Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post
    Because the vast majority of guilds hitting a wall on fights aren't doing so because they're failing DPS checks. Most people that stonewalled at Krosus weren't doing it because they were hitting the enrage, they got stopped because people couldn't handle the mechanics. The hard DPS check on Krosus will stop you from killing the boss, but the interim DPS check for the adds is negligible.

This is the mentality that causes people to fail encounters left and right. Raw DPS numbers are only good if you're executing consistently. If you're pulling top numbers 50% of the time you'd be better off pulling 80% numbers 100% of the time
    As an 8/10 raider ty for stating basic knowledge I never knew ever before. But I'll try again why would I want a shitty demo warlock when I can get an affliction. He'll trash the demo in dps, boss will die faster and everything else will die faster

Moredps=boss dies faster= less chance to fuck uo, you're never going to see a serious guild recruiting the worst spec there is of a given class with other choices.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Demo lock is perfectly viable. We're at 5/10 Mythic, but are progressing slower and only raid two nights a week. If you know what your spec (and your player skill) is good at, you can contribute a lot to your guild's progression. That being said, you should be aware where you can shine as a Demo lock and where you suck donkey balls.
    E.g: Anomaly (just stand in the shit, since you're the most tanky caster) and Tichondrius (your damage skyrockets with Doom on all the targets that live long) are good examples where I outclass most of the casters.
    On the other side, heavy-movement fights, also fights with adds that need to die quickly (Krosus comes to mind) are not generally fitting Demo locks.

From a philosophical point of view, the Demo lock can be considered a "sustained ranged assassin", best suited for single target damage that needs ramp-up.
    Make your raidleader aware of that, be a teamplayer and admit that other classes are better on some fights. Additionally, if you start over with a Demo lock, it will be quite a steep learning curve. And least that's what it was for me at the start of the expac. My damage was pitiful until I got the concept.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    If I can play 2 speccs on a equal level, i play the specc that contributes more to my raids success - that usually means the one that has better numbers.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blorgo View Post
    If I can play 2 speccs on a equal level, i play the specc that contributes more to my raids success - that usually means the one that has better numbers.
    Very true – at least for all expacs before Legion. Sadly though, AP and Legendaries are the reason that you might likely not perform well with both specs equally, just from the pure math, not because of your playing skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    Never understood this mentality:

All players struggle at something, no matter if pushing for world first or trying to not get kicked for low DPS in normal Skorpyron. Playing a more viable spec will get either player ahead.
    Because at this point the spec you play is much less of an issue than how you play it.

If Demo Locks are good enough for Mythic guilds doing serious progression, they're good enough for Joe the Pleb who's never going to set foot in Mythic, and any prima donna guild/raid leader who says otherwise is trying too hard as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
    I guess for some people its very strange that people want to have fun with the spec they prefer instead of playing something they might not have fun with.
    people with broken brains yes. Normal people who aren't autistic retards understand outside of world 100 play what you have fun at.
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2017-04-05 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    This is why I said MOST, not all. Every spec might be capable of raiding, but it may not be the best for progression, and as such, it might not be viable.

Also, I don't really think your guild is progressing very fast. <=3/10 M, am I right?
    Did you get your special snowflake title yet?

TBH I will never understand what it's like to be a FotM re-roller, not in WoW, not in MOBAs, not in anything. I guess it's seen as "selfish" to some, but I pay 15 euro a month to enjoy the class and to play an RPG, i.e. I want to master a class and make it my character's "identity". I want to master every single talent combination or meme build possible and push myself to the limit. My guild recently downed M Krosus so I know the pressures of trying to keep up in DPS -- especially when you put me next to an equally geared Frost mage -- but at the end of the day, as long as I meet the MINIMUM DPS requirement, it works.

Not only am I not interested in Frost, I simply don't even have the time or energy to build up its artifact and farm 2 legendaries for it. And whatever, my spec could end up being OP for ToS, so it could work itself out in the end.

EIDT: Also people who think Demo locks suck literally do NOT PLAY THIS GAME, they are objectively up there as one of the best specs atm. They are relatively worse than Affli but relatively better than most other specs, so you're not holding anyone back by playing it.
    Last edited by trm90; 2017-04-05 at 08:57 AM.

Demo will be the strongest warlock spec with Tomb. Its ahead of affliction on pure st right now too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    This is why I said MOST, not all. Every spec might be capable of raiding, but it may not be the best for progression, and as such, it might not be viable.

Also, I don't really think your guild is progressing very fast. <=3/10 M, am I right?
    Unless you're in the top ~100 of guilds, the problems you face with progression are not because of class imbalance.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Demo will be the strongest warlock spec with Tomb. Its ahead of affliction on pure st right now too.
    on what fight?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#

looks like affliction is the top spec on almost every single fight, from scorp aoe to krosus ST

only place it loses to something hard is spellblade to ele and on eli to destro but thats because of fight limiting factors.

Our demo warlock is usually one of the top dogs in terms of dps, 9/10 guild

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...11/#metric=dps
    (Only showing 8/10 cause we hide progress/first kill logs for some reason, but he played destro for eli, as its just INFENITLY better there!)

He is performing fairly high for the spec though. so thats to add.