First 110 - 7.2.5

Hi all,

Recently returned from a long break and have finally hit 110 on my warrior (YAY me) and I have to say getting going at 100 after so long out of the game is a tad daunting.

I'm working currently working through my class hall quests since hitting 110 (only dinged last night) as I'm pretty lost where to start getting gear now in 7.2.5.

I have read/watched some guides for 7.2 and earlier to see where I need to go however most of them are for alt's or returning 110's and I don't have that luxury of flying or compendiums for AK/AP catch up and all the fun stuff.

I need all the usual things - gold/flying/gear etc and I guess a few questions I have are:

- What is the most appropriate gearing path now?
    - Do I work through Suramar now or head straight to Broken Isles?
    - Should I be building rep now? With who?
    - Wait for gear before trying to get flying or profession skill up?
    - World bosses/invasion good for gear or anything? (I didn't get one invasion during levelling)
    - As I want to PVP mainly on this toon, is PVP a viable option for gear? Is PVP gear a thing anymore?

The guild I am is fairly quiet and small, my server is kinda quiet so its hard to ask for help and my play schedule is all over the place at the moment with new job etc.

TLR - a little lost (read: completely) in getting going and any help would be great.

Thanks
    Tails

Deleted
    1. Get flying asap
    2. Broken Shore. WQs. LFR. M+.

10+ Year Old Account
    - What is the most appropriate gearing path now?
    Best way to get some decent gear quickly is farming nethershards through Broken Shore WQs and Legion invasions, then buying tokens at the Broken Shore quartermaster. Farming Sentinax portals (the Legion ship over the Broken Shore) is also a nice source of nethershards if you get a 5 person group through the group finder/guild.

Other than that, HC, Mythic dungeons and LFR/NM raids to get started.

I do advise that get flying ASAP as it will make the whole process that much faster.

- Do I work through Suramar now or head straight to Broken Isles?
    I do advise you go through Suramar as it is both a great experience and a requirement to get flying.

- Should I be building rep now? With who?
    You will get rep with every faction through WQs, reputations are a requirement towards flying, there's some gear to be gotten through reps, but Broken Shore tokens are far superior.

- Wait for gear before trying to get flying or profession skill up?
    You kind of do all of these at the same time. Try to go through some Suramar questing and WQs on a daily basis and you'll eventually get there.

- World bosses/invasion good for gear or anything? (I didn't get one invasion during levelling)
    Yep, do the world bosses every week and try to do as many invasions as possible. You'll get both gear tokens and nethershards out of them.

- As I want to PVP mainly on this toon, is PVP a viable option for gear? Is PVP gear a thing anymore?
    I do not PVP much, so I will let someone more educated on this subject handle this one.

In your order hall, keep champion quests going and Artifact Knowledge research up as much as possible.

Hope this is somewhat helpful.
    Last edited by Zoibert the Bear; 2017-06-28 at 10:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say if you want to pvp, just pvp. You'll get gear. Beyond that, if you have friends, have them run you through mythic+, otherwise worldquests and raids.

You'll want to do everything there is. It all can benefit you in some way. Thats the thing about legion. It's got almost too much content especially at first. It's quite overwhelming.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    I'd say work on getting max AK first.
    It takes just a couple hours per AK level now iirc, but it requires a bunch of Order Halls Resources, so try to get those first.
    The Suramar campaign gives a huge amount of Artifact Power, so after reaching high AK levels you'll get all traits immediately.

Don't forget to kill World Bosses and use the Coin, even if they drop an item for you. You can even get a legendary out of the coin.
    The Broken Shore also has a World Boss that spawns when the Command Center is up and drops very high ilvl gear, so keep an eye on that too.

The weekly mythic+ chest rewarded for defeating a mythic +10 also gives great gear, try to do at least one +10 every week, or as high a level as you can if you can't participate in a +10.

PVP lootboxes award gear and even legendaries. It's a good source of items, if you are only interested in PVPing, but you can't target an item like you used to before, it's random.
    The Broken Shore catch up gear, Dauntless (850 ilvl) for 400 Nethershards each and Relinquished (880 ilvl) for 5000 Nethershards each, can be targeted to quickly replace some old items, so try to get at least a full Dauntless set.
    Last edited by mmoc985e663195; 2017-06-28 at 11:37 AM.

