Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    The one thing that I don't seem to like is that my level 20 Li Li is going to be the same as my level 20 Azmodan. I have 900 games on Li Li and like 300 on Azmo...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Added skins, videos and timeline for even more content details.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Added skins, videos and timeline for even more content details.
    You mods in this forum do such an awesome job - you could run a complete site I guess. Thank you for your time and work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    You mods in this forum do such an awesome job - you could run a complete site I guess. Thank you for your time and work.
    Very appreciated

It's easier to do with something you love!

- - - Updated - - -

New Battleground and Hero potentially leaked: http://i.imgur.com/4pnZsEI.jpg
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Overall lots of new content, quite a bit of streamlining, lots of gambling and some stuff of rather limited quality like sprays and emojis. With the exception of Master skins turning from a progression and bragging item to a random lottery award, most of the changes look good or at least decent.

What's strange, is that there is indeed a small incentive to postpone levelling heroes to take part under the new progression systems as there will be additional rewards - unless you have heroes really close to level 9 or level 15, where it makes sense to reach those milestones now.

What I'm still missing, is an exact formula how account level will change under the new system. I'm currently somewhere between 450 and 500 combined hero levels with only one hero above level 10 and have no clue if this translates to a level 550 account under progression 2.0 or rather close to 700; and how many rewards I'm going to 'miss out' on b/c of this.

I haven't played HotS in a long time. Last I recall, the game had similar problems with matchmaking as overwatch has. As in games are stomps or you are stomped.

I don't notice any changes to matchmaking. Has it already changed? Is it still the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Love the GOD KING SKOOOOOUUUUVALD skin for Leoric.
    We need Odyn either as a hero or as a skin so that he can duke it out with Skovald!

I was looking at this thread this morning (at least I think it was this one) and there was mention about future plans for Map Editor. I can't seem to find it since the OP was updated. Was there any source or info into this? I only glanced at the info and didn't read the full transcript.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

damn dat Prime Evil fem!Diablo skin

Deleted
    Game is fine as it is, why change the system to a fucking iphone game with different "currencies" and everything randomized à la OW? Seriously fuck this shit, I'm pissed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything was beyond awesome, I can't wait for all these changes.
    Honestly leveling heroes was pointless and too slow after 10, now it will be more rewarding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Very appreciated

It's easier to do with something you love!

- - - Updated - - -

New Battleground and Hero potentially leaked: http://i.imgur.com/4pnZsEI.jpg
    Ah! I called Genji!
    Hype confirmed I hope it's true

10+ Year Old Account
    so i have a question. from what i have read it appears that loot boxes are going to be replacing the cash shop. so if that's the case then where exactly is the revenue stream coming from? the loot boxes? i don't see how that is going to support the game long term if that is the case. since it's a f2p game and there is only one way to buy stuff.

most f2p games have SOME form of cash shop. to remove it seems to be incredibly dumb finance wise. i am also one of those people who likes to spend money in shops on items that AREN'T RANDOM as it is MY money and therefore i decide what i buy. having rng determine what i get is not how i like to spend my money with the sole former exception being hearthstone until it got all power creepy. i earned that money and i get to decide what it is spent on not a machine. a lot of the games that have loot boxes (e.g. overwatch, the division,etc) are buy to play in that you pay for the game and any subsequent expansions or dlc which is a good revenue stream for them. also what if a hero comes out and i want to buy it right now? i didn't see anything that would indicate that is possible with loot boxes.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2017-03-30 at 12:45 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    One of the best thing I have found is that some skins actually have more than three skin variants. Like Shadowpan Li Li now has 4 instead of three, maybe the best thing out of this.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    How could I be what's wrong with the game when I haven't played it in months? lol

The skill ceiling is extremely, extremely low on a mechanical/individual standpoint. I'm not talking about grouped (as in premade teams) competitive play.

I never said there was a flat skill curve. I'm just saying the skill ceiling is extremely limiting as an individual. Btw, during open beta I was rank 1.
    I'm so far removed from that point it's probably not even worth noting.

I understand it's sort of a scumbag thing to do but I just don't care. I'm not going to force myself to endure 15~ minutes of shit game if I don't have to (and I don't, thankfully.) and seeing as I've never been punished once for leaving obviously Blizzard doesn't seem to think it's a problem.
    Also, "just learn to play the game." I'll leave my comment on that as: lol
    Everyone was rank 1 during open beta. I've been top tier rank in other moba's and in hots alike. The top grandmasters will outplay you 1v1, all day, every day. It'd feel like they're playing a completely different game to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Having to use IRL$$$ for a currency sucks, as does only having a limit of 70 crates that veteran players can get upon the launch (hopefully this one changes).
    I think it is safe to say that this limit will not hit live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If people need old items to feel unique and special then they have a problem. Playing a video game in a MMO isn't about looking and feeling special.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so i have a question. from what i have read it appears that loot boxes are going to be replacing the cash shop. so if that's the case then where exactly is the revenue stream coming from? the loot boxes? i don't see how that is going to support the game long term if that is the case. since it's a f2p game and there is only one way to buy stuff.
    No, you can buy gems. You can then use gems to buy specific mounts/skins/heroes like you could on live. So if you really want that Femdiablo skin, or your dick is growing for that new Star Queen Li Ming or whatever, you can buy the gems, then use them to unlock the skin, just as if you were buying the skin on the cash shop currently, rather than getting loot boxes and hoping you'll get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyssian View Post
    I'm not going to argue whether the game is 'dead", because I simply don't know, but this statement doesn't feel right.

1. The issues you listed (DCs, matchmaking) don't sound like something that the UI designers, artists and other devs who created this "meaningless shit", as you put it, would be able to help with anyway. So... I don't really see how an artist making a couple of sprays instead of working on networking issues he most likely knows nothing about is "wasting resources".

2. I would not agree that this is meaningless. If you look how crazy people can get about their cosmetics in other games... Well, this might actually make a lot of people very happy and get them excited to play the game.
    Lol yea someone who says free cosmetics you can earn by just having fun, is "meaningless shit" has obviously not played with any gamers ever

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    I really don't like the gem system. I liked being able to pay exactly the amount I wanted for a hero or cosmetic. I hate having an excess of real money items because it's a waste.

Gifting is something that should have been in the game a long time ago.

Other than those things, this looks to be a fantastic update.
    Im pretty sure blizz is making several 10s of billions off their various ips every year. Not sure where this concept of "not many players" is coming from. Maybe their improved matchmaking?
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

I might actually play Diablo with the new skn

Anyone else feel like all the menus are incredibly cluttered and messy?

"Overwatch makes so much more money than HOTS, let's copy the shit out of that"