Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Calling it now, Blizzard will introduce a new profession in the expansion after legion.

My guess is it will be wood working or masonry because of how extensive they have been using "help build this building" in the last two expansions.

1) Do YOU think they will introduce a new profession?

2) What do you think could VIABLY make it as a profession?

im going to say at some point we are going to see maybe more professions, woodworking/woodcutting makes sense but they would have to add like a player housing style for the next "planet" we end up on but im also a old SWG player so this is some of that bleeding out of me.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    First they need to remove the RNG 3 star crap from mining/herbing/alchemy etc.

I would rather see the professions completely revamped. There is a fundamental problem with professions - each can give you a specific bonus(proc, stats,etc), but two of them will ALWAYS be the best due to sims, so people whine "oh I now need this profession to be competitive" etc, or you have completely blant professions like now.

I don't know about new professions but I really want that we could make armor dye, wigs (we need new hairstyles please!) and music instruments with current professions

If Blizz adds guild halls or player housing etc, carpentry or masonry could also be nice.
    We may see small ships with southern isles xpac so carpentry can be useful for that too.
    Foragers/Farmers could grow some sh.t and gather some raw materials for carpenters.

Deleted
    I'd rather they just added a 3rd profession slot rather than a new prof.

A new empty and useless thing for people to regret having, that takes ages to reach the cap (depending on profession of course) and questlines only to be able to make shitty armor that is outdated by world quests?
    Oh man I'd love another one of those, let me tell you.

I want Blizzard to actually start remembering that WoW is an MMORPG and not an Instance Simulator, and actually make crafting gear worth a damn first. Otherwise another profession will just be more blank space. Already some professions like inscription are really hard to justify anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I'd rather they just added a 3rd profession slot rather than a new prof.
    I'd rather they add a dual spec profession thingy, w/ cooldown of one week and more.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Current professions are neutered enough, we don't need even more.
    Blizzard seem unable to keep crafting professions relevant for more than 2 weeks at launch.
    Because of the equipped item limit.
    Without that there would be the potential of going all crafted, which blizzard quite rightly don't want to be a near equal alternative to being raid geared.
    And so they proceed to not have the gear be raid level.

The equipped limit allowed them to be much higher, as that limit capped their impact.
    And meant that the "legitimately" harder pieces made up most of your gear if you wanted to progress it.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-04-15 at 09:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Farmer! You can spend your time cultivating a personal plot of land to grow cro-- oh wait this was already a thing in pandaria.

Deleted
    When thinking about professions there are 2 groups those that craft gear and those that craft items. Gear being tailoring, leatherworking and blacksmithing. With the rest producing gems, flasks and utility items being mostly confined to engineering. For a new profession to break ground it would have to bring something to the table that is unique enough.

I've always thought that a Runesmith profession could be unique as rune magic is what the titans servants have used. It could produce temporary versions of how glyphs used to be creating a unique and lucrative market.

Example: Rune of Chaining: Increases the jump distance of your Chain Heal spell by 100%, but chain heal now has a 3 sec cooldown. Lasts for 60sec, cannot be cancelled.

Adding a negative trait to the Rune helps ensure that they are not mandatory for every fight.

Deleted
    Wish we had a profession for coloring our equipment. Some personal colors for our characters would nice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aenslaed View Post
    Wish we had a profession for coloring our equipment. Some personal colors for our characters would nice.
    THIS! I have been wanting this forever! We can do it in D3..... I had hoped they implemented this into Wow! Oh how nice would this be! I do remember one time they were going to let us 'dye' our gear but it never materialized .... not sure what happened or why Guess I can only keep my fingers crossed and hope this becomes real one day!

Deleted
    apparently the worlds oldest profession is coming to wow soon.

That would prolly be on par with Archaelogy

Somethat that is just cosmetic only and not really game breaking

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer eccles View Post
    apparently the worlds oldest profession is coming to wow soon.
    Clearly you have never been to Moonguard RP server!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bgdfahrq View Post
    That would prolly be on par with Archaelogy

Somethat that is just cosmetic only and not really game breaking

- - - Updated - - -

Clearly you have never been to Moonguard RP server!
    no, but i was on the argent dawn (eu) rp server

They haven't added a profession since WoTLK, probably because there's already enough problems with keeping the current professions relevant. For example, there's already enough trouble giving Inscription relevance, as well as having gathering professions not feel second rate. They tried and mostly failed to fix that in Legion, so I can't see any possibility of adding another profession.

If anything, I think they need to squish the current professions and get rid of a couple of them. They could probably merge Inscription/Alchemy, and Jewelcrafting/Engineering into one profession for example.

They should clearly fix the old ones before doing new ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    They haven't added a profession since WoTLK, probably because there's already enough problems with keeping the current professions relevant. For example, there's already enough trouble giving Inscription relevance, as well as having gathering professions not feel second rate. They tried and mostly failed to fix that in Legion, so I can't see any possibility of adding another profession.

If anything, I think they need to squish the current professions and get rid of a couple of them. They could probably merge Inscription/Alchemy, and Jewelcrafting/Engineering into one profession for example.
    Or maybe we could have hybrid recipes for those who want to do two separate crafting skills? Like players with both leatherworking and blacksmithing can make leather armor plating, an item that turns a piece of leather armor into a cosmetic item that counts as plate but retains the appearance of the old leather gear.

I think at this point they need to start merging redundant professions. Like Jewelcrafting and Blacksmithing. Or Jewelcrafting and Engineering. Or Jewelcrafting and Inscription. ... I really want them to fix Jewelcrafting, somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, the game is already saturated with tradeskills. I'd rather they fix the current useless tradeskills before making new ones.

My guess is they will be coming out with new races next expansion. Probably Naga for Alliance (as they are closest to NELFs) and maybe (midget)Ogres for Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    I think at this point they need to start merging redundant professions. Like Jewelcrafting and Blacksmithing. Or Jewelcrafting and Engineering. Or Jewelcrafting and Inscription. ... I really want them to fix Jewelcrafting, somehow.
    This makes sense.

I'd say Inscription with Alchemy since they both deal with herbs and science/knowledge.

JC with Enchanting since they both deal with magical shit.

LW with BS since they are already similar and Blacksmiths back in the day often times worked with leather (sheaths, straps for armor, ammo pouches, etc)

Can merge Archaeology with Engineering since they are also similar in nature.

Then they can make a new profession and merge that with tailoring. A new profession that uses cloth and/or leather.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama