Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    Tks for the tip.
    I was thinking in going with LEG's Head and Neck for the first phase and the last one maybe ring and belt. It depends how long it will last the last phase i could got shoulders and ring. Any insight on how long did it take you to kill it on the last phase?
    About Legendary i have; Head, neck, Shoulders, Chest, belt and AotHG ring.
    What would be your adivce? Also it worth it to run 4 pieces of tier?
    Leg head works fine in first phase, it kind of depends on which ones you have available to you. IMO the LEG head doesn't do too much since it's only Single Target and during the frost phases you reset the cd completely after stunning the frost walls. For me it was nice to have the LEG chest equipped as it made blur a cd that gets you up to full hp. As for the frost phase another tip is to be standing as near the middle as possible when he swaps sides because if you do, some of the walls can be slightly over the edge to the next place the teleports, giving you free extra soul shards from killing them with your Eye beam (if you direct it onto him and onto the shards)!

As for phase 2 I believe it took around 2 - 2,2 min since IIRC my chaos blades came back from cd before the kill. Legendaries for phase 2 I'd recomment at least the AotHG ring and chest since the add does hit quite a lot. On my kill I remember trying to just kite it out for a bit while waiting for new adds since killing them will give you a lot of your hp back. I ran 4set when I did it is quite a nice dps increase, even though phase 1 isn't a dps race at all.

Its worth to use 4 bonus tier?
    I'd probably say yes but it's not mandatory. I don't have Prydaz or the chest so personally I wanted to gear as defensively as I could with random stuff I had sitting in my bags while still retaining tier bonus. When I tried max dps gear I had times where eye beam was down and demonic appetite alone couldn't keep my health high enough to survive the first cast after the mage blinks away.
    Last edited by xmr1; 2017-04-04 at 10:05 AM.

Deleted
    Do you think it's doabble with my gear?
    I have all the dps and heal legs for havoc, just missing the sephuz ring i think.
    It's worth going for the 4 pieces of tier or 2 will be ok?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%A6zar/simple
    Yes it's killable, but it'll be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiahx View Post
    Leg head works fine in first phase, it kind of depends on which ones you have available to you. IMO the LEG head doesn't do too much since it's only Single Target and during the frost phases you reset the cd completely after stunning the frost walls. For me it was nice to have the LEG chest equipped as it made blur a cd that gets you up to full hp. As for the frost phase another tip is to be standing as near the middle as possible when he swaps sides because if you do, some of the walls can be slightly over the edge to the next place the teleports, giving you free extra soul shards from killing them with your Eye beam (if you direct it onto him and onto the shards)!
    As for phase 2 I believe it took around 2 - 2,2 min since IIRC my chaos blades came back from cd before the kill. Legendaries for phase 2 I'd recomment at least the AotHG ring and chest since the add does hit quite a lot. On my kill I remember trying to just kite it out for a bit while waiting for new adds since killing them will give you a lot of your hp back. I ran 4set when I did it is quite a nice dps increase, even though phase 1 isn't a dps race at all.
    OK tks for the tip, i have all the leg for havoc expect the sephuz ring.
    I will give it a try today when i get back from work.
    The head was a idea because you will reset the eyebeam more often.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Yes it's killable, but it'll be hard.
    Im cool with that! If it was not hard what is the point? Hehehe

Deleted
    OK tks for the tip, i have all the leg for havoc expect the sephuz ring.
    I will give it a try today when i get back from work.
    The head was a idea because you will reset the eyebeam more often.
    Oh right then I would recommend anger ring and wrists for phase 2 since it's great to kill off the adds and you get some long range dmg that can tick from bloodlet if you're kiting it out to survive. As for the eyebeam i think there's enough resets as there is, esp in frost phase, but try it out and see how it feels.
    Lemme know how it goes for you, GL in there.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Didn't change anything for me, I was already stunning then moving slightly to suck up all the orbs before double jump fel rush, I'm still getting hit by Comet Storm far away from the ice patch.
    Damn.

Maybe try not to double Fel Rush, just get outside with one fel rush and force update your position. I really, really thing the issue is that double Fel Rush and jump doesn't update the position fast enough. Also, you don't need to move before jumping to leave, the orbs get sucked regardless from my experience.

Doing this slow tactic you will get hit by 1, 2 extra frostbolts but they really aren't threatening imo. I was only really dying by triple 1 million comet spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Phase 2: Felblade, Demon Blades, First Blood, Desperate Instincts, Momentum, Master of the Glaive, Fel Barrage (2222112)

I haven't seen anyone else mention Fel Barrage and it worked wonders!
    Yeah, I think this makes a lot of sence actually. Without Moarg, I also think I wouldn't have been able to kill the adds fast enough. With Moarg, 2x Throw Glaive + Fury + Beam was enough to kill them.
    Last edited by Littlepwny; 2017-04-04 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiahx View Post
    Oh right then I would recommend anger ring and wrists for phase 2 since it's great to kill off the adds and you get some long range dmg that can tick from bloodlet if you're kiting it out to survive. As for the eyebeam i think there's enough resets as there is, esp in frost phase, but try it out and see how it feels.
    Lemme know how it goes for you, GL in there.
    Oh i forgot i dont have the wrists too lol
    I have the rest, missing only wrist and sephuz ring

- - - Updated - - -

I just dont get the prision thing, what are we supposed to do?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just dont get the prision thing, what are we supposed to do?
    Stun with Chaos Nova (generates a billion souls for healing and cooldown reset). You can also Eye Beam before the Chaos Nova for free 8 second Meta.

