Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WW Monk Challenge: Complete

I just beat the WW monk challenge. Posting this to maybe help others.

http://imgur.com/a/p9dQP

I was using Prydaz as a legendary really helped. Also used Bracers.

Talents was

897 ilvl.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dragoon/simple At the time of posting this i have Prydaz and Draught equipped, since my other legendary is KBW. I did not use Draughts effect.

His felburst can get to a point where it will cast before Spearhand comes off cd. Torrent(if BE) or Stun him. I usually used Paralyze. When he summons the totem, a green circle appears on the ground. FSK hits it for half health, if you have Arcangolem Digit, it will kill the totem. Try to save clones for the worms, helps tremendously when downing them. Also, do not use Chi Wave for damage. Hold it for when you need healing. Be sparing with your heals against Tugar.

One of the biggest tips for Tugar: MAx camera distance, and stand so your camera is facing as much of the platform as possible, to see the totem being summoned.

Once Tugar is dead, the worm is a pain in the butt. His sonic scream casts more than your heals. Save them for after the scream. Touch of Karma will full you if a scream hits it. So you can have one scream hit, then TOK the next one. Effuse helps in this phase, I was casting it a lot, as well as using Transcendence heal. Tugar took 12 attempts before I got him down. Got the worm down in that last one as well..
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2017-04-03 at 10:34 AM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

sweet! thanks for posting.

I'm sitting at 890 ilvl at the moment. Should I give it a go now or focus on ilvl until it pops up next go round?

Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    sweet! thanks for posting.

I'm sitting at 890 ilvl at the moment. Should I give it a go now or focus on ilvl until it pops up next go round?
    You should try it, I completed it at around 886-887 ilvl (prydaz is a total ilvl drop over my other options). So you should be able to do it just fine after some trial/error.

I killed it on my 5th attempt using prydaz + KJW.
    Honestly though, prydaz is such a life-saver that I can't imagine how I would've done it without it. I suppose more effuse spamming since it doesn't appear that you're on a timer.

Trugar took until the 5th attempt, and the worm was a 1-shot from there. Though I did almost die to it, having only 264k health left after killing it.
    Last edited by Shakugan123; 2017-04-03 at 02:18 PM.

what would you say was the biggest hurdle in the encounter? damage or self healing?

Quote Originally Posted by Shakugan123 View Post
    You should try it, I completed it at around 886-887 ilvl (prydaz is a total ilvl drop over my other options). So you should be able to do it just fine after some trial/error.

I killed it on my 5th attempt using prydaz + KJW.
    Honestly though, prydaz is such a life-saver that I can't imagine how I would've done it without it. I suppose more effuse spamming since it doesn't appear that you're on a timer.

Trugar took until the 5th attempt, and the worm was a 1-shot from there. Though I did almost die to it, having only 264k health left after killing it.
    COOL, glad i have prydaz then. Might as well try it a few times. Don't want to burn too many nethershards in case I need to boost my ilvl a little. what talents did you run?

Quote Originally Posted by wildragonite View Post
    what would you say was the biggest hurdle in the encounter? damage or self healing?
    The damage while fighting the caster can be high if you're hit by stuff like the falling debris during earthquake and stuff, but overall a lot of it is avoidable so it's not a big deal. As for the rest of his stuff, if you're hit by it you die (4-6mil damage give or take).

The worm afterwards is basically 2-shots you with a cast (uninterruptable), but it's staggered and you can heal it. You can also CC the worm to avoid some of it. So it's mostly mechanics > damage/healing for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    COOL, glad i have prydaz then. Might as well try it a few times. Don't want to burn too many nethershards in case I need to boost my ilvl a little. what talents did you run?
    Started off with (3,2,1,3,1,3,2) but switched hit combo to xuen later. Honestly I think hit combo would've been the better option for me, since CDs don't reset when you die and re-enter and xuen didn't really make much of a difference (probably was overall worse imo) since my problem was being braindead letting casts get off at first.
    Last edited by Shakugan123; 2017-04-03 at 07:12 PM.

