Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    897 Outlaw rogue here. I tried three times and only got to 89%. Was obvious to me pretty early that I wasn't going to be making it far. I have the healing legs and I was spending way too much of my energy just spamming feint and not enough of it dishing out damage. Outlaw rogues are not exactly ideal for any fight requiring reliable, heavy burst damage on demand.

I've been waiting to see any videos of any outlaw rogues completing this and I haven't yet.

Edit: 89, not 78 :P
    The healing legs are a sort of pitfall in that regard. I did mildly better if I only used feint legs once in a while. But that still doesn't get us around the issue of a string of bad RtB rolls, which eats energy and time.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    A lot of people seem to miss the point. You reduce the damage you take by dealing damage to the right enemies at the right time.
    That's pretty clear. I can't speak for other classes, but for outlaws the real problem is the inherent randomness built into our class, not the choice of strategy. And before anyone suggests eliminating the randomness by taking Slice and Dice, we can't do that without losing Marked for Death, which is one of the strongest abilities we have for encounters of this type.

I'm sure some people have managed it, and I'm curious to see what legendaries, ilvl and trinkets they ran with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Taking damage, outside of eating a boulder sometimes, isn't the issue with this fight. It's how this isn't a skills challenge as much as it's a dps check challenge " aka gear check " Because literally if you can't kill the imps and break the shield quickly enough, you fall behind and you die. If this were a true " skill " challenge, then it could potentially be done over the course of 3 hours but as long as you dodge shit/interupt shit/cc shit you would eventually win. The imp/shield soft enrage type mechanic makes it a gear check.

There is some skill required in terms of knowing when to let the slow puddle imp explode or to kill it based on situation. There is some mechanical skill required to dodge boulders and knowing you need to save Dragon's Breath as an interupt on the healing imps. But, even with doing that correctly, if you don't kil lthe shield before the umbral immunity imps spawn, you're basically fucked because now timings are off and you have combination of imp waves that are nearly impossible to recover from.

You sound really sour. Feel free to post your video once you kill it in 2-3 months so we can see how little skill is required
    He is right tho - I completed the same encounter just as a different spec than fmage and it's definitely more gear than skill-based. But what can you ask for anyway when most classes have lost their utility and rotations consist of 5-button spam.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Derzorvadur View Post
    Taking damage, outside of eating a boulder sometimes, isn't the issue with this fight. It's how this isn't a skills challenge as much as it's a dps check challenge " aka gear check " Because literally if you can't kill the imps and break the shield quickly enough, you fall behind and you die. If this were a true " skill " challenge, then it could potentially be done over the course of 3 hours but as long as you dodge shit/interupt shit/cc shit you would eventually win. The imp/shield soft enrage type mechanic makes it a gear check.

There is some skill required in terms of knowing when to let the slow puddle imp explode or to kill it based on situation. There is some mechanical skill required to dodge boulders and knowing you need to save Dragon's Breath as an interupt on the healing imps. But, even with doing that correctly, if you don't kil lthe shield before the umbral immunity imps spawn, you're basically fucked because now timings are off and you have combination of imp waves that are nearly impossible to recover from.
    Skill means you can do it with bad gear, which is current high level gear. Blizzard said it was tuned for much higher ilvl and good people with good gear will be able to do it in the first few days.

Deleted
    As a 906 ele shammy with just food and flask, i just bloodlusted at start with ascendnace, earthgraabbed the healer imps, stormkeeper the fireball imps and nuked her. Pushed her to phase 2 right as aascedance ended. Used earth elemental to tank her a bit to heal up, kept cc-ing the healer imps, keep stormkeeper for the immune imps. Use 2nd pot off cd. Fight lasts 2 min 45. If 1/2 healer imps reach her just keep flame shock on them and nuke her through it, it 's quite easy. When she switches sides drop earthgrab on the healer imp spawn spot and earthbind somewhere along the way. When they eventually get there if you havn't pushed her to jump yet just thudnerstorm and ignore them. Easy fight.

895 shammy, best attempt was 16% then got knocked. Constantly getting stuck at 25-30% now. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Derzorvadur View Post

This is what really frustrates me.
    When I finished 'Feltotem's Fall', afterwards I thought "hard, but doable". The fight was all don't stand in that, kill that totem, smoosh those eggs, inturrupt that spell, kill them close together. It took me a few tries, but it was still a skill check more than a dps check.
    Now I know of at least one person who has finished the outlaw challenge, but in comparison to the number of not-outlaws who've defeated Agatha is staggering. I'll keep banging my head against it, but it's really bugging me how these fights at least feel skewed to certain classes.

Hey,
    Here is my guide for Agatha from and Unholy DK Perspective, I hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    They weren't kidding when they said it would be difficult.

