Thread: Maximillian?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Uh, that's weird, why the most logical way would be called a "bug"? I've got him, did stuff in order 1) unlock nerus and finish the chapter by handing quest to maiev 2) go to ungoro do all the maximillian quests 3) came back to order hall and when I went out to dalaran I had a letter waiting.

Great, so now they added more timegating and people have to wait a week for him?
    From how he/she described, it was meant to be timegated for everyone. I assume if they did the quests 2 weeks in advance, they'd be good to go. Whether or not there's an official comment from Blizz as to the timegate, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysth View Post
    From how he/she described, it was meant to be timegated for everyone. I assume if they did the quests 2 weeks in advance, they'd be good to go. Whether or not there's an official comment from Blizz as to the timegate, I don't know.
    Yeah I don't blame him, just the GM who answered him is either inept and clueless (wouldn't be a surprise) or he's actually right and Blizz put a timegate and people who got it without timegate unknowingly exploited a bug, but in that case, it's stupid, why would they timegate this (but again, nothing surprises me anymore, Legion is world of content trickle-craft).

Yeah, I can understand timegating in certain instances (let's be real, people go WAY too apeshit over content). But timegating this champion is just silly. I'm leaning to this being a bug that some people circumvented without their knowing.

7+ Year Old Account
    The 7-day-timegate is based on a 'A GM told me' comment on WoWhead, which my friend referred me to. As it turns out, it did NOT work for me. I submitted my own support ticket regarding Maxmillian at 9pm last wednesday and I didn't get any letter at all last night, when the 7-day thing should have kicked in.

(My own blue response only said they were looking into the issue.)

This must be an issue. I got mine letter tue night, out of the blue, in the middle of the raid. Some of my buddy guildies after submiting tickets got the Max's mail from GMs.

Following, mine case was a bit ...different... ....more in line with Max's personality.

That crazy paladin's arse spammed my inbox, got 27 messages from him to meet him in one minute. He was obviously really impressed how we helped him on his glorious quest, or his mailing system just got infected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

The message I got from a gm:
    Hello xxx,

I am Game Master Cromminidus.

I doublechecked your problem for you and I hope my answer will help you out or at least clarify the situation for you.

Getting another follower to join your cause would be awesome, I see you also have Meatball so you are good in Brawls, nice!

Checking your reputation and quest progress shows no reason why the letter is not delivered to you when you enter your Order Hall. I tried to manually trigger the mail but to no avail.

In this case I would highly suggest to make a bug report to our developers (ESC -> Help) Only then the developers will realize that something is not quite right and can try to fix it. The more reports come in the higher the priority of such bugs.

So while you may have to wait a while before the mighty Maximilian joins you, you still have other followers which you can use for your mission and I'm positive that getting Max is just a matter of time.

Best wishes and take care! Hope you have a lot of fun and success! I wish you a lovely day!

*wave*

So what quest chain do we have to do in Un'goro? I'd like to start this on my paladin and *hopefully* get the mailbox. What buffs/counters does he bring as a champion?

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    So what quest chain do we have to do in Un'goro? I'd like to start this on my paladin and *hopefully* get the mailbox. What buffs/counters does he bring as a champion?
    http://www.wowhead.com/champion=1001...-of-northshire

There's a small, entertaining quest chain featuring him in Un'Goro, starting with http://www.wowhead.com/quest=24703/an-important-lesson

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    The quest takes 5 mins because even the last vehicle quest seems to be subject to stat squish scaling so it dies really fast. If you don't like to wowhead it, just enable low level quest tracking and fly around golakka hot springs west side of ungoro, you should be able to spot him.

As a follower Maximillian is protection with rebuke (same like Lothraxion) with a perk +20% mission success chance when accompanied by other paladin champions (so basically anyone except Moroes / Meatball), he can also serve as a combat ally in a similar manner as the rest of 7.2 champions, didn't test it myself because his mission bonus is so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    The quest takes 5 mins because even the last vehicle quest seems to be subject to stat squish scaling so it dies really fast. If you don't like to wowhead it, just enable low level quest tracking and fly around golakka hot springs west side of ungoro, you should be able to spot him.

As a follower Maximillian is protection with rebuke (same like Lothraxion) with a perk +20% mission success chance when accompanied by other paladin champions (so basically anyone except Moroes / Meatball), he can also serve as a combat ally in a similar manner as the rest of 7.2 champions, didn't test it myself because his mission bonus is so good.
    Thanks, he def seems worth picking up.

Here's what I got in response to a ticket about not getting the mail:

Hello Jaylight,

I'm Game Master Apheril. I hope your well today! I have read over your ticket and it's my understanding that you are trying to acquire the follower Maximillian of Northshire (from here on referred to as Max) and have completed the criteria but are not receiving the in game mail so that you can complete this chain and receive the follower. I totally understand your confusion here Jaylight, I experienced a similar issue on my own Paladin and have seen some tickets on this as well.