Best way to gear is AH.
    After that it is mindlessly farming lfr and nethershards.

Unless you want to raid for real just wander around doing whatever after that and rng titanforging should take care of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I would do:

1.) Get full Dauntless gear from Broken Shore vendor. It's 400 Nethershards per item which will be at least ilvl 850 and a chance at much higher.

2.) Get your Artifact research going. It's going to take a lot of resources so prioritize world quests that give you resources. Once at Artifact Knowledge 40 you'll get all your talents quickly and can stop focusing on resources. Don't bother prioritizing world quests that offer Artifact Power, you'll get plenty along the way.

3.) Prioritize the hard to get reps - Wardens / Nightfallen (Suramar) / Armies of Legionfall (Broken Shore) through world quests.

4.) Keep an eye out for PvP dailies. They give great pvp xp (honor) and you'll want some of those talents I'm sure.

5.) Since you need all reps to revered for flying... work on those when not doing point 3 - As you also need all zones completed (Loremaster) you can get into honored just finishing up each zone.

6.) Do Suramar. It's a long ass slog so don't try and do it in one sitting. Will take like 1-2 weeks of doing every daily every day, plus the quest lines to get to exalted which is required.

Other thoughts:

-Take breaks and pvp if it's your main goal besides flying. It can give great items.

-Do every invasion you see. You can get 880(+) gear from the 5k tokens.

-I would skip LFR other than the newest iteration. ilvl is too low to be arsed with it. (Unless you want to see the content once then by all means.)

-Do world bosses when they're up. Just save your coins for the ones on Broken Shore / ToS.

- Always do whatever the Emissary world quests are. Great chance at legendaries and good rep after doing four of their World quests. (They stay up for three days so if you miss a day no biggie.)
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

I'd wait for suramar questline for at least ak 30 so that you can get more ap and more traits at once with higher ak. You can just do the first couple of steps so you unlock some world quests for emissary. Do all the wqs for rep, you'll need thatfor flying. Do pvp, if you can at least do weekly 2v2, 3v3 for rewards. You can melt pvp gear for echoes in obliterum forge, and buy new pvp gear with echoes. For gold, try to get a profession. Alch, ench or some gear crafting but it'll cost you some at the beginning, however you'll get more gold in time. And weekly m+ as high as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    What I would do:

1.) Get full Dauntless gear from Broken Shore vendor. It's 400 Nethershards per item which will be at least ilvl 850 and a chance at much higher.

2.) Get your Artifact research going. It's going to take a lot of resources so prioritize world quests that give you resources. Once at Artifact Knowledge 40 you'll get all your talents quickly and can stop focusing on resources. Don't bother prioritizing world quests that offer Artifact Power, you'll get plenty along the way.

3.) Prioritize the hard to get reps - Wardens / Nightfallen (Suramar) / Armies of Legionfall (Broken Shore) through world quests.

4.) Keep an eye out for PvP dailies. They give great pvp xp (honor) and you'll want some of those talents I'm sure.

5.) Since you need all reps to revered for flying... work on those when not doing point 3 - As you also need all zones completed (Loremaster) you can get into honored just finishing up each zone.

6.) Do Suramar. It's a long ass slog so don't try and do it in one sitting. Will take like 1-2 weeks of doing every daily every day, plus the quest lines to get to exalted which is required.

Other thoughts:

-Take breaks and pvp if it's your main goal besides flying. It can give great items.

-Do every invasion you see. You can get 880(+) gear from the 5k tokens.

-I would skip LFR other than the newest iteration. ilvl is too low to be arsed with it. (Unless you want to see the content once then by all means.)

-Do world bosses when they're up. Just save your coins for the ones on Broken Shore / ToS.

- Always do whatever the Emissary world quests are. Great chance at legendaries and good rep after doing four of their World quests. (They stay up for three days so if you miss a day no biggie.)
    Thank you so much!!

Great tips everyone - really appreciate the help!!