Is it worth powering the Affliction artifact a bit for M+ farming at first?

Right now at least, Affliction seems to be convincingly the strongest M+ Warlock spec, and potentially one of the top 5 M+ specs in the game. +14 to +16 key damage rankings for Warlocks are almost purely filled by Aff locks and it makes sense why, as Seed of Corruption is an incredibly powerful AoE skill. Couple it with Soul Flame and Aff is very potent.

With increases to AK coming in, I figure that getting to the new 41 (99,000,000 total AP invested) wouldn't take all that long. 41 is the point at which we get Sinister Seeds (Seed of Corruption requires 40% less damage to explode), and we could even go to 42 for an additional 5% Seed of Corruption explosion damage.

For someone who wants to farm a lot of M+ content as early as possible, is this a reasonably well thought out plan? Destruction and Demonology just seem fairly weak in M+ at the moment.

Yes, and I wish it wasn't the case. Afflction being so strong in Mythics is what keeps me from playing the other specs. Affliction is going to trash Kara. If Soul Flame didn't exist I think Destro might be more competitive in Mythics.

Sinister Seeds does absolutely nothing, it's zero dps gain and its usefulness is pretty much the same.
    The trait in its whole is an insult.
    It was okayish when it was at 50%, because it made seeds instant explode with reap up.