I5-7600K vs I7-7700

I strictly just play WoW but I normally buy high end PC stuff. I haven't upgraded my system in quite a while (I am still using my 1st Gen I7-990x from 7 years ago and a GTX-780). I'm building a new machine (with GTX-1080 and 16g ram, etc) and just deciding whether it's better to go with the clocked I5-7600K vs the base I7-7700. I looked at 7700K also but at that point you need to buy a different heatsink and potentially upgrade your motherboard etc (this info may be wrong just what I've read on the internet). Just wondering if anyone else has decided between these 2 processors?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    With ANY K processor you need aftermarket cooling(they don't come with a heatsink). To OC the I5, just like the i7, you want a Z270 mobo.
    Is it worth spending the extra money for the 7700 vs the 7600K? I guess is what I mean to ask. Or how much more would i be spending going to the 7700K with the cooling+board vs the base 7700 and would it really be worth it for what I am using it for?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I'd go the 7600K route as you can squeeze more performance out of it and WoW doesn't need the extra threads the i7 would provide.
    Thank you for the info, Cheers.