Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevade View Post
    Just got the new Vengeance skin from the Mage Tower about 1 hour ago. Probably the most difficult thing I have ever tried. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I played 1222311 and used Prydaz and Sephuz (they were the best ones I had available).
    Where are you finding time to DPS the boss in phase one, and where do you make use of the orbs? I made it to P2 once in twenty attempts by using the Legendary bracers to keep the void adds stunned forever, and used the orbs to line them all up when the stun fell off each time. However, that really doesn't feel like it's going to work considering everything stays up going into P2.

When I tried just killing the adds, I felt like I had no time to actually DPS the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Malynd View Post
    Where are you finding time to DPS the boss in phase one, and where do you make use of the orbs? I made it to P2 once in twenty attempts by using the Legendary bracers to keep the void adds stunned forever, and used the orbs to line them all up when the stun fell off each time. However, that really doesn't feel like it's going to work considering everything stays up going into P2.

When I tried just killing the adds, I felt like I had no time to actually DPS the boss.
    Finding time to dps the boss is the hardest part, its about being extremely efficient. I cast all infernal strikes on the edge of the dnd circle so he got hit by that plus sigil of flame, throw glaive while running to eyes. Most importantly, when dealing with the arcane adds, make sure to fiery brand the boss + fel dev as often as possible with the arcane adds near him to get efficient damage on the boss + adds.

If you time your belf, sigil of silence, sigil of misery, or orb of light so that it goes off once the actual cast has begun doing damage, they will never recast ever again. Quickened sigils and being belf really helped with that. I used orbs in p1 only if I needed the heal or if i had no answer to the arcane add's cast (Every 3rd or so).

I would advise pre pot, meta, fiery brand, fel dev, fracture spam (and proc sephuz with pre misery or something) and just tank 5-6 stacks at the start of the fight to get in as much damage as possible. Meta should be back up for the last phase. Also if you can, try to weave in soul carvers when you can. Taking stacks isn't very deadly at 3, but anything more especially when tanking adds is sketchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevade View Post
    If you time your belf, sigil of silence, sigil of misery, or orb of light so that it goes off once the actual cast has begun doing damage, they will never recast ever again.
    That is amazing to know, thank you. I've been interrupting as their cast started, so I never noticed that. I'm a Night Elf, so I don't have the free AoE Silence, but I think your tips will help me out quite a bit. I really thought that keeping all of the adds perma-stunned would work out, but I think it might be too much to handle in the last phase.

I wonder what the lowest ilevel Havoc DH can survive the hits? I am only sitting at 893, but I'm going to give it a few good tried anyway, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    Show me on the doll where the bad shield touched you
    RIP Warrior Gladiator Build

I can make it into P2 more consistently as Vengeance, but I feel like I've taken way too long by the time that I get there. I have so many Infernals knocking me around that I don't feel like I have any time to DPS the boss. It's a pretty frustrating experience.

Anyone got experience with the challenge WITHOUT Prydaz / Achor?

It opens for EU tomorrow, and I'm kinda sitting here fuming that I have 7 Legendaries, and the ones I lack are freaking Anger, and guess what, Achor + Prydaz

Will it be possible at all with 880 ilvl or should i just not bother and wait for better gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    Will it be possible at all with 880 ilvl or should i just not bother and wait for better gear?
    With perfect execution and a bit of luck maybe? The people who have done it so far at 905-915 ilvl are top 99% players for the most part. If you're not already there, you might have an easier time with a significantly larger chunk of health from more Artifact traits and the extra 40 ilvls from ToS gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, anybody have some tips for the arcane annihilation phase? I'm getting absolutely crushed during it, like Big Bertha doing some face sitting and having some trapped gas come out of one of her folds on my face and having it bet wet status.

I come out of frost phase just fine at 100% health and meta coming back up (prydez + shoulders).

Arcane phase I immediately fel rush to the first replica I see and kill it before trying to scout out a path. I wait for a cast to finish, felrush to the next guy, and in the process of felrushing, die, sometimes I have time for a single GCD, sometimes not. Whats the secret?
    Last edited by Killface1; 2017-04-03 at 09:31 PM.

Can someone explain the dark phase to me? I kill a clone, get into his bubble, heal up, select another one close to where the real guy is hidden and kill them and get into their bubble. At this point I can't even move anymore due to some debuff bubble fades and I just tick away to darkness. I have no idea what the hell is going on.

well, couple things: first, the boss is invisible and the only way to see him is to look for some sparklies. Second, you can double jump and move, as well as fel rush and VR. The ground hits you for 1.2m/s and theres passive aoe damage for 500k per second if you're in the air. So you want to use as much double jump/leap and plan on killing people on the way to top yourself back up. I find netherwalk to be super useful here.

That said, I'm still getting shit on this phase and can't do it reliably.

It's doable with an average ilvl.

i'm a 899 DH.
    3/3/1/3/2/2/3 build
    Legendaries: Sephuz ring and AotHG.
    Trinkets: Bloodthirsty 880, 875 Foci.
    Artifact Rank: 38

got it down to about 25% less or more lol. But i fucked up mechanics and died. its all about doing everything right, when he starts repeating you know you can beat it.

