Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Feltotem's Fall Tips

Destruction Warlock
    Writhing shared some tips for this encounter.

Talents - Backdraft / Reverse Entropy / Mortal Coil / Fire and Brimestone / Demon Skin / Grimoire of Supremacy / Wreak Havoc
    Pet - Doomguard
    Legendaries - None mandatory.

Phase One
    The boss' casted spell will simply one shot you. This cast should be interrupted by your Doomguard silence. If this is not up, use either Mortal Coil, or a well timed Fear to stop the cast. You should Havoc the wyrm boss, but it is not necessary.

Phase Two
    The boss must continue to be interrupted during this phase. Use Fire and Brimstone (or Havoc) to destroy the eggs and totems which the boss spawns around him. Standing under the patches will cause the wyrm boss to lose his 9 stacks of reduced damage throughout the fight.

Once the actual boss dies, the wyrm will enrage, but you should be perfectly fine with Demon Skin. Save any remaining defensive or offensive skills if you find yourself having difficulties here, this fight has no important burst windows, and is a continuous repeat of P1 and P2.

Windwalker Monk
    Pandragon shared some tips for this encounter.

I was using Prydaz as a legendary really helped. Also used Bracers.

You can see the talent setup here. 897 ilvl.

Armory: At the time of posting this i have Prydaz and Draught equipped, since my other legendary is KBW. I did not use Draughts effect.

His felburst can get to a point where it will cast before Spearhand comes off cd. Torrent(if BE) or Stun him. I usually used Paralyze. When he summons the totem, a green circle appears on the ground. FSK hits it for half health, if you have Arcangolem Digit, it will kill the totem. Try to save clones for the worms, helps tremendously when downing them. Also, do not use Chi Wave for damage. Hold it for when you need healing. Be sparing with your heals against Tugar.

One of the biggest tips for Tugar: MAx camera distance, and stand so your camera is facing as much of the platform as possible, to see the totem being summoned.

Once Tugar is dead, the worm is a pain in the butt. His sonic scream casts more than your heals. Save them for after the scream. You can stun/paralyze the screams. Touch of Karma will full you if a scream hits it. So you can have one scream hit, then TOK the next one. Effuse helps in this phase, I was casting it a lot, as well as using Transcendence heal. Tugar took 12 attempts before I got him down. Got the worm down in that last one as well..
    Quote Originally Posted by DorjeMonk View Post
    Completed as WW Monk
    ilvl: 890, no Tier Set.
    Talents: Eye of the Tiger, Tiger's Lust, EE, Leg Sweep, Healing Elixir, Hit Combo, WDP
    Legendaries: Drinking Horn Cover, Cinidaria (only ones I have)

