Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

"Pandaren have been in the game since Warcraft 3".... ?

So whenever a constructive discussion about Blizzard's motives for MoP/creation of Pandaren as a playable race or the thought that Pandaren are too "soft" for Warcraft, the first thing I always hear as a response is something along the lines of "Pandaren/MoP isn't random/cartoony/soft, they have been in the game since WC3."

How exactly is this a popular response?

WC3 wasn't centered around pandas. Yes Pandas were in WC3 but so what?

The race was originally announced as an Aprils fools joke for WC3. They also had no real lore behind them, they were just one of the many random things put in the game to give it it's flavor.

WC3 Frozen throne also had Sasquatchs, flying sheep and pengiuns roaming some of the maps so you'd probably be ok with them making a bigfoot sighting expansion, flying sheep expansion or a Surf's up expansion?

Who cares, MoP had best gameplay and raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    So whenever a constructive discussion about Blizzard's motives for MoP/creation of Pandaren as a playable race or the thought that Pandaren are too "soft" for Warcraft, the first thing I always hear as a response is something along the lines of "Pandaren/MoP isn't random/cartoony/soft, they have been in the game since WC3."

The race was originally announced as an Aprils fools joke for WC3. They also had no real lore behind them, they were just one of the many random things put in the game to give it it's flavor.

WC3 Frozen throne also had Sasquatchs and pengiuns roaming some of the maps so you'd probably be ok with them making a bigfoot sighting expansion or a Surf's up expansion?
    and its been how long since MoP and you still worry about this?
    I can't wait to watch your ego bleed
    Your pain will set me free

Stitched Up Heart

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    dude MoP is long over get over it ?

What should they do? MoP gave something new to the game, new styles and something different from all the Legion/Undead things.
    ....And what I honestly dont understand with the "hate" towards Pandaren is why Spacegoats/Cowpeople would be any better? Its a fantasy game and they should do MORE new things rather than less.
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

People are still salty about pandas? What's the major problem with them anyway? I've never understood it. It's not as if WoW doesn't have other "cutesy" things.

10+ Year Old Account
    *"Let it go" plays in the background*

Deleted

WC3 Frozen throne also had Sasquatchs, flying sheep and pengiuns roaming some of the maps so you'd probably be ok with them making a bigfoot sighting expansion, flying sheep expansion or a Surf's up expansion?
    Chen was in The Founding of Durotar, therefore canon, therefor his race is canon.

Why do you care so much? MoP has came and gone, providing some of the best storytelling and new lore for WoW. How they were in WC3 is irrelevant.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

--Snip--

--Snip--
    Guessing you were so pissed off about a race. You didnt play Mists... since EVERY zone had Pandaren Lore. Even the starting zone had major lore through out the area.

Did you have a fit with Space Goats? The introduction of Blood Elves and their allegiance to the Horde? How about Worgens? Goblins?? Dwarf Shamans? Sunwalkers? Troll Druids? The list can go on forever.

In the end it is Blizzard's IP, they add or remove whatever they want. If you do not like it, then walk away. No one is forcing you to stay.

Deleted
    guess they could do fresh lore and background to a race with no lore and background

10+ Year Old Account

Why are you whining about this now, this late?

Even so, yes, Pandaren was in WC3 and was part of the storyline. Done, deal with it. And compared with pinguins, a retarded thing to compare with, the Pandaren holds much more might. As well, Pandaria brought a different design look to our world, which was needed, really.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They did have lore, most of it was retconned with MoP.

Have a look at their non-canon RPG lore, that gives an idea of where they wanted to take the race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    Guessing you were so pissed off about a race. You didnt play Mists... since EVERY zone had Pandaren Lore. Even the starting zone had major lore through out the area.

Did you have a fit with Space Goats? The introduction of Blood Elves and their allegiance to the Horde? How about Worgens? Goblins?? Dwarf Shamans? Sunwalkers? Troll Druids? The list can go on forever.

In the end it is Blizzard's IP, they add or remove whatever they want. If you do not like it, then walk away. No one is forcing you to stay.
    Oh, I have to admit, the presentation of the Pandaren and Pandaria lore was quite well done for MoP. And there was no little amount..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grobovshik View Post
    Who cares, MoP had best gameplay and raids.
    Quite frankly, I'm discussing the lore and the atmosphere of the game. As those are primary aspects of a game.

The race was originally announced as an Aprils fools joke for WC3. They also had no real lore behind them
    Old Gods had no lore behind them when they were introduced. And while it may not have been decided to be canon at the time, the Pandaren had rather good, rather serious lore they came up with for the "joke". It wasn't just "haha look at these things they drink and are fuzzy pandas haha"

Secondly, so? Old Gods didn't have any lore in W3C. Hell, we still don't know exactly what that "Forgotten One" blob was that Arthas killed.

If you can't see the difference between sentient creatures that have their own culture and random critter/jungle mobs...

And honestly, if it was as great as MoP was? Why not?
    Last edited by Mic_128; 2017-06-04 at 09:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite frankly, I'm discussing the lore and the atmosphere of the game. As those are primary aspects of a game.
    The atmosphere of the game was as well, a needed change. And really, if you look at it as a sheet of paper, it'll be bright and lovely with ghostly paintings of terror, death and depression..

10+ Year Old Account
    What was that about a flying sheep expansion?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

7+ Year Old Account
    mists happened 2 expansions ago, just let it go already.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    What was that about a flying sheep expansion?
    OP believes that because something was in an RTS game, means it all deserves an expansion because the Pandaren had one. You know, same old Pandaria hate.