However, after 70 wipes i'm out of nethershards.

i'm 100% sure that if i had Artifact maxed out + Prydaz/Achor(And maybe better trinkets lol) i would have killed it.

secret to survive is pretty much abuse of Imprision +Interrupt + Chaos Nova+FelEruption and using Eye Beam as a healing cooldown and Metamorphosis as an "ohshiti'mgonnadie" button. You can also use metamorphosis to reach him on shadow phase once if you were too faraway for some reason.

it's doable. it's just as hard as any Megaman Boss, but less forgiving. after you learn the fight it becomes much easier and all you gotta do is repeat.(Of couse much easier said than done).

however, i gave up on gettin it right now. it's not worth the trouble, gonna max out my artifact and try gettin Prydaz or Achor(guess the owners of those are all like "WHO IS LAUGHIN NOW? BASTARDS HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!")
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    well, couple things: first, the boss is invisible and the only way to see him is to look for some sparklies. Second, you can double jump and move, as well as fel rush and VR. The ground hits you for 1.2m/s and theres passive aoe damage for 500k per second if you're in the air. So you want to use as much double jump/leap and plan on killing people on the way to top yourself back up. I find netherwalk to be super useful here.

That said, I'm still getting shit on this phase and can't do it reliably.
    The thing is I'm killing a clone and sitting in the bubble to heal up but the longer I take the slower I become. I'm just trying to figure out what the heck is going on is it a stacking snare debuff that goes into a root if I get too many stacks? If that's the case I'm just going to bee line from now on it's ridiculous it even stays on you while netherwalking.

He shows up on the minimap, so its worth trying if you're quick about going in the right direction

Kruul hits like a fucking truck and his Annihilate is bugged as fuck, even if I Imprison him while he's casting it I still get the debuff sometimes

Deleted
    Been doing Xylem for a while now and what fucks me up the most is that Fel Rush seems to be the only thing that breaks him out of the darkness phase... >.>

So I'm having trouble getting to Xylem when he teleports away into the shadows. When I'm in frost phase I normally double fel rush to him and it's ok, but in the arcane phase, that isn't enough as he doesn't move when interrupted. I try to jump from add to add to get some heal from the bubble but I'm always slowed so I can't get to the next one without rush and the cds longer than the bubbles duration. Any tips for that phase?

I ended up just saving meta leap to get to him when double fel rush wasn't enough and with CoF I had it up again for the last phase.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gotten some really good tries but at times I keep getting screwed by the frost phase. I stun the icicles and dash out which heals me to full but, somehow, I manage to get hit by Comet Storm well after I have exited the field (and at full health).

Edit: Woot! Finally did it after 30 tries.

I did it same as the video linked in the first page with Achor/Moarg combo at ilvl 903. 3331223 for the first part and 2231311 for the second part.

For Shadow Phase, stay close towards the Iris (you can kite boss after interrupting in frost phase) and instantly double Fel Rush into Vengeful Retreat. If you spot the boss quickly, you should be able to reach him unless you get a really bad spawn. If you don't, you can have Netherwalk or even Meta as a backup.

One way I did this while I was training was do first shadow realm with no CD. Second Shadow Realm with Netherwalk. Third Shadow Realm with Metamorphosis. Fourth Shadow Realm with Netherwalk.

For last phase it is a matter of having the DPS, Moarg are a massive boost to your cleave damage. Make sure to respec from demonic to CB spec before starting the fight and prepot. This phase lasts approximately 2:40 mins which is enough for 2 sets of CB/Nemesis and, if you do the above rotation for the shadow phase, you have Metamorphosis on the second set of CDs. DO NOT INTERRUPT OR YOU WILL RUIN YOUR RUN, DO NOT SCREW UP TWICE LIKE LITTLEPWNY.

Anyway, keep at it guys. Its just a matter of repeating the fight over and over again until you memorize it. Stamina Flask might help a bit for those with a small HP pool. At a 3.6 mil pool I ended up at 1% health a few times.

PS: If you don't have Achor or Prydaz, you better have mad skillz and gear.

PS2: I am finally glad that Achor turned into an MVP on one fight.
    Last edited by Littlepwny; 2017-04-04 at 03:05 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doing Phase 1 and Phase 2 without Soul Rending is near impossible if you dont have Prydaz. You have zero protection and 30% Leech is just not enough. Prydaz just seems to be way too good for too many of these challenge scenarios, and those who doesnt have it, are labeled as fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    Doing Phase 1 and Phase 2 without Soul Rending is near impossible if you dont have Prydaz. You have zero protection and 30% Leech is just not enough. Prydaz just seems to be way too good for too many of these challenge scenarios, and those who doesnt have it, are labeled as fucked.
    If it makes you feel any better, warlocks have prydaz baseline with their Soul Leech, and in their challenge they still get one shot by a melee boss that they're supposed to kite, but you can't kite the melee boss without a specific legendary ring that gives your dot a snare as it's your only source of a snare to kite.