Useful Weak Auras

Tugar's Fel Burst: plays a sound alert and puts a bomb graphic on when he's casting it. (found it online somewhere, if anybody knows the source credit to that guy haha)
    Code:
    dGdvdaGAfv1Uqs2MkzMkQyUk0SL0nLO62cANcyVKDtP9tv0pLiggsXVf1qrcnyPGHlHdsv50ioMk15OkSqQslfjYIrsTCkEOIk9uWYuKNRQhRIPkYKLQPdDrfv5QkWZKsUUsBuk0FrQ2Sq2ovvFwO(ksuttr57srzKsr13uqJdjy8suoPuKBHu6AsPoVa9Ajsxg1HPY6wjbHc6c6kjOSsIIEgvJT94MgpUUVMUOz62dAUueTZAlyTOHehZgLeSpt)ZR5WdSeuulyTeuqu(SVqbgoMKTPGfSaKldxdliyjrrpJQrAPWWP2xuO91uRwtZUgEPiANnuG7Ge)CYqIJzt55oRa0EtJaILG0p5WIkJCxbUf4oijBFLe8OZGkj4ZRTlOjlYMi3Hh917Ly)rkZUs9Tg3pwo3jUriV2(p6Luk38SXsvoowqpt)ZRTlVcfka5YW1WcAYISjYD4rF9E2(JuMDL6BnUFKI5MXgFRX9LZDIB03AC)OV14gEjOt(5V2ds8ZcC1Qa0qIJzJsc2NPFCpMcwWIAb914qs2kyIQ2c2NP)fCTkVcwlbfeLp7l4l4djICgyjOG0g7mE2G3Ao3XmYHc(cUwd4czbnYvpBW7AEuagSGfW(zlkyTSF2Icqsi3fSptFTeuEfW(zlkyU5qQDONnmNCSGJ7XuWcwWX9OG9z6FbxRbCHS8kyFM(NxZHhyjOOwWxW1QGPztdB1sWNxZHhyjOGIQliBekWUHjdjoMnVcClG0f0uG08OeLgqXKGA21vsa6QSfvsq4wrIscfkOtIIiNTIbvsq4wrIscfkWKRSscc3ksusOqbf(lqxLTOscc3ksusOqbrUdsYwLeeUvKOKqHcmUdRKGWTIeLekuOqbVGjQArLhc8Ra3ZMUfkba
    Jormog's Sonic Scream: plays a sound alert and puts an exclamation point graphic on when he's casting it. (I interrupted all of them with Paralysis, macro below) This way you don't really need to put a focus on him every time he goes under and up.
    Code:
    dydtdaGAqK2fOQTHsmtjv1CfWSL4MGO(gcANOu7LSBk2pOYpbf9xe53IAOGsnyeQHljhus5yk4CsvwOuvlfK0Irilhvpeu4PQwMc9CKMQitwrth6IsQYvbHNHOUUsBeK42OyZcA7cLtd8vqkttQ8DqeFwipwkdduY4rjDsjvUfcCnHQZlqhMsVgKQlt1AqjDg9P(uj9GWmmK6OGcbDXjKCpYSmeV3ypYDDWsHe0XI(AqoikY5kPVgaQhMBlvFPojAE5nhcdafrc15EeiBsbRCD0zfxURZkmddPokO0XspchggIpYczcJ3n2Pqc660TneeZtCquKZHCE6InbdWshyaiPwMPQ4Opf7bDBdbzdvjDkA5Os608AM6pVMzG6mOZdTnpqTILZaJsUbDOz5gGjAe(CuK(mtIMxZu9fkuhDwXL761zqNhABEGAZz2qdan3c9Al3sda7mK48Al3sHSpb2a1wULgO2YTXjRpbuiDnneeZ1TLIoyQxh7u9GkuHa2j4iEuh5GOiNRK(sDsnlftbRCrK(C5weKn6JWhxFPojALxkQVoTYBGqqdcda1tBKLdhX9l58eZOZOJbRCDpMBqDALxkSTmU(ZgqdoIFJ7wgDALxk6JDJesMS(A8yUb1raJp1xda1dZTLQ7XCdQdJmdrweoIRFosVzPykyLR3SuuFPojALxkSTmU6RVuNenV8MdHbGIiDAE5nhcda1Rk2GoxFPoP1aq1xOUzzsCquKZPI9GEjBNkPJ2IBqL0z2ccusOq9jime02cgujDMTGaLekuNBBUs6mBbbkjuOEvSk0wCdQKoZwqGscfQhABiiBusNzliqjHc155IRKoZwqGscfkuOovFeEYW3tpMyp0noiuc

Useful Macros:

Fel Burst Interrupt (targets Tugar and interrupts him)
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /target Tugar Bloodtotem
    /cast Spear Hand Strike

Fel Surge Totem (Casts a spell at the spawned totem, for me it was CJL)
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /tar Fel Surge Totem
    /cast Crackling Jade Lightning

Jormog Interrupt (targets Jormog and interrupts him with Paralysis then targets your previous target)
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /tar Jormog the Behemoth
    /cast Paralysis
    /targetlasttarget

You might be able to use these for another class, just change the macro to reflect the spell you're using.

Tips:
    • I can not overstate how much the WAs above help. So much easier.
    • Bring the best gear you have. Enhants, Gems, Agility flasks, Drums.
    • ALWAYS prioritize interrupting Tugar over anything else.
    • The Totem has a fairly long cast time so never prioritize it over interrupting him. There's enough time to CJL it.
    • Do not run away far from Tugar to kill the totem. I always used CJL on it an never needed to move to it to melee it. You can melee it if it spawns next to you obviously.
    • Minimize damage by paralyzing Jormog every time (easy to track with macro above).
    • Remember to use Touch of Death on CD on Tugar if you're lower ilvl spectrum, you need all the damage.
    • I recommend 890 to do it comfortably. Do not waste your time on lower ilvl (I wasted countless attempts on 878) because you won't have the DPS
    • DPS is not a huge factor BUT eventually you'll get overwhelmed with 6+ worms if you don't kill Tugar fast enough. It's chaotic at that point.
    • If you have more than 4 eggs up and Tugar isn't dead or close to your ilvl is pretty much too low for this. Maybe doable but VERY VERY hard. Not worth the effort.
    • Prioritize DPS on eggs/worms and save CDs (SEF, SotWL, FoF if they're up soon). You have enough cleave to get damage into Tugar at the same time
    • Once Tugar is down Jormog is fairly easy. Paralyze the Sonic Screams. I couldn't get Leg Sweep off on him a few times but, Transcendance heal, ToK, Effuse spam were enough to keep me up when he DRd on Paralysis.
    • Crank out all DPS on Jormog fast, Drums, SEF, ToD, hit hard. Survive.

