) than using 4 t20 and helm + pants .
    What are your thoughts on 2t19 + 2t20 ? In single target only OFC

They nerfed the new lego to only generate rage off of primary target crits. I thought that was always the case but I never tested.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They nerfed the new lego to only generate rage off of primary target crits. I thought that was always the case but I never tested.
    Yea I'm kind of curious if the change was actually a nerf or just a tooltip change for clarity.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Yea I'm kind of curious if the change was actually a nerf or just a tooltip change for clarity.
    No it's a nerf.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was it a nerf? I always thought the original intentions of the legendary was to just give you rage off of your primary target, having it be per target seemed pretty OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Was it a nerf? I always thought the original intentions of the legendary was to just give you rage off of your primary target, having it be per target seemed pretty OP.
    Whether or not it was their intent isn't something that anyone here could answer, but it is a nerf from the previous PTR build. A significant one, as it leaves the Pants functionally equivalent to the Helm. I wrote a feedback post on it.

I thought it was intentional because Fury aoe rage generation and enrage is terrible. because you don't use RB and FS.

I think they had to remove rage generation from secondary targets because of BC. The rage generation was ridiculous during BC. But outside of BC it was only helpfull.