Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    So you'd prefer to be 100% finished with 7.2 today, and have nothing new to do for months?
    I'm already mostly done with 7.2 beyond Rep grinding. When the rest of this 'content' comes out I'll probably be done with it in half an hour and then have nothing to do until they release the next batch.

So you alle cleared Mythic NH i suppose?
    Even the release of ToS in two months could be way to soon for the average progress oriented mythic raider. We are at 5/10 at the moment and it would be an absolute fail if ToS would be released anytime soon.
    Blizzard does great so far in this expansion. Grow up little whiners.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    But i cant for the love of god understand someone that subs/unsubs for a few days of real content. There are better games for such kind of gaming by far. Wow is made for the long-term relationship, you cant sub for a week, you sub for at least a month.
    As I said, I was hoping to jump into the Legion invasions from the get go. but no, I wouldn't be subbing specifically (and only) for them. I just would have started my sub a week later and continued from there.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Calling it now ToS will come out either June 14th or 21st
    Judging from this;

Strong chance they'll want to put something out the same time the expansion hits, i'm expecting the 14th just prior to the release
    That's also after 11weeks from patch day, which we're supposedly getting an 11week quest chain that will lead up to breaching the tomb.

Although I wouldn't be surprised to see 7.2.5 release 14/06/17 with Tomb the following week of 21/06/17
    The is probably correct. Blizzard have said that the 7.2 class campaign is 11 weeks long. Assuming April 11th is week 1 by that metric, week 11 would start June 20th. That sure is one heck of a coincidence, huh? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Guess what? They don't get to claim that is part of 7.2 then.
    Well, hell, I guess they can't claim the current patch is a part of the Legion expansion at all since it wasn't available from day one.

Gated content sucks, I'd like to do the questline in my own pace not being forced to wait for 11! weeks.

Sadly that's also the minimum time we have to wait for the raid, omfg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I'm already mostly done with 7.2 beyond Rep grinding. When the rest of this 'content' comes out I'll probably be done with it in half an hour and then have nothing to do until they release the next batch.
    Since you can neither have even started anything on the Broken Shore beyond the initial landing quests and done some rep grinding/shard grinding - or - at most done the new dungeon a few times, no, you are not "mostly done".

Unless you mean it bores you, in which case why are you complaining? Go play something else.

The content is set on a time release. It does a few things;

- Keeps people from burning through the content on day one then bitching about how there is no content.
    - Makes the game world feel more alive by having a storyline unfold over the course of several weeks rather than everything in a day.

Now, if long form storytelling isn't your thing? That can't be helped. Instant gratification is a pita because once you get it, it's gone. No work-up, no real sense of reward because you put no effort of time into it.

Again, for people like this, there are many options out there; yoga, various brain stimulation games that work on your concentration, perhaps some muscle relaxants to relieve some of the stress that you get in the spot between your neck and your shoulders when the game is not going well (You know what I mean!).

I hope that these ideas may help you and many others who are like you and can only rush and see negativity in a game they clearly love, but have developed a pseudo desire to decry it.

For Me? I am happy to play the game and enjoy it for what it actually is; a game that has updated fairly consistently over it's history and provided me with more than enough entertainment for the token fee it requires.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Guess what? They don't get to claim that is part of 7.2 then.
    Yes they do, because that's exactly what it is, it is releasing during the course of patch 7.2, therefore, it is 7.2 content.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Since you can neither have even started anything on the Broken Shore beyond the initial landing quests and done some rep grinding/shard grinding - or - at most done the new dungeon a few times, no, you are not "mostly done".

Unless you mean it bores you, in which case why are you complaining? Go play something else.

The content is set on a time release. It does a few things;

- Keeps people from burning through the content on day one then bitching about how there is no content.
    - Makes the game world feel more alive by having a storyline unfold over the course of several weeks rather than everything in a day.

Now, if long form storytelling isn't your thing? That can't be helped. Instant gratification is a pita because once you get it, it's gone. No work-up, no real sense of reward because you put no effort of time into it.