Beast Mastery Hunter
    eschatological shared some tips for this encounter.

Legendaries: Roots of Shaladrassil, Mantle of Command
    Talents: WotC, DF, Posthaste, Bestial Fury, Binding Shot, AMoC, KC
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Soelle/simple

Played pretty sloppy, but got it within 10 pulls.

Don't know how I would have done it without the passive healing from legendary legs (not my normal setup, they've been rotting in my bank). Probably would have gone wyvern sting to interrupt the sonic scream from the worm (immune to interrupt, but susceptible to CC).

General strategy: Alternate Counter Shot and Freezing Trap to interrupt Fel Burst. One fel burst comes right after the earthquake/egg spawns, so I sometimes delay switching to adds to get the Fel Burst. Especially if I have to use Freezing Trap, as it has a travel time. This is why I also stand close to him, even when the pet has aggro.

The worm has 9 stacks of 10% armor reduction. I run a lot during the burrow phase to try and kite him thru the sand pits, which take off a stack. As you can see, by the time the main boss dies, his stacks are gone.

Only macro I used was for targeting the fel surge totems, as below:
    #showtooltip
    /target Fel Surge Totem
    /cast Cobra Shot
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    BM hunter, 906 equipped and I used mantle+legs.

Got it in 12 attempts.

Tips;
    - The fel surge one shot comes right at the start, then its basically rotated with earthquake. Fel > Quake > Fel > Quake > Fel
    - Always prioritise the totem, it stuns you but you can kill it with a single hit(tab cobra shot or /target macro will do)
    - The hardest Fel surges are the ones that happen after earthquake, as your dealing with eggs/worms and trying to stand on patches to bait the worm without being hit. Just remember a Fel surge is always coming when your dealing with eggs, so be ready to target Tugar and interrupt.
    - You can safely kill the worm from full hp to zero *after* Tugar if you have the healing legs but you still need to CC/Turtle screams(I wouldn't recommend it otherwise)
    - Without healing leggos, you will need to focus some dmg into the worm after the earthquake phases so that he is low hp as Tugar dies.
    - The worm and Tugar can both be CC'd by any means, use traps/intimidation on worm when not needed for Tugar interrupts, it'll minimise scream dmg.
    - Use a dps pet(with bloodlust) you don't need a tank pet at all for this. If your pet dies to a fel surge, use his insta res(Ferocity only) and misdirect to him. You'll have aggro for a minute or so while pet aggro catches up, but the boss will eventually go back on your pet.

Other than that, just focus and be prepared. Flask, food, rune like you would for any progress raid and make sure to prepot + 2nd pot later. Although its not really a dps race, but killing it faster makes it easier in terms of having to do less rotations of fel surge/quake but its all about survival so take your time and focus on mechanics(especially during quake) then burst your dps in the "quiet" phases where its less hectic.

GL peeps, the weapon looks pretty good and its a combination of a gun/crossbow. It also fires electric crossbow bolts.
    Quote Originally Posted by hercle View Post
    Beast Mastery
    Talents: DS, Stomp, Posthaste, OwtP, Intimidation, Volley, KC
    ilvl: 900, 4pc
    Legends: Roots of Nordrassil + Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus
    Pet + spec: BL pet in Ferocity spec

Interrupts: Counter Shot, Intimidation, Freezing trap.
    Interrupts + rotation: Counter shot -> Intimidation -> Counter Shot -> Freezing Trap - and start from beginning Counter shot -> Intimidation -> Counter Shot -> Freezing Trap.... U can keep Cow in Freezing Trap for some time to make sure other breaks CD runs off.

General info and tips: Use Misdirection on CD (for dmg reduction), use Mend Pet on CD. Move only when shit spowns underneath your feet. Stand still most of times for Roots of Nordrassil heals. Ignore the worm untill Cow is done. Interrupts are prio even with extra adds spown. For Freezing Trap move closer to Cow to reduce delay for traping (throw and trigger). I used BL after first breaks sequence, right after Freezing Trap.

If your pet somehow dies its not the end of fight. With legends i suggest u can ress youre pet and continue the fight, but pet wont take back the aggro. Legends give enough heal to tank the fight but you have to aviod spowning shit on the ground.

Discipline Priest

Quote Originally Posted by ChahDresh View Post
    Completed as 896 Disc priest, after about 40 attempts. Ran cold out of mana at the end, ha.

