Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Mage Tower Construction Complete - North America

North America - Mage Tower Construction Complete
    The Mage Tower has been completed on North American realms! This grants:

• Access to the solo challenge scenarios that unlock new Artifact appearances
    • Veiled Wyrmtongue Chests, which are more lucrative
    • Portals to different Broken Shore zones
    • Knowledgeable - When you loot an item which grants Artifact Power in a Raid or Dungeon, there's a chance you will receive a bonus Artifact Power token.

The Mage Tower will remain active for three days, so use these buffs wisely. The Artifact challenge scenario is very difficult.

• Your first attempt at the scenario is free
    • Subsequent attempts cost 100 x Nethershard each
    • The challenge varies based on your spec

Last edited by chaud; 2017-04-03 at 07:44 AM.

Was a mystery to me why the focus was on the mage tower instead of the others, most people will throw a lot of nethershards at the tower for no reward.

I suppose there is the small chance of a +30% rep buff ...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Looking forward to seeing it done on EU ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Was a mystery to me why the focus was on the mage tower instead of the others, most people will throw a lot of nethershards at the tower for no reward.

Its pretty obvious why almost everyone is going for the Mage tower, myself included.

I assumed it was from people wanting to get the artifact appearance myself

wait what!? only 3 days? wtf

Soooo.... it takes like a week to unlock a building and only lasts for 3 days? GG.

Broken shore content wont last forever. People playing there will dwindle A LOT when everyone has reputation for flying. Gl getting that skin...

I expected buildings to be unlocked forever.

...and apparently it's already been cleared by some specs based on discord chatter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kethmil View Post
    Soooo.... it takes like a week to unlock a building and only lasts for 3 days? GG.

Broken shore content wont last forever. People playing there will dwindle A LOT when everyone has reputation for flying. Gl getting that skin...

I expected buildings to be unlocked forever.
    It took a week since invasions aren't enabled yet.

Quote Originally Posted by amythist View Post
    I assumed it was from people wanting to get the artifact appearance myself
    The close to 70% of people that favoured the Mage Tower ... 69.99% of them won't be up to getting the appearance any time soon (read pre ToS).

I favoured the last one - the one that spawns 4 world bosses that drop 690+ loot

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    ...and apparently it's already been cleared by some specs based on discord chatter.
    Let me guess - DK/DH self healing tank + dps specs ?

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Deleted

Bigger mistery for me is, why focus on all 3 instead ending one, then move to other.

US got a world first! Grats!

The close to 70% of people that favoured the Mage Tower ... 69.99% of them won't be up to getting the appearance any time soon (read pre ToS).

I favoured the last one - the one that spawns 4 world bosses that drop 690+ loot

- - - Updated - - -

Let me guess - DK/DH self healing tank + dps specs ?
    From what I've seen it's Rogue, Resto Shaman, Mage, and WW. I don't know more details than that but that's what was said in the Havoc part of the DH discord with a Rogue SS holding up the daggers. Quite a few people apparently already have low % wipes on the fights as well based on the quick reading of the chatter I did through other discords.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachna View Post
    Bigger mistery for me is, why focus on all 3 instead ending one, then move to other.
    Well, all three can apparently be up at once .... but ours ended up being predominantly the least useful one first (Mage Tower).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    From what I've seen it's Rogue, Resto Shaman, Mage, and WW. I don't know more details than that but that's what was said in the Havoc part of the DH discord with a Rogue SS holding up the daggers. Quite a few people apparently already have low % wipes on the fights as well based on the quick reading of the chatter I did through other discords.
    I mean to be fair, looking at the above Screenshot (I'm at work, so haven't attempted/really know anything about it yet.), the bosses have about 100M HP. I know from the elite WQ bosses that I can easily knock off about 20-30% of that with my on-pull burst (912 Moonkin) (more with flask/food buff/Potion/BL Drums). So the main challenge is just going to be learning the mechanics so that I can survive the remaining (likely) 50-60% (although, changing to my "lay on feet" boots will probably make the surviving part a lot easier.)

Either way, I guess my point is that people with appropriate legionaries/decently high ilvl are probably going to have a pretty easy time with it right out of the gate
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Waste of a tower lol, only 1% of the playerbase will be able to complete the challenge right now. We could have had world bosses or free bonus rolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, all three can apparently be up at once .... but ours ended up being predominantly the least useful one first (Mage Tower).
    I don't know about that, the Nether Disruptor seems like it has the potential for some epic fail, given that it's only up for 3 days.(I.E. waiting for someone to finish on a Friday, rather than Monday night/Tues Afternoon)

And I don't think the Command Centre has any benefit to raiding? (Or is this the one that summons World Bosses? I forget, thought that was Disruptor)
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Waste of a tower lol, only 1% of the playerbase will be able to complete the challenge right now. We could have had world bosses or free bonus rolls.
    The tower grants a 30 % rep boost, rep needed to unlock flying.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "The Mage Tower will remain active for three days, so use these buffs wisely."

and then it will be destroyed or what?

Each week buildings demolished and need to build them up again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobor View Post
    "The Mage Tower will remain active for three days, so use these buffs wisely."

and then it will be destroyed or what?

Each week buildings demolished and need to build them up again?
    Yes. Once a building is destroyed you'll have to wait 24 hours before you can start reconstructing it.