Deleted

Warcraft Tales - WoW - Revoiced, Redesigned, Reimagined

Hey,

I haven't seen a thread about this yet, which is shame but BellularGaming and his Team are creating something awesome for the game.
    This is from the Patreon Page:

"Warcraft Tales is an episodic World of Warcraft project that brings the original zones into the modern era! With a rewritten script, voice acting and a host of new narrative tools, we want to create a new way to enjoy World of Warcraft."

"...That is where Warcraft Tales comes in. We’re taking the old world and making it feel new. We have developed a host of new narrative tools and a UI that is inspired by the new Talking Head Frame that was added in Legion, so that you get a polished, Blizz-like experience.

We’re then rewriting the script, voicing the characters, and moving as much of the story out into the gameplay. Why have a NPC explain the story when you can experience it as you play through the content? "

I think this just amazing. I always wanted the old zones to feel more like the modern Legion Zones. This seems to be an amazing way and reason to play WoW again. I feel like this can be the ultimate WoW immersion. The first Episode will come out on April 6th. I for one will resubmit for this.
    Last edited by mmoc0f4b7c4548; 2017-03-29 at 12:25 PM.

Deleted
    I agree with you, this really is amazing. I'm very excited for it! Though, I do feel like it will take quiet some time to finish most zones and the project is also dependant on donations, I hope people can donate now and then for this awesome add-on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    I agree with you, this really is amazing. I'm very excited for it! Though, I do feel like it will take quiet some time to finish most zones and the project is also dependant on donations, I hope people can donate now and then for this awesome add-on.
    Yeah this is very true. I subbed for 2 Dollars on Patron and will see how good it will hold up. I will then donate more because I think this is one of the greatest community efforts in the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAssBoy View Post
    Unfortunately this looks like it wont happen anymore
    https://twitter.com/BellularGaming/s...09049459396608
    Well that fucking sucks.

I can't imagine how he feels right now. He's been hyped about this thing for such a long time, finally got to announce it and a little while after it got shut down.

It looked really damn good too. Was willing to donate for something that massive and promising.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was extremely excited until I saw that Twitter post.

God fucking damn it, Blizzard....
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

It was an awesome idea. It does dig right into the heart of WoW content (storylines and lore) though. I don't blame them for defending their IP. However, I do hope things can be worked out between the two parties. This could be a case of the legal department zipping out a cease and desist and the creative side hasn't even put any input in on the matter.

EDIT: Now that I've thought about it a bit more, they might have shut it down because they were using "Warcraft".
    Last edited by Camthur; 2017-03-29 at 07:30 AM.

That's... sad... I thought it could happen but even now I want to believe that they will come up with a solution so that everyone is happy. Blizzard, either let him do it, or you take on his project. I'd be happy either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL that didn't last long. Too bad too, this is an excellent idea.

Oh well.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

The particular issue is that it was ok until they charged for the premium version (after 3 months freebies).

Of course Bellular had to charge for it, but that is the issue that cuts past the legal boundaries for Blizzard.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

How many times does this particular thread need created and locked?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    How many times does this particular thread need created and locked?
    Well, different content this time around ... now that it has been cancelled it really can't be advertising any more

Wasn't sure how it was in the first place... maybe the thread title can be 'WoW thingy cancelled'...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well, different content this time around ... now that it has been cancelled it really can't be advertising any more

Wasn't sure how it was in the first place... maybe the thread title can be 'WoW thingy cancelled'...
    I created this thread before it got cancelled though. So, I chose the title beforehand. I dunno. I am kind of bummed to see this decision by Blizzard. I think it would have been a great thing for a alot of people and I can't see how it could have done any harm to the game. I think a lot of people (myself included) would have had a blast playing WoW again.

Bit fishy to advertise a Patreon for something that's no longer in development, and so close to the monthly payout date.

:^)

These were getting closed due to the advertising going on which isn't allowed here. And to then link Patreon in the same post is pretty pathetic.

Deleted
    Boom! Headshot!

Quote Originally Posted by Velios View Post
    Bit fishy to advertise a Patreon for something that's no longer in development, and so close to the monthly payout date.

:^)
    The creator has said the patreon has been paused and no one will be charged, there will be a video on it layer today I believe.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame it's been shut down -I was kind of interested in it. Bellular comes over as being a decent guy. Hope they can get it sorted.

Deleted
    It would improve WoW a lot and I don't think it should be a fan-project. Blizzard should do it themselves (and hopefully hire belluar for this project and fund the team)