Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The major difference between the quest Hunter and a pirate warrior is the fact that a Pirate goes into Topdeck mode at 5-6, the major strength of the quest Hunter is that you have a lot of draw.

The Deck is much closer to a Zoo Lock type, you just swarm the board over and over.

You'd still need some kind of explosive turn to beat Jade, or pump out extreme tempo cards during the Midgame.
    I mean sure, but its not good. Stampede requires for you to hold on your 1 drops for it to be effective. The tolvir warden is turn 5. The only one that can be played reasonably on curve is the macaw.

Also zoo lock was good because it had ways to trade up its early game minions without loosing much tempo and each minion was perfecg for it since they were incredibly reslient. The new hunter one drops aren't resilient and besides houndmaster hunter buffs are not good in the early to early midgame.

Interesting to see how predictions in this thread turned out. Er... not so well

Quote Originally Posted by zinfandel View Post
    Either deathrattle priest will be viable or we'll be seeing no priest at all
    Seeing all these old posts are really interesting. The meta obviously didn't go the way people thought at all. Quest priest is by far the worst archetype in Standard with both dragon and purify being better than it. Odd how nobody seems to be able to predict stuff like this, isn't it? Grats on OP for calling taunt warrior though it has fallen a little bit out of favor as of late.

Also holy shit I thought this was still ongoing. Should have checked to see the poster above me necro'd the fuck out of this.

Worthwhile necro if you ask me - you can't look back at what people predicted if you don't er... look back.

Quote Originally Posted by zinfandel View Post
    Worthwhile necro if you ask me.
    It's not a necro at all, if you ask me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Return of C'Thun.
    Dammit I only posted sarcastically. I wasn't keeping up to date with the cards.

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of people overestimated Quest Hunter lol. There's only one overpowered 1 drop in this game, and his name is Patches the Pirate.

Yeah I've been enjoying a bit of warrior cthun - not meta crushing, but does have a reasonable win rate

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Seeing all these old posts are really interesting. The meta obviously didn't go the way people thought at all. Quest priest is by far the worst archetype in Standard with both dragon and purify being better than it. Odd how nobody seems to be able to predict stuff like this, isn't it? Grats on OP for calling taunt warrior though it has fallen a little bit out of favor as of late.

Also holy shit I thought this was still ongoing. Should have checked to see the poster above me necro'd the fuck out of this.
    Purify's dominance is due to the overplayed nature of a T2-3 deck that gets completely stomped by it. If quest rogue was actually proportional it wouldn't be nearly as popular. It's an interesting take in that purify was correctly called, but quest rogue is still overvalued possibly because of it being a quick alternative to pirate that was more immediately obvious than token druids reemergence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Early on you'll see lots of 1 drop/Beast Hunter, Taunt Warrior, and Discard Zoo Lock. Eventually with more polish I think Rogue with their quest could be quite good and ditto Spell Mage, but like Reno Lock and later Reno Mage it took a lot of iterations for people to figure out the optimal deck builds.
    I was kind of right, although Spell Mage ended up becoming Gunther Mage and Quest Rogue was actually good right from the getgo.