Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I completed the disc and shadow one.

Shadow is my main spec, took 2 tries without flask only food buff. 910 - 42 Traits w/ sephuz and belt S2M

Disc is my offspec 907 - 38 traits w/sephuz and bracers, took aorund 30 tries to do it. Did not have a prydaz which would of made it infinitely easier. Big factor in the kill was managing when to use Pain Suppression, used PW: Solace instead of mind bender.

I completed this yesterday at 902 ilvl using 1-phase stm. Didn't use 4-piece, used shoulders and sephuz. Popped drums at around 40-45%. I didn't have trouble on the transition so I saved dispersion for the very end.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Dee View Post
    Disc is my offspec 907 - 38 traits w/sephuz and bracers, took aorund 30 tries to do it. Did not have a prydaz which would of made it infinitely easier. Big factor in the kill was managing when to use Pain Suppression, used PW: Solace instead of mind bender.
    I don't see why you'd use Solace over Mindbender. You can fade the Fel Burst into Mindbender - thus giving you one more "interrupt" of sorts and making the only difficult part of the fight easier.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I don't see why you'd use Solace over Mindbender. You can fade the Fel Burst into Mindbender - thus giving you one more "interrupt" of sorts and making the only difficult part of the fight easier.
    I used Fade/Shadow Mend for Masochism for Felbursts I couldnt interrupt, so it wasn't much of a difference except I didnt get the mana back from mind bender.

I mostly died to times when fade and fear were down and when I made a lot of mistakes I ran low on mana. Solace made the fight shorter and gives more mana if used on CD
    Last edited by 2Dee; 2017-04-17 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnash View Post
    Will leave this here:
    Prydaz makes the fight a joke. I got it on my Warlock with Prydaz, and it was a snooze fest. I then tried it on my Priest without it and couldn't survive sub 30%. Granted my Priest is also 10 item levels lower.
    Last edited by muto; 2017-04-22 at 06:08 PM.

Deleted
    Finally did the Shadow one. Very pleased. Surrendered on third hand. The breakpoint for me really was just having enough damage to be able to burn down the first two hands fast enough that you can still put out enough dps on Karam at the same time to have him close to or under 40% by the time the third one spawns.

On my successful try, using 4pc (899 equipped, belt and cloak legendaries), it was important that I went into voidform just as the first hand spawned. Used my VB spam on it and then threw some burst on Karam to try and stay in voidform for the start of the second one, which I managed. I also threw SWP on a couple of adds to try and fish for cloak procs. VF dropped like midway through the second hand so I used PI and prolonged power to burn the rest of it down and get some more dps in on Karam, and got my insanity back up to be able to surrender and go straight into voidform as the third hand spawned. From there I just went ham on the third hand, used drums as soon as Raest became attackable and focused fully on him, didn't touch an add from that point on. I got lucky that Raest threw a rune down in a convenient place so I could soak it easily, then Karam attacked again followed by a hand but late enough that I just ignored them and got Raest down. No idea how close the hand was to casting on me tbh I was tunnel visioned.

I know that's a lot of detail but hopefully it helps if anyone out there was stuck at the same breakpoint I was. Best of luck to all my shadow homies still working on it.
    Last edited by mmoce83c653b56; 2017-04-23 at 02:59 PM.

Deleted
    Just completed after id say 60+ attempts since 7.2

Tried doing it the normal way and also the cheese s2m way.

Doing it the normal way, i was always having trouble avoiding the add in 2nd phase while trying to kill/interrupt hands. Never even saw the last phase...

Manged to get it down with the surrender tactic, 901 ilvl - 17% crit - 25% Haste - 85% mastery.

Belt/Bracers leggos.

GL to u all.

Really wish they would add a way to redo them, I feel like I completely bruteforced the shadow one(908 itemlevel with sephuz+prydaz) when it first came out as I beat it on second try and so didn't really get to have any fun with it, would be fun to try it with less gear/different legendaries as I definitely would have died several times if not for prydaz.

About nerfing, would like to know as well. it did seems easier this time around.

Why do I only get "Tugar Bloodtotem" as a challenge as Disc???

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, for a moment it didn't seem like this was the healer challenge lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Why do I only get "Tugar Bloodtotem" as a challenge as Disc???

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, for a moment it didn't seem like this was the healer challenge lol.
    disc do get a dps one. dunno if they try to see how good we are to use our sheild at right time or what

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra
    I tried the Shadow one today ... having more luck with LotV than StM myself
    LotV is definetly the best for phase 1 and 2, but I personally could not get though phase 3 with it. There is just to many adds to kite, while still burning hands down and also standing on runes, to have enough time to dps Raest. Mostly died to either adds being to close to a rune or not getting the hands down fast enough so I ended up with two hands.