Talent setup: Castigation, Masochism, Psychic Voice, Mindbender, Power Infusion, Halo, Purge the Wicked. Masochism is a must to help recover from the Fel Bursts you can't interrupt. Psychic Voice should be obvious. My uptime with Twist of Fate was really low because you typically stay at high health or get killed almost instantly, so I went PI instead. I initially was going with Divine Star, but Halo works better for a number of reasons; while two DS do more damage than one Halo, running around trying to position it right was more trouble than it was worth, while Halo is fire-and-forget, and Halo has the added bonus of clipping totems during certain moment. Purge the Wicked helped a lot both because I needed all the damage I could get, and because the auto-spread helps clean up the worms.

Consumables: on my kill, I used Prolonged Power (he hugs us so Deadly Grace underachieves), flask, rune, health/mana pots, and Drums, which turned out to be the critical component I was missing for the longest time; the extra damage early in the fight while there are fewer mechanics to manage made all the difference.

Legendaries: I used Prydaz and Sephuz. Prydaz saves a ton of damage over the fight; Sephuz has a ton of uptime. Don't have Cord of Maiev or it would be worth considering, but probably only over Sephuz, not Prydaz.

Dealing with the Fel Burst: this is the number one thing that will kill you. Psychic Scream is the counter, but the CD of Burst is half the CD of Scream even talented. You don't have to interrupt every time you can (I eat the first one just because I already have a PW: Shield and Prydaz), but if you don't interrupt you need to have measures in place to keep you up. Generally though you'll be interrupting as often as you can.

To survive Fel Burst, you need to be topped off, have a fresh shield, and (ideally) Fade. The muscle memory you'll build is you'll get a sense of when the Burst is coming, Fade, then Shield, before the hit comes, then Shadow Mending to get some health back and give a buffer against future damage.

Dealing with the worms: during the earthquake cast, three rocks will fall. (Don't be hit by the rocks.) You want to be in the general position here, preferably so you have the rocks in front of you. If you do, you'll be able to see the eggs as they fall. DoT them up *immediately*, then Halo when you can. (This may be about the time of a Fel Burst; don't rush the Halo if it means messing with surviving the Burst.) If your DoT was quick enough, this should be enough to pop the eggs before the worms ever hatch. If not, you can manually DoT the worms, or sometimes your Purge will spread naturally from your Penance and take care of it.

Dealing with the totem: not much to say here. it's a priority target to stomp with a quick DoT cast, and sometimes Halo will sweep it away on its own, which is nice. Humans can pop out of the stun in emergencies but don't plan on this.

On DPS: you can see I went heavy on the consumables, and that's because additional DPS goes a long way on this fight. This is for three reasons. First, a shorter fight gives fewer opportunities for things to go wrong. Every time you have to repeat the mechanics you risk making a mistake and getting one-shot; the shorter the fight, the fewer times you might make a mistake.

Second, the bad guys use their abilities more and more rapidly as the fight progresses. By about four and a half minutes, the CD on Fel Burst is short enough that you'll have to burn your heavy cooldowns to maintain. Shortly thereafter things become quite unmanageable. If you're not close to finishing him off by the five minute mark you're probably toast.

Third, mana. I ran out of mana, even popping a mana potion with an Alchemist's Stone boosting it. The big worm doesn't have that much health, thankfully, so just roll CDs to survive his Sonic Scream (which has one-shot potential when he enrages) and you can get him down.... not leisurely, but safely. If you run out of mana when Tugar is still alive you're toast.
    Last edited by chaud; 2017-04-15 at 10:21 PM.

Every Disc Priest just sitting here like... "Whelp.."

Thanks to Rivellana for an awesome signature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonygoon View Post
    Every Disc Priest just sitting here like... "Whelp.."
    Also waiting for Blizzard to explain why we're the one healer doing a dps challenge.

Oh cool, a fight that is based solely around your ability to interrupt.. I know, Disc Priest!

Thanks to Rivellana for an awesome signature

Quote Originally Posted by Goonygoon View Post
    Oh cool, a fight that is based solely around your ability to interrupt.. I know, Disc Priest!
    Indeed...

On another note:

Your welcome. Turns out we just have to eat the 3mil hit when we can't fear it. Good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice if this quest didn't require healing/bubbling legendaries for a BM Hunter to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilas13 View Post

Your welcome. Turns out we just have to eat the 3mil hit when we can't fear it. Good times.
    Go Mindbender. Fade + Mindbender = he hits your pet instead of you. that means you can cover 3 out of every 4. Supplement with Pain Suppression, Masochism, Fade, etc.