I did some digging, checked the logs for your character and spoke with some people that work with our developers and here is what I found out. There is actually some gating involved. Gating is where the developers will place not only specific criteria that have to be met but also some time requirements. In this particular case, as a paladin you are able to collect Nerus Moonfang and Max as followers however not within the same week! When you gained Nerus as a follower this past weekend, there was a special tracking quest that was flagged that has a 1 week cooldown. (http://www.wowhead.com/quest=46767/m...-week-cooldown).

Now although you have completed the additional criteria for Max, the mail itself will only show up once that special cooldown quest has cleared. Which should be for you around Saturday evening on 4/22. So you should be able to relog and enter the class order hall and see the mail then to complete this quest by this weekend.

This is not considered broken or bugged and I'm not sure why other Game Masters would be resolving this for people, unless they didn't fully understand the mechanics. We certainly are unable to generate the mail, and there are no bug reports directing CS to assist with this quest. This is something I will get looked into from our end!

While I know this is not the immediate resolution you had been hoping for today. I can assure you that this is working as the developers have intended and that by Saturday evening you should receive this mail. If for any reason Sunday morning you still haven't received the mail when you enter the class order hall, contact us and we will be happy to have a look for you to see what happened. I hope that I was able to address your concerns here and provide a little insight on what was going on with this follower. Have a great day!

-Apheril

So guess my Max won't come till this weekend.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    Here's what I got in response to a ticket about not getting the mail:

So guess my Max won't come till this weekend.
    I guess mine is truly another bug then, since I've had Nerus for well beyond a week now and still haven't received my letter from Max. Makes also sense how my friend (who did Nerus right before heading off to Un'goro with me) got his letter right away > must be the bug that has been mentioned beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Leenaleena View Post
    I guess mine is truly another bug then, since I've had Nerus for well beyond a week now and still haven't received my letter from Max. Makes also sense how my friend (who did Nerus right before heading off to Un'goro with me) got his letter right away > must be the bug that has been mentioned beforehand.
    Me and a friend are both waiting as well. We both gained Nerus the first day he was available, and completed the Maximillian requirements soon after. There has to be some unresolved issue here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
    Me and a friend are both waiting as well. We both gained Nerus the first day he was available, and completed the Maximillian requirements soon after. There has to be some unresolved issue here.
    Thank god I'm not the only one. Update here if you have any news, please?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Logged in today and got excited as I had mail, turned out it was just my auctions /boo.

Another update from the a gm reply. It seems we're getting medical perscriptions from game masters now.

Thank you for getting back to us.

Unfortunately there is not much we can do with regards to providing the quest item as requested by the developers. Interfering with a quest that is not bugged my have more of a negative effect that what we would like to see with "Fixing" it.

There is a hidden cooldown mechanic behind the sending the mail, which is over a period of time. What I can confirm for you is that you will only reveive the mail while your character is in their Order Hall. My advise would be to stay in your order hall for about 5-10 minutes each day to allow the mail to spawn correctly.

I was more than happy to help you with this issue, it was a pleasure. Take care now and please, have a lovely day and may you continue to enjoy your adventures within Azeroth.

Deleted
    Ok since we aint got actual feedback ( I would again argue about the lack of professionalism shown but I got reprimanded by everyone in a different thread so aint taking it there again) anyone can give me some input about the following : I did the maximillian line in WoD just to get the shield for transmog purposes. do I need to repeat the quest again in this expansion ?

From what someone's email from a GM, you are supposed to wait a week from your acquisition of Nerus. However, this isn't consistent with how soon some people (myself included) got Max after obtaining Nerus. Others have gone back to his location in Un'Goro, and he apparently offers nothing new. So I can only assume that there is no need for you to do so as well.

Also, this would constitute lack of professionalism due to there seeming to be no real answer among GMs that is consistent with evidence others have experienced. Maybe we'll get an apology =p

Deleted
    Exact same issue.
    Done the quest chain got Nerus and waited 7 days.

Blizzard...
    this is Game Master Filyniel, and after picking up your ticket I was more than happy to take the time to look into this for you.

I can confirm that we have had reports of this and our developers are currently investigating the issue to see if they can locate any issues.

And even when there is no immediate solution I'd ask you to submit a bug report in World of Warcraft. To do so please open the game menu (Esc) and go to “Help”. There you will find a blue bug icon; you can submit your bug report directly to the developers from here.

One thing to note is that you’ll not actually receive a response if this bug is confirmed and addressed. So you’ll need to keep an eye on the patch notes on the website after a patch!

Thanks for your understanding!

(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚ Have a great day!

Game Master Filyniel <3
    Last edited by mmoc2047e13a1a; 2017-04-23 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leenaleena View Post
    Thank god I'm not the only one. Update here if you have any news, please?
    Still nothing. How about you.. ?