Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fus Ro Yay View Post
    while your statement is true, it doesn't really apply to this discussion does it? Realisticly, how many people will sub or stay subbed for the sake of running dragonsoul LFR for old transmog pieces? :b
    That doesn't matter though, Blizzard won't go back and change legacy content to be more convenient when they have to invest time in adding new content. It's a bullshit excuse, but the obvious excuse.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna happen. Not that I CAN'T, but there are some REALLY ugly gear out there, which I don't want in my appearance list. ;_:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Maybe a crazy idea, a futile task or just an impossible endeavour...
    Ever since the Wardrobe was announced I started to prepare for it's release.
    I bought cheap BoE's, ran all old Dungeons and Raids to get as many items before launch to have a headstart and (ab)used Alts to it's full potential this way.
    Some items dropped quite easily, others took months (curse you Dark Shaman set !) to gather but it's an ongoing process of filling in the missing pieces.

Is anyone else in the same boat and trying to fill in every slot, or just after a couple of specific items to finish an Appearance I wonder.

Currently my collection looks as follows;

224/370 Helms
    242/361 Shoulders
    498/770 Backs
    279/433 Chests
    84/97 Shirts (Brawlers is missing mainly)
    77/80 Tabards
    251/364 Wrists
    272/399 Gloves
    250/377 Belts
    284/416 Legs
    268/408 Boots

Won't list the Weapons since it's a bit too much for now.

What's on the to-do list:

Finishing old LFR sets.
    Finishing TBC up to WoD Dungeon loot.
    Legion PvP sets.

After all the Dungeons and PvP sets are done I'll most likely work my way through specific Profession related craftables (BoP recipes) and Loremaster items I'm missing.

It's a long journey (probably a never-ending one), but it's enjoyable and re-visiting lost Dungeons, Raids and Zones shows me how immersive and vast this game has become over the years.
    My collection is probably nothing compared to others (I know off someone who has close to 90% already) but it's still a nice thing to talk about and share tips, experiences and woes.

Anyone in the same boat or has made progress towards their Appearance-goals ?
    Yes, me.
    Not futile, not impossible, but insane and rewarding.
    I have plans to create tools to help for that.

I'm definitely in the same boat, and my strategy was to first earn a lot of gold, millions, to buy retired transmog. You can check anything going on on my twitter I guess, but I won't be doing anything for the moment, busy. will do something definitely, just like my will to complete this collection there's something I want to do

It's a journey with an end and it's important that players including the devs see that some players are collectors/completionists so they can tune that part of the game effectively.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2017-04-03 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    That doesn't matter though, Blizzard won't go back and change legacy content to be more convenient when they have to invest time in adding new content. It's a bullshit excuse, but the obvious excuse.
    They have changed older content for convenience before tho. For example the fact that you can que for LFR / Scenarios from the Cho @ lorewalkers at max level. (alltough it still requires you to bring your own group)
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Deleted
    Why did they change SoO, Highmaul, BRF and HFC LFR to 100% drop then? Why did they change some encounters like Galakras so that you can solo it?

Why did they bother introducing the npc where you can que up for old LFRs, when they could've invested that time in something else.

They probably gonna change up the drop chance after enough people bitch about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    Why did they change SoO, Highmaul, BRF and HFC LFR to 100% drop then? Why did they change some encounters like Galakras so that you can solo it?

Why did they bother introducing the npc where you can que up for old LFRs, when they could've invested that time in something else.

They probably gonna change up the drop chance after enough people bitch about it.
    The latter two are a matter of playability, not RNG. If you can't solo Galakras, a lot of players simply won't bother.
    Blizzard needs to make the content accessible, after that the RNG treadmill can take over.

Also, gnna need a source on those LFR drop rate changes.

Deleted
    The latter two are a matter of playability, not RNG. If you can't solo Galakras, a lot of players simply won't bother.
    Blizzard needs to make the content accessible, after that the RNG treadmill can take over.

Also, gnna need a source on those LFR drop rate changes.
    Well you can just que up for it and see for yourself. You really think you are lucky enough to get 10 items from 10 bosses in one run? I highly doubt it.

I don't know if this counts as a source for you, but alot of people have been getting loot on every boss in LFR and even normal mode with personal loot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._100_droprate/

Blizzard rarely put stuff like that in patch notes, so other than just straight up asking them on twitter, you probably won't get a legit source.
    Last edited by mmoc9aad74b9e3; 2017-04-03 at 10:40 AM.

Deleted
    Well you can just que up for it and see for yourself. You really think you are lucky enough to get 10 items from 10 bosses in one run? I highly doubt it.

That's how PL works. If you go in alone, you're always guaranteed to get an item. That's not just in LFR, that's all difficulties regarding SoO and onward.
    If you solo'd SoO when it was current, you'd get loot from every boss.
    If you solo'd BRF when it was current, you'd get loot from every boss.

Why? because a boss always has to drop loot, GL or PL. If you're the only candidate for loot when set to PL, you get loot.
    It's not rocket science.

Deleted

That's how PL works. If you go in alone, you're always guaranteed to get an item. That's not just in LFR, that's all difficulties regarding SoO and onward.
    If you solo'd SoO when it was current, you'd get loot from every boss.
    If you solo'd BRF when it was current, you'd get loot from every boss.

Why? because a boss always has to drop loot, GL or PL. If you're the only candidate for loot when set to PL, you get loot.
    It's not rocket science.
    Yea that may be right, but what about only getting Gold or the 'Failure Bags'?

PvP stuff is out of bounds for me - and anything else that requires a group effort. I'm focusing on the ones I can get myself though.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

No, purely because of the green items.