Again, for people like this, there are many options out there; yoga, various brain stimulation games that work on your concentration, perhaps some muscle relaxants to relieve some of the stress that you get in the spot between your neck and your shoulders when the game is not going well (You know what I mean!).

I hope that these ideas may help you and many others who are like you and can only rush and see negativity in a game they clearly love, but have developed a pseudo desire to decry it.

For Me? I am happy to play the game and enjoy it for what it actually is; a game that has updated fairly consistently over it's history and provided me with more than enough entertainment for the token fee it requires.
    If they're going to get something then gate it behind player dedication and make it so that such dedication. Not purposely time locking it.

As it is there's nothing for me to do on the broken shore right now. World quests take 15 minutes and I've done all the questlines and the dungeon.

If they reward players with new story content every 1500 Rep or something and make said Rep gainable at anytime without having to wait for world quest respawns then things would be much better paced to prevent burnout without leaving people as bored.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-03-30 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
    Is that the only two options? Month of gating or a couple days worth of shit to do? How about they just add some extra shit to do? They just tuned a brand new raid, maybe add that to the fucking mix. It would have been smooth it they didn't gate nighthold for so long. Gating gone wrong.
    For the average warcraft forum asshole, fuck yes it's the only set of options. You're going to either wait out the content at a gated pace and bitch quietly, or blow through the shit in a day because you have no fucking self control and then bitch loudly, but also while shitting yourself. Blizzard is simply selecting the lesser of two enormous fucking annoyances. If you just keep spam-adding shit just to add shit, it's going to be even lower quality and nobody is going to want to do it.

After nearly a decade and a half I'd be pretty sick of people bitching because they don't understand "You don't have to do everything in a week" and are constantly ahead of the bulk of the playerbase, I'd just be gating it off too. The people complaining here are obviously not quitting anytime soon, why pander to them?

Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    I honestly don't see how you can go from Timeless Isle (mostly entirely open at launch) to Tanaan Jungle (a fair bit to do despite small portions unlocking over time) to Broken Shore (locking almost everything behind timers). Putting rares and treasures and events, something we've come to expect from a patch zone, behind a time wall doesn't even seem like a good idea on paper.
    All of the side-quests and extra "stuff to do" budget was spent on Mythic, clearly. They expect you to be farming mythic, waiting for this new stuff to unlock.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    pacing content releases helps with clear direction and player focus.
    This is the part where the problem lies. The current team is entirely too focused on managing every aspect and step the player takes in the game. They're micromanaging the player experience, and it's not surprising people are rebelling against it. It's hilarious Ion used the word "organic" to describe how players were supposed to discover mob ilevel scaling, and then drops a patch that is so inorganic it's hilarious. They're so terrified of the player seeing a single part of the narrative out of order, or not seeing it, they're putting the entire patch content on rails - and anything on rails in an open world context sucks.

I don't recall the issues they're addressing here being a problem with the game. There was a failure of narrative in TBC, which Metzen admitted was their fault, but since then, there has been no overwhelming, blatant outcry for the need for devs micromanaging player focus, at all. It's stifling, is what it is, and if they keep going down this road, they'll lose a steady stream of players. (More than they are already)

I think it's time for team 3, for Wow. Team 2 is too anal retentive and stubbornly so. They're suffocating the player in restrictions, and trying to dictate too much of the player experience. (That there's a lawyer in charge of development is not shocking, looking at this...)

Only 1 zone and 1 dungeon is a major patch? 7.1 had more content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunkey View Post
    So you alle cleared Mythic NH i suppose? Blizzard does great so far in this expansion. Grow up little whiners.
    This is a invalid argument. Mythic raiding is only consumed by the vast, VAST minority of the player base. For 95+% of the player-base mythic raiding is NOT content. It is not something they do or ever would be able to do in current content. There has to be enough content for the 95+%.
    Last edited by mmoc1ca4e98b3e; 2017-03-31 at 09:01 PM.

Even if im not a frost mage, my account details say "Frozen'
    Ha ha ha
    Playing right now Battlefield 1, Mass Effect Andromeda and some other AAA titles, i couldnt care less of your stupid world of warcraft......
    Let the game die already lmaooooooooo

This thread existing means Blizz is doing it wrong,