1: Fade + Masochism. Not much damage going out for the first one.
    2: Fear
    3: Fade + Bender
    4: Fear
    5: Fade + Masochism (make sure you have 2 stacks of Focused Will too, so make sure the boss hits you in the face twice).
    6: Fear
    7: Fade + Bender
    8: Fear
    9: Fade + Pain Suppression
    10: (Fear wasn't up for this one, so I popped Fade, Barrier, and had Masochism up)
    11: Fear
    12: Fade + Bender

For BM Hunters, get the legendary legs and you can get it in 5 trys

This shit isn't even fun. Doable ya (kind of), but fun? Absolutely not. Games are supposed to be fun. This is not what I'd call fun, even with good gear for it seems prone to bug (because it's very poorly designed to be honest) and overtuned. Not dying to totems or to missing interrupts, it's my pet dying to cave ins and shit and the whole thing becoming very chaotic.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-04-04 at 12:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    This shit isn't even fun. Doable ya, but fun? Absolutely not.

Guessing 885 isnt going to cut it as a Disc, especially without any kind of mana trinket.
    I'm oom by time i have him around 40%

Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    Guessing 885 isnt going to cut it as a Disc, especially without any kind of mana trinket.
    I'm oom by time i have him around 40%
    I am 904 equipped with both hunter healing legendaries, it's just a really stupid poorly designed encounter. But the appearances it gives are nice. I don't give a shit about the others for my hunter and they look terrible anyways, so what's the point in the difficulty when the reward is complete crap?
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-04-04 at 01:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    I am 904 equipped with both hunter healing legendaries, it's just a really stupid poorly designed encounter. But the appearance it gives are nice. I don't give a shit about the others for my hunter and they look terrible anyways.
    Right on. The new skin was more or less my personal favorite thing about the whole patch. When I first saw the picture
    of the new Disc staff. I was like "okay I'll continue to play"

So this is quite frustrating finding out its more or less gated by mythic raiding gear level. I'm sure there will be better
    priests than I around 885 ilevel completing it. Already at wipe 21, 41% being the best I could swing before lack of mana
    killed me

Weird, I only pulled him once earlier today on BM hunter just to see it, and I was able to kill the worm immediately. Heh, apparently that was a bug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dome Fossil View Post
    Weird, I only pulled him once earlier today on BM hunter just to see it, and I was able to kill the worm immediately. Heh, apparently that was a bug.
    Its happening same here...already 6 times that i one shot tugar . with worm 90% reduced dmg taken to kill

BM hunter without healing legendaries. I did have my two best DPS legendaries but the hardest part here is budgeting health over the fight; without healing legendaries you really can't afford to get hit by anything avoidable.

Actually, semi take it back this shit is ez as fuck if you just don't use a tanking pet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Windwalker Monk
    Once Tugar is dead, the worm is a pain in the butt. His sonic scream casts more than your heals. Save them for after the scream. Touch of Karma will full you if a scream hits it. So you can have one scream hit, then TOK the next one. Effuse helps in this phase, I was casting it a lot, as well as using Transcendence heal. Tugar took 12 attempts before I got him down. Got the worm down in that last one as well..
    You can stun/paralyze the screams, makes it rather simple

Uploading a video to youtube (shit internet, so will take a while...) in case people want another POV for WW monk:

Completed it in 21 tries with my 895 ilvl ww monk (mostly pvp gear), it was cancer anyways

hay guys i am a bm hunter in tm server
    anyways i found it very helpful for bm hunter to simply get this pet Direhorns for its ability to deflect that cast therefore ur pet wont die and it can completely mitigate the dmg from his cast just make ur u dont cast kill command while while u have the pet channel his ability Reflective Armor Plating [Special Ability]
    Channeled 30 sec cooldown
    Deflects all spells cast in front of the Direhorn for 6 sec.
    then u can silence
    then u can trap if needed.

tip two if u have the help u can use it to heal just make sure u use it while moving so u dont rest the boss.

first time to write here.
    please let me know if this was helpful at any point .

h t t p s : // ibb . co / cux0RQ
    remove the spaces to see image
    after 98 tires or more i have done it
    no healing legs just the head
    spirit beast was used
    ilvl 890
    it was hell but i did it i feel soo proud !
    Last edited by Montaz; 2017-04-15 at 09:45 PM.

And the upload of my Disc PoV is now also complete:

I decided to go for interrupting the earthquakes and heal through the cast. At <30% I swapped the mechanics. (played then earthquake and interrupted the cast)
    If the Tauren is dead, the encounter is almost done.