I watched a video and he was using CJL to kill the totem and paralysis on the worm to stop its damage a bit. Both enemies can be cced with paralysis so when I try later I will probably start alternating cc targets once the damage reduction stacks fall off the worm.

Deleted
    can someone link a video guide or a video gameplay?

Quote Originally Posted by Zayr View Post
    can someone link a video guide or a video gameplay?
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/133132233

This is what was pinned in the monk discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Targom View Post
    I watched a video and he was using CJL to kill the totem and paralysis on the worm to stop its damage a bit. Both enemies can be cced with paralysis so when I try later I will probably start alternating cc targets once the damage reduction stacks fall off the worm.
    that's interesting. I have the legendary chest so i have big CJL with stacks and SEF...

EDIT: Didnt realize by totem we meant no hp totem...now i see, legendary is useless...just watched video now that im off work...
    Last edited by Ornerybear; 2017-04-03 at 10:08 PM.

Just got this one done at 905 ilvl after 8 tries or so. At least for me, 100% of the fight was just making sure I interrupted and killed the fel surge totem (not easy after fasting, 4 hours of sleep, and being at work let me tell you). The totem can be killed with anything (like FSK), and drops a healing sphere when killed (same with the smaller worms/eggs). Because of that I just ignored the big worm's sonic screams since I could just use those to heal back up. SEF with 4 points in CD reduction lines up pretty well with the small worm spawns too, so I only had to actively pay attention to them once through the entire fight. The spirits would just stack SCK buff when up, and I'd hit it to kill them all at once.

Just used M+ gear, no raid gear, so nothing fancy. I did slightly cheese parts of is using Archimonde's Hatred Reborn as my trinket, so I could alternate with karma if things got hairy.

I felt like it would be too risky to use transcendence to heal while Bloodtotem was up, since the first time I tried I teleported too far and couldn't interrupt in time, but when it was just the worm, switching karma/hatred shield/transcendence was enough to keep me up without having to effuse. Stun doesn't work when the worm is solo, but works prior to that, so that can give you a little breather too.

Good luck.

Deleted
    Could be fun the challenge i guess though i dont like the look of the skin at all :/ almost none of the ww skins i like but uh il get anyway.

One thing i did when i got to the worm. you can paralyze either every cast or nearly every other of his sonic screech's makes killing him alot easier! and just rotate heals and Karma for the ones you cant!

The only advice I can give based on my own screw ups is.
    - Save SEF clones for earthquake " phase " the adds will spawn during it, it makes it so much easier to handle them.
    - The worm has a mega tiny hitbox you can also use Para/Leg Sweep to interrupt sonic screech, he won't re-cast immediately.
    - I used Prydaz which I feel helped cheese this greatly.

The fight isn't a DPS race so you can even save things such as EE later into the fight to kill the adds ASAP when 4 eggs spawn. I did it on my 5/6th attempt and I'm sure guys with mythic gear will stomp it in even less attempts, now may I have a moment of your time to talk about our lord and savior Prydaz?

is there anyway to track how many bosses I have left to get the last appearance for the new one?

Just finished it - once you kill him, the worm is super easy.

Got the old heart pounding for sure, was a fun fight!

only had time to try this once tonight. got my ass handed to me. i really need to read about the mechanics a little more closely. haha

This scenario is so fucking stupid

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck yeah, finally beat it!

Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    The only good looking weapon Monks get from there is the BrM one. WW's fists looks lamer than the PvP and the Hulk fists, and pretty much ALL of the MW's weapons look like shit, including this one.

I tried MW's challenge for a bit and it definitely looked doable. Got to phase 2 a few times in only 4 or so attempts. But I just don't know if I want to spend the time there to get a weapon look I'm not even going to use... If I do do it, it'll be mostly just for the achievement.

I want the BrM one, but I'll need to get legendaries and traits into that spec before I even try. From the looks of it, the tank challenge is by far the hardest of the 3. Even slooty couldn't take his BrM past phase 1. And as of yet, don't think a single BrM has gotten it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama