Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I loved pvp in vanilla and then I loved Arena 2vs2 even more in BC. Then everything went to shit in WLK and it never got better.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

7+ Year Old Account
    The first time I had fun in PVP was as a noob warlock, somewhere about 2007 out in the barrens trying to get my warlock his imp or succy or whatever as an alliance player, like level 17 or something. I had fun going at it with another guy prob in the same cruddy gear and no skill too.

Later I discovered the fun Silithisus was and later hours and days of AV. It was cool. (completely different on all levels from today's pvp./Game) Later I did a bit in TBC, the world zone stuff. Controlling towers for a zone buff was fun.

Wrath gave us my all time favorite, Wintergrasp, Yes, the placement of the zone was crap, but the rewards for holding it, and then farming it for titansteel and herbs while pvping randomlly was fun.

But all along the way one thing sucked for me. "Class Changes" across the board because of F-ing PVP. I HATE THAT.

Legion half has it right, with it's second *convoluted* PVP tree. But, Blizz yet again dropped the ball, the interactive zones kinda blow, especially when any tard with a groupfinder addon ( myself included!) can group and ROFLMAO stomp opponents 10 to 1..... that and the stupid pillar in Black Rook needs to go, plenty of hiding places for your protected class... the druids blizz. they don't need a pillar to run around too!

Little stuff. which is really big stuff. I don't they test it beyond their own inside nerds one bit.
    Last edited by Dsc; 2017-09-25 at 07:27 AM.

Eh, I used to PvP, but ever seen the expansion changes and Blizzard getting rid of like half of the abilities I once had, it just doesn't seem fun anymore.

Also, call me old fashioned, but I like people to actually die in my PvP, whatever it is. WoW pvp has a rather unique thing going, mainly in certain BGs, where healers mass on both sides and it's basically like hitting moving target dummies the entire time.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want pvp. You probably want to do it in a modern game with fair and balanced gameplay.

No story means I'm not very interested in it.

No history means I'm not very good at it.

No skill means I get killed before I can practice or improve.

No balance means that barely matters.

No rewards I want or could reasonably obtain has traditionally mean there wasn't any point.

Because:

1)Its boring.

2)Its objective PvP while most players want to do brainless zerging.

3)People are horrible at the game against semi-retarded AI with threat, imagine how bad they are at PvP with someone that doesnt completely suck at the game, oh the good old fun of kiting terrible players with Hunter alt.

4)I grew up and cant stand wasting my time because of 3.

5)Its unbalanced because Blizzard refuses to put some sort of cap, like "At least 2 healers on either side", its why i stopped years ago, got bored of fighting 10 DPS v 7 DPS and 3 Healers, you will lose eventually no matter how hard you focus them cause the other 9 in your team dont really share your point of view because of 3 , or the basic brain function to focus the healers first.

In other words, people cant do the type of Objective PvP WoW has, and for my sanity, i avoid it, especially now that there is 0 reward.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-09-25 at 10:32 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Because I'm bad at it without wanting to spend time on learning it, and I get mad when I lose.

Deleted
    For me: because it never progressed my character. The only time I did pvp was those few times when it was useful to get pvp gear to raid/do dungeons with.
    I never understood why you would want to pvp in a game like WoW anyway, there are plenty of actual pvp games out there that are better balanced and have better pvp systems.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't speak for the majority of the WoW population, but I hate PVP, It's so boring, I tried it out ones and it was like those 20 minutes turned into 4 hours. Also the story behind it makes zero sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Because I suck at it. I don’t wanna get killed all the time.
    My reason 2 so you are not alone my friend /hug

Deleted
    It's not because player level, or because It is difficult to do. It's just that this game is a pve focused game with pvp features. I mean, when you play Overwatch or LoL you certainly know you are entering an arena, a closed map where your objective is purely PvP. Meanwhile, people who enter wow, usually do tons of different things, and only a percentage of those do PvP. It's not that few people do PvP, just that there are like other 209831298312301238 things to do.

Deleted
    When you do pve, you actually win. In pvp, you lose almost as often as you win. You kill some, then get killed, its more stressful than pve, there s often more toxicity than in a pve environment, etc.. Many people don't enjoy that, others do. Same as raiding, many players enjoy it, i actually would fall asleep when raiding for the legendary quest line..

Wow pvp is a tiny thing. Why on earth would I play pvp in wow, when I can play another game to satisfy my hunger for competition?

Deleted
    I do not enjoy PvP in WoW as much as I have done in other MMORPGs. I believe that arena-based pvp is not fitting in a MMORPG, even though I can understand the reason for it. WoW-PvP is focused too much on crowdcontrol. Personally I think PvP in a mmorpg is at its best when its tied to the world and the environment.
    Like for example controlling cities and regions for rewards of powerful meaning. If you ignore gameplay issues and server population problems and just look for pure awesome,
    I would love to be able to conquer faction hubs. Just imagine how cool it would be for the alliance to reclaim Lordaeron in a player based PvP event or for the Horde to raze Stormwind. (It will never happen but this is the type of PvP I would be interested in)
    Last edited by mmoca9d23f3088; 2017-09-25 at 02:23 PM.

Why would you play pvp in WoW -or any hotbar mmo for that matter- when you can load up any game like titanfall 2, Tekken 7, or pubg and have a vastly better experience that is designed from the ground up for player vs player challenge whereas in mmorpgs its a side niche never given enough attention and development focus?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have been catching the transmog bug of late so this weekend i decided to "farm" some Marks of honor/Echos of Battle from random BGs and Ashran. This is the first PVP i have done since beta. And i cannot believe how stale and tedious it was. I spent maybe 5 hours on Saturday PVPing and despite winning two Trashrans and 4-5 BGs i have absolutely fuck all to show for it other than a bad time, some honor levels i dont care about, and exactly zero Marks of Honor or pvp pieces that i could oblit for Echos. This is quite literally the least productive activity in the game.

Oh but hey, i did get some of that utterly useless ivl 700 gear from the Ashran boxes, so i made a couple hundred gold. In 5 hours. Yay...

I will admit though that the Ashran fights, while pretty boring, were infinitely preferable to the BGs. At least there there is some semblance of tactics in play.