With StM I kept having problems in phase 2, with not getting enough damage on the Karam inbetween hands. I ended up with a lot of tries where I got a hand just as I switched to phase 3. In phase 3 as with LotV I died quite a few times to getting runes to close to adds.

The try where I killed it, I finally got Karam down just after the third hand got killed, leaving me with a good start on phase 3.
    Pop S2M, dot a few adds before popping drums and voidform, popped pot on the first hand. Ignored the second hand, it got one blast of which got soaked by Prydaz and killed Raest before the next cast.

Gear / Talents:
    Ilvl 902, using Prydaz and Sephuz's Secret. Thats 24% crit, 27% haste and 77% mastery.
    Used ToF, Mania, Mind Bomb, Reaper of Souls, Auspicious Spirits, Misery and Surrender to Madness.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Did the shadow challenge the first mage tower and holy + disc the 2nd.

Shadow just run twist of fate body and soul mind bomb reaper AS PI surrender if you have the gear. fairly simple

Disc - literal joke, one shot it. Just save fear for his fel cast while the eggs are up and kill them. Fade + masochism for the others.

Holy - 1st phase is a joke. shackle is broken here. healing the 3 adds up in the 3rd to last phase while keeping your friends up is challenging with a level 35 holy art. apothesis + bloodlust first 2 and divine hymn to help with the last 3. last phase just keep yourself alive till like 35% then your dudes will kill it. gg friends

Deleted
    I finally managed to get the Disc challenge done sub 890 ilvl. Took me a bunch of tries, and had a few really close deaths because I ran out of mana, but eventually the persistence paid off.

Talents used: Castigation/Masochism/PV/Mindbender/ToF/Halo/Purge
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-05-24 at 01:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought I'd give a try, just to find out.... While blizzard makes everything else scaling with your ilvl, surprisingly these challenges do not scale.

Artifact challenge = To grind ilvl until you can manage the "challenge".
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by Catabolicphd View Post
    Did the shadow challenge the first mage tower and holy + disc the 2nd.

Shadow just run twist of fate body and soul mind bomb reaper AS PI surrender if you have the gear. fairly simple

Disc - literal joke, one shot it. Just save fear for his fel cast while the eggs are up and kill them. Fade + masochism for the others.

Holy - 1st phase is a joke. shackle is broken here. healing the 3 adds up in the 3rd to last phase while keeping your friends up is challenging with a level 35 holy art. apothesis + bloodlust first 2 and divine hymn to help with the last 3. last phase just keep yourself alive till like 35% then your dudes will kill it. gg friends
    Oh cool, I got all the artifact skins without even trying, cause I'm such a pro and I just figured out automatically so blizz game masters gave me the achievements away.

Sorry but if you have the slightest hope that ppl believe you one shotted any artifact challenge, u really need some professional help. There are ppl done it on fewer tries but come on, none of them are Joke or one shot easy, talking for priest ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    Artifact challenge = To grind ilvl until you can manage the "challenge".
    The post right above yours makes yours look quite ridiculous, given that those challenges are most likely tuned around Normal/Heroic ToS gear.

@lifebinderx: The first phase of the Holy one is made quite easy by having undead mobs that can be CCed.
    Last edited by mmoc537bb1b290; 2017-06-02 at 02:49 PM.

I tried the Disc one at ilvl 885 and got completely fucking wrecked. Couldn't even get the guy below 80%. Even when he was that low, I was almost out of mana.

All this crap for what, an artifact appearance? No thanks, I'll keep my Benediction transmog.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I tried the Disc one at ilvl 885 and got completely fucking wrecked. Couldn't even get the guy below 80%. Even when he was that low, I was almost out of mana.
    All this crap for what, an artifact appearance? No thanks, I'll keep my Benediction transmog.
    I've been using Benediction up until this point and have never seen any appearance (or Transmog in general, for that matter) that I would like better, neither with Holy nor Disc.
    That said: The new Disc one actually manages to do that for me, especially the white-gold-blue dungeon-boss version. It's stunningly gorgeous - and was pretty much the sole reason why I pushed so much for clearing the challenge without waiting for better gear first.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just did it right now with itemlevel 905

The hardest part for me was (interesting) the endboss, i was dying because of the debuff and after this the instant jump on me.
    Just do it like the Guides and it will soon work.

My Leggys were:

Rammals
    Muzes

Etraeus Trinket
    Court of Stars Tempo trinket

and 4 Set Bonus