[Holy] Help with logs please!

My wife desperately wanted to play holy pally at the start of legion but the guild we were in didn't want another holy pally so on and so forth. fast forward to today we are in a guild that is letting her raid as holy pally. She has never raid healed before and I have never healed as a pally before so i'm struggling with helping her. I'm hoping some of you kind people on here can help me find where she is lacking so I can point her in the right direction.

armory:
    wow/en/character/hyjal/Mèrcy/simple
    latest logs:
    /reports/ZJRPK6qxBVGnA7QF/

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by Karontu; 2017-04-01 at 02:31 PM.

more Flash of Light usage, less, much less light of the matyr (i can go into a much more detailed explanation, but the hpally discord and/or google can do that too)

use bestow faith more, pretty much use it on CD, place it on a tank and usually don't have to worry about it. Be a bit mindful that you don't overheal with it.

use Tyr's Deliverance more often, kinda keep it on CD

use Avenging Wrath more, don't be scared to use your CDs, means you heal more, use less mana which is awesome

I'm not a hpally main, but it is my 2nd toon so I keep up a bit with how/what to heal

Edit: Also, check out the paladin discord, lots and lots of good players to give advice. Check out wowhead.com for guides, too

Deleted
    Here are the links:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking.../22891484/11/#
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%A0r/advanced

Just made a quick check. The dps is quite low which results in long kill timers and therefore more mechanics to heal through. However, playing 4 healers on 15/16/17 persons is perhaps even one to many healers for your group.

A great start would be to use judgement more frequently - she's using the Judgment of Light talent and has Illterendi. She has 3 judement cast on Krosus, that's bad, really bad. She can theoretically get 26 casts out on Krosus. Try to get the habit to use it on CD. When she's comfortable with that she can start looking at timers/trying to maximize the usage of Illterendi.

She also used 58 Holy light and 5 Flash of light on Krosus.. Should be the other way around. Looking at all four kills - she used 21 Holy Light and 17 Flash of Light. Should really be the other way around. She also used Judgment 22 times - really low amount when she's using the Judgment of Light talent and has Illterendi (also with the long kill timers).

She should also work on using Tyr's Deliverance and Holy Avenger much more. She can squezee in at least 1-3 more on each fight.
    On Skorpyron she used Bestow Faith 7 times, she could have theoretically used it 38 times.

Light of Dawn usage is decent and so is the Holy shock usage - haven't look at targeting but at least she's using the spells.
    Stop using Light of the Martyr.

Another thing is to use a mana potion. Especially since every healer was struggling on Skorpyron. They're cheap, no reason not use them . Also she can use Arcance Torrent (the belf racial) to gain mana. Keep it on CD throughout the fight.

So if she wants to improve she should read up on the paladin guide on wowhead (which by the looks of it she hasn't) and head over to the paladin Discord and read the holy-faq there. You can also make an argument for using the talent Beacon of Faith on some fights in NH instead of Beacon of the Lightbringer. And she should gem/enchant for more crit.

EDIT: Is she assigned by the raidleader or healing officer to just spam Holy Light on the paladin tank?
    Last edited by mmoc1ec8e0a79f; 2017-04-03 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laggaiskogen View Post
    Also she can use Arcance Torrent (the belf racial) to gain mana. Keep it on CD throughout the fight.
    This is why I read these threads... I didn't know about the mana return mechanic of this spell... /blush.
    Midandorie --> Woodzy
    110 DH/Warr/Monk/Sham/Hunter/Lock neglected
    EU - Slightly Salted (6/8H) - Magtheridon

Deleted
    way too much direct tank healing