Thread: BM or MM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchain View Post
    You seems like a really mad guy. Its not good for your health.. and i dont care what you belief. I know what the truth is and according top logs for BM hunters they "almost" all of them got shoulders. So just stop yourself
    Yet you say Almost ... seems like your err "truth" is flawed...

Both of you quoted "top" logs (as if vague statements like that matter) and you just changed it to seem like your correct..

still stands you don't "need" the shoulders to be competitive lol
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by Tanis-Hellscream View Post
    I understand they give you a nice boost to dps and one more click every few seconds, but let's face it, they don't really change the spec that much. They just add another charge to manage to the same basic rotation, which adds a bit to tactics, but really doesn't change that much.
    They change quite a bit though.

Getting a charge on a system like this does a lot. The biggest factor is that you almost never waste dire beasts or wild call proc.
    First of all, having a charge mechanic means that if you are unable to use Dire Beast the millisecond it is available you won't directly lose Dire Beast uptime. The time you overshoot on your cooldown is simply feeding into the cooldown of next charge. This can easily add up to a couple of Dire Beast uses over a 6 minute fight.
    The second part is that Wild Call procs are always 100% beneficial, assuming you play correctly. Without the shoulders you only get a "minor CD reduction" whenever it procs. If your DB cooldown is 1 second from completing, a Wild Call proc just saved you 1 second. With the shoulders, you always get the full benefit of an extra charge.

Both of the above also feed into Bestial Wrath since that's linked into dire beast. And furthermore you significantly increase the potency of a secondary stat that is otherwise rather useless (crit); it's not huge, but its an added benefit.
    All in all those shoulders lead to a LOT of extra DB applications, and the big bonus is that it makes the spec feel smoother overal.

I would be severely disappointed if blizzard didn't make the charge system baseline for BM in the next expansion (assuming they don't totally overhaul it again, which they might).