Double Jump and Fel Rush outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepwny View Post
    Stun with Chaos Nova (generates a billion souls for healing and cooldown reset). You can also Eye Beam before the Chaos Nova for free 8 second Meta.

Double Jump and Fel Rush outside.
    Ah ok ty for the info

Okay so just did it myself after reaching 2nd boss twice. I had about 15 tries in total, and at least 10 of those wipes came from messing up in the transition phase, until I figured out you can just oneshot an image with Fel Eruption and there is no danger it will ever get a cast off before you can start healing.
    I went demonic 3323333 for the first guy and respecced to the standart FB/Nem/CB build for the demon. Noticed first time that I wasted a lot of meta by popping it on pull, so I held cd's and drums for after first spawn of elementals. Then I just popped everything and nuked him down as much as possible before next set of adds. Went safe and ran far away, killed them to heal up, and then killed the boss. There is really no special trick to the last phase, if you have the gear I would just reccomend playing it safe and running quite far with the adds so there is no risk of them running into the stuff on the ground and/or to boss.

I tried first boss 2 or 3 times with standard nec/cb build but it just didnt have enough healing. As demonic there is no chance of death from the boss dmg (frostbolts/arcane barriers), and you don't need Raddons for it either.

Man, fuck the transition phase. What am I doing wrong? I just get slowed too much and can never reach the boss. I try to get him as close to the center as possible but... aghgfhhr

Quote Originally Posted by Gylen View Post
    Man, fuck the transition phase. What am I doing wrong? I just get slowed too much and can never reach the boss. I try to get him as close to the center as possible but... aghgfhhr
    You don't walk to the boss, you VR/FR to it. Netherwalk as a panic buttom.

Deleted
    Holy shit... I finally managed to do it. Killed the boss with one hit left to kill me. Here's my setup/build. Can't post links yet but my character is Nethera on Argent Dawn EU.

Phase 1: 3323223, with Prydaz and AotHG. Felt like a lot of luck to me, he could sometimes port away right after I eyebeam, sometimes I'd just get fucked by darkness somehow. Strategy for darkness phase was basically to immediately VR into double Fel Rush to get him before I took damage... sometimes it worked and sometimes not. I relied a hell of a lot on getting soul fragments from Chaos Strike, simply put if you get unlucky with crits/demonic appetite, you won't live. For the icicles, I'd Chaos Nova, then double jump + Fel Rush to Xylem and eye beam if I still needed to heal. I'd try and interrupt his frostbolt then pull him closer to the centre (this is only
    for the first frost phase, on subsequent ones he teleports way out of reach anyway). For the rest of it, I'd make sure I always had arcane torrent or interrupt up for Draw Power, use Blur if I didn't have any methods for his next few Arcane Barrages, and just pray that he didn't teleport away at bad times (like immediately after I eye beam to heal).

Phase 2: 2233311, with Mo'args and AotHG. Popped drums, old war, nemesis, chaos blades, horn of valor, meta, FotI on the boss while kiting him to the edge. When he started channelling the spell on me, I'd stick around for a few seconds, then VR away and spam glide to get some distance. Then just eye beam + throw glaive the adds down (was pretty scary when one of them almost got to the boss but died to a bloodlet tick ). Was very careful about touching the shadowy shit, since my last attempt at the phase ended at 19% when I stepped in it for a second. Without Prydaz or Achor here, his melee hits really add up and every time I failed, it was because he meleed me to death, not because of the shadowy shit filling up the room. Overall it took 56 attempts, 90% of those being in the Xylem stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gylen View Post
    Having the very same issue.... I can never get there without getting killed 9/10. The other times I luck out with him being close to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    You don't walk to the boss, you VR/FR to it. Netherwalk as a panic buttom.
    Yeah, I just can't seem to clip the floor on the way (I tried taking it slow) and then once slowed, even with Felrush/VR, you're not going very high / far.

I'm going to be doing attempts when I get home today. Think I should have much issue?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ypheous/simple

Will swap tier chest for Achor, swap current pants to tier pants. Have Mo'args for phase 2. Should I use Elemental Foci or Nightblooming Frond over KJs?

7+ Year Old Account
    I have just completed the Havoc challenge. I was 902 ilvl using Chest and Shoulder legendary in both phases. Trinkets used Dinner bell and Foci. I did 670k dps during phase 2 which includes the add damage.

I don't really have any major tips to share that have not already been mentioned here and on the discord but all I can say really is that I got lucky. I could only just manage to kill the adds in phase 2 and had about a characters size space left at the end.

Deleted
    Legitimate question? How much HP does xylem have for you guys in the US? Seen two kill recordings with 116m, doing it atm in the EU with 160m. Anyone fron EU or US able to confirm this?

If so this is silly, getting to 11% with having to deal with 44m more hp.

Edit:
    Some evidence...

Youtube screenshot 1 (US Xylem 116M HP)
    http://imgur.com/sntB5Nq
    Youtube screenshot 2 (US Xylem 116M HP)
    http://imgur.com/mHCNpV7
    Mine (EU Xylem 160M HP)
    http://imgur.com/GjDc4sG

I'm doing this on an alt and it's frustrating that it's completely doable if the HP disparity wasn't there, getting to 10-20% in phase one frequently but I'm running out of fatigue at that point.

Edit:
    Seems it's a difference between specs, not sure if it's intended.
    Last edited by mmoc3619dc7e61; 2017-04-04 at 02:13 PM.

160m for me to in the EU.

Yeah 160m HP.

Best try was 50%. Still getting fucked when he switches to Darkness Phase. Can't seem to reliably make him move towards middle in Arcane Phase..
    Money talks, bullshit walks..