Fury Warr, but only 887, running legendary bracers and prydaz. Still haven't gotten to phase 2
    The Fury Warrior is probably the hardest if you don't have some combination of Belt/Bracers/Neck/New Golden Trait and 905+ ilvl.
    Last edited by Bullarkie; 2017-04-05 at 02:51 AM.

Deleted
    I am crying, i did a last attempt as fire mage 898 ilvl, with belt and prydaz, and i fucked up at 2%
    It still hurts, and i'll have nightmares about it this night ..

I completed this as a 903 Fire Mage. Honestly, I burnt through so many shards and flasks just to do this, but I'm glad I got it out of the way.

As others have pointed out their tips, I don't really have anything new to add to it, other than to take the exploding imps somewhere to the side and have them explode there. Other than that, I basically did the same as the other mages.

Legendaries - Belovir & Drackli
    Talent - Conflag/Shim/MI/AF/IW/LB/CiS

Deleted
    I just completed this as a 904 Elemental Shaman. After getting a few good tries in with the standard Lightning Rod build, I decided to tweak a few things because this build felt too slow for me. After researching some more, I came across someone who made a post about using Ascendance for this challenge. So I started experimenting. I managed to do the challenge with the following talents and legendaries: Path of Flame, Ancestral Guidance, Earthgrab Totem, Ancestral Swiftness, Elemental Blast, Echo of the Elementals and Ascendance. Uncertain Reminder (head) and Roots of Shaladrassil (legs).

I will try and describe here what I did. Bear in mind that you might have completely different pieces of gear all-together and whatnot, but I hope it will help any way: you pop Heroism, along with Ascendance and your Fire Elemental. You start nuking the boss and you completely ignore the adds, for now. When the first set of channeling imps come in, you pop your Artifact weapon and you nuke everything down. By this time, the boss should/could be around 50%. This is when she starts to move. All you really have to pay attention to now is dodging the boulders and keeping the imps under control with your Earthgrab Totem. Whenever your Artifact weapon is up you use it on all of the adds and use your Ancestral Guidance whenever you feel like you're in a hairy situation. Keeping Flame Shock up on the adds is kind of a must, of course. You can pop Ascendance and your Fire Elemental whenever they are back up, it really depends on how fast you bring her down. Also, you can actually pretty much ignore the adds that drop the pool of plague. Just make sure that if they do hit you, you keep the patches (almost) on top of each other. It shouldn't really bother you during the remainder of the fight. It took me around 3-4 minutes to kill her.

I must say that my legendaries really carried me through this. The head piece is incredibly nice because it gives you extra nuking power and the legs...well, need I say more...? However, I do feel like this is possible with other legendaries. Just don't give up, keep trying and tweak around with your talents! Whatever works for others, doesn't necessarily mean it also works for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    You sound really sour. Feel free to post your video once you kill it in 2-3 months so we can see how little skill is required
    I dont see any reason to post video on trivial event like this. Any event with static and simple mechanic that can be done in 1-2h can't be "hard". Show "skill" in 890 heroic gear than we can talk about it. Its absolutly same shit as was brawler before. 1st season I mean. Actually brawler was much even harder especially "lazer dance" for melees. That was hard. This event do not stay even close to it - just a joke.

p.s. also i'm talking about fire mages. Probably on other classes its a problem. For mages its just about dps. You can have skill around nighhold hc to beat it with 910+ gear. So i'm pretty sure thouthands players will get it in first day when obtain same gear as Myth farmers.
    Last edited by Visor; 2017-04-05 at 06:14 AM.

So... don't even bother as Outlaw just yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So... don't even bother as Outlaw just yet?
    It's doable, but you need certain luck with your rolls (imo). Not necessarily 6 buffs, but you'll get overwhelmed by adds/her shield really quickly if you have to reroll often. The new goldtrait would certainly help.

Deleted
    So apparently as for outlaws - yeah nope gl and have fun

Deleted
    I would concider any videos named a "guide" an actual guide when they do it with 880-890 ilvl with not the proper legendaries and just faceroll it cause they are too high ilvl and have every legendary they need for this fight.

Honestly Blizzard have the Challenge Mode system which is great, yet they are opting-in for a glorified gear check, cause that's what this is.
    And what's the point of all this? Well if you want to have this achievement/appearence you don't have any other choice then continuing to farm cause the farm is never enough in Legion.

Either way GZ to those that got their appearance

just searched youtube for outlaw video and found this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwUwj6IUFOQ

Quote Originally Posted by tholic View Post
    It's doable, but you need certain luck with your rolls (imo). Not necessarily 6 buffs, but you'll get overwhelmed by adds/her shield really quickly if you have to reroll often. The new goldtrait would certainly help.
    Is this with full raid gear?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

SO they found a use for self-healing legendaries