It simply isn't fun to camp the AH or grind mobs in blasted lands for 6 hours for a pair of bracers

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    PvP stuff is out of bounds for me - and anything else that requires a group effort. I'm focusing on the ones I can get myself though.
    just get it after seasons are done :] currently unlocked the first 10 pvp sets, as well as a few later season sets that i got when current.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Deleted
    Yea that may be right, but what about only getting Gold or the 'Failure Bags'?
    That's part of the Pre-SoO version of PL, when Blizzard just applied it for LFR.
    Fail bags are basically a consolation prize for participating in LFR.
    That's why you only see them in DS, T14 and ToT LFR: PL wasn't actually a fully design loot system yet.
    Remember, DS LFR used to be GL, but they changed that since 25 randoms would flame eachother because a Feral Druid need rolled an intellect staff for OS.
    So this actually further proves my point: they didn't even bother making the DS LFR looting system more lucrative: they just slammed that sticker on all the LFRs until SoO.
    Last edited by mmoce1f817744b; 2017-04-03 at 10:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone figured out a way to do WoD LFR's ?
    Can't recall there's already an NPC like the Pandaria ones to qeue up for it.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Honestly the task is just too overwhelming. Eventually you'll get down to a few dozen items that are just uber rare, like the 5 ilvl 40 boes that have a 0.01% drop rate from one mob in Ulduman etc. Then you'll start to wonder why people have higher numbers in their appearances, ie you show 97 shirts. If you got all 97 shirts available, would you then think you're done, or would you want to get the 113 total shirts there are? So much in the appearance tab is hidden because they're either too rare, or only available in BoE form from days removed.

You'll never be able to get every item in the game, so are you happy with just a full bar in your appearances, even though there's more you're missing?

Don't get me wrong, its a noble goal, but unrealistic.

I consider myself a completionist in nearly all aspects (ACMs, mounts, pets, toys, recipes, reputations, ...), but for Transmogs I have to agree with Ryken - at some point it simply becomes infeasible trying to go for 100%, even when only considering what is available in-game by normal means.

So I defined a more relaxed ruleset of what I'm personally trying to accomplish with respect to transmogs:

* Get all sets (also for the added ACMs in 7.2)
    * Complete in-game tabards category (+ get as many unlisted ones as possible)
    * Complete in-game shirts category (+ get as many unlisted ones as possible)
    * Get all farmable gear from raids / dungeons (excluding the 0.01% ones )
    * Get all transmogs from pvp tokens
    * Try to get all "distinct special appearances" (Hard to exactly define what falls into this category, Tusks of Mannoroth and the like)
    * Get all transmogs from vendors/reputations (pandaria level gear, timewalking tokens, rep gear, ...)

And what I'm doing on a regular basis, but with no intent of ever being finished:
    * Learn all transmogs from BoEs I get along the way
    * Regularly scan AH for unlearned transmogs
    Last edited by Tseng; 2017-04-04 at 01:24 PM.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone planning on getting the old Naxx set and its feat of strength? If I had a shit ton of gold I would, but I don't!
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    @Ryken, I understand your point of view and the questions you have.
    The same could be said about Achievements (some have Gladiator, others don't) and Gear aquisition (try and get BiS this expansion). You could argue that those things are not the same as collecting Appearances (especially considering there's removed items or ultra rare items as you call it) since not everyone can get Gladiator (titles or Mounts), not all Pets (due to Collector Editions) not all Achievements (see Gladiator FoS) or get Best in Slot Gear (example given earlier).
    That's why I said it's probably an impossible task and a neverending journey, but that's what people like about those kind of endeavours: see how far they can get and IF they can actually get it at all. In an MMO you're never done/you'll never "complete" the game and that's the beauty (but also the trap) in these kind of games.

To answer your questions more from a personal point of view: I will see how far I get and what I can get my hands on by natural and reasonable means. I used to be an Achievement hunter too but due to how stupid some Achievements were I quit. Same for Mounts (something I still casually run), collecting all of those is a nigh impossible task due to how much luck you need for certain drops (Love Rocket says hello) or on rewards which are only available within a specific timeframe/only to a % of the playerbase as a reward. That's why I enjoy doing Appearances a lot more since there's no rankings, no "need" to do it, just your own dedication and enjoyment in collecting stuff.

Not to bash Legion here but someone said it earlier in this thread that collecting items which you can keep "forever" are more valuable as farming a currency (Artifact Power) which will be redundant in the next Expansion.
    Every collector has it's own reason to collect items (completionist, ocd, special rewards, rankings) and I don't judge anyone on their choises wheather they want to collect or not. I accept everyone has different goals and ways to play the game thus I completely see why you seem sceptic (or have questions). It's nice to have different opinions and points of view ^^.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Deleted
    As a matter of fact, I am. I don't know how I am gonna deal with the items that lack a source since cata or the insanely rare world drops, but I'll keep on collecting. Here's my progress so far on my shaman.

327/381 Helms
    329/367 Shoulders
    691/792 Cloaks
    342/444 Chests
    98/100 Shirts
    77/79 Tabards
    282/371 Bracers
    314/404 Gloves
    302/384 Belts
    340/419 Legs
    326/415 Boots

Though we are excluding weapons, I'd like to note the closest section I am to completing; Fist Weapons. Currently at 132/146, with most of the remaining appearances being from PvP.

Source? /10chr
    What do you mean "source"? The source is my brain.
    Why not work on something with higher drop chance now and save this for later as there might be a chance they will increase the drop rates in LFR.
    I'm just saying it makes sense to save LFR for last unless you have the time to run those every week aswell. Personally I would just use my precious time for something else at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Right, because they didn't make the change a while back that increased our damage in old raids by an extreme amount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Impossible for me, so...no..just going for some sets that I really love - and even there I am not sure if I want to bother with painful stuff like Yogg on 25man...
    How is Yogg 25 painful? :s