Velen's trinket and disc healing

Hey all.
    Quick question:
    I ve been chasing Velen's trinket since it was added to our loot table with no luck (yesterday it dropped for my resto druid alt meh ) . This RNG is killing me to a point that I actually believe blizzard is trolling me since legion started!

I ve been watching logs carefully in NH and I ve noticed that many discs that have this trinket tend to go for mindbender instead of shield discipline. I assume its because of the similar duration so MB and Velen's synergise effect.

My question for those that have the trinket: Did it change your gameplay, talent choices, cds? Do you pair it with mindbender,halo,LW, rapture?
    Is it your default trinket or situational?

PS: I m in mythic NH 6/9 so far and Tichondrius was a pain to heal as disc when it required so much spot healing.

That doesen't answer your question, but you could switch your spec to holy and buy a trinket token for nethershards. Assuming you didn't get any legendaries on holy, chances are pretty high that you will get the trinket.

I got Prydaz and Sephuz already and these count for both specs unfortunately

Velen's (75s) adds a 4th raid cooldown for Disc - Shadowfiend (180s), Light's Wrath (90s), and Rapture (120s), not counting Barrier which can only be used situationally.

I use it with Light's Wrath since the cooldowns line up well but we can certainly use it separately, depending on damage patterns.

What makes Velen's really amazing is that it's both a raid cooldown AND a mana-saver. Imagine if Promises or Spine had an on-use healing bonus. That's basically what Velen's is.

Deleted
    I only have Velen's, gloves and helm left to loot for disc. Unfortunately, last night I got Norganon's, and 2 weeks ago Prydaz (and I already had Sephuz for quite some time), so reckon of getting a holy legendary if I change my loot spec are prolly low. On the plus side, things can only get better for me now? I got a 60% chance to get one of my bis legendaries next, /sing "things can only get better".

Quote Originally Posted by Saphiramoon View Post
    I only have Velen's, gloves and helm left to loot for disc. Unfortunately, last night I got Norganon's, and 2 weeks ago Prydaz (and I already had Sephuz for quite some time), so reckon of getting a holy legendary if I change my loot spec are prolly low. On the plus side, things can only get better for me now? I got a 60% chance to get one of my bis legendaries next, /sing "things can only get better".
    That's incredibly bad luck. Assuming the time investment and lack of connection to a certain character's name were acceptable the optimal strategy was to have a few characters of the same spec, just like Method's main players did, to produce more rolls of the legendary RNG dice. This almost ensures that at least one of your chars will have good legendaries.

I have two disc priests (not for that reason) - one has Velen's, the gloves, and Prydaz and the other has the gloves, bracers, sephuz, and norgannon's.