Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So with 895 i can forget the challenge in the Beginning i guess ?

As DH.

sucks to be me

Quote Originally Posted by Kelhtor View Post
    So with 895 i can forget the challenge in the Beginning i guess ?

As DH.

sucks to be me
    If you can't meet the dps requirement you're SOL. Just save your free turn and don't bother with it until you're around 905-910 ilvl.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/133293728

Video of a guardian beating the challenge before the nerf.

Tanks
    Stunning Inquisitor Variss on encounter start no longer prevents him from using Aura of Decay.
    Eye health has been reduced by 30%.
    Infernal spawn frequency has been reduced by 5 seconds.
    Last edited by Sury; 2017-04-04 at 08:04 AM.

Deleted
    Completed it on a brewmaster.

youtube.com/watch?v=BVl_Mx3CpyM

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    If you can't meet the dps requirement you're SOL. Just save your free turn and don't bother with it until you're around 905-910 ilvl.

This is my Char so far:

eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/blackmoore/Kelh/simple

I Guess i giving one or two trys at least...

Anyone knows how to make the ground effect for death and decay visible? Apparently it is supposed to have one as seen in the videos, yet in none of my tries it was there.

Deleted
    The prot warrior video is great, but I don't think it could use some supporting info. From the youtube description, here is the gear / talent setup: i.imgur.com/xMr8DXW.png

Things I noted:
    • Healing stuff. Mannoroth's bracers, Fang of Tichondrius, Impending Victory.
    • Overall high gear level (912 equipped), including 4 piece tier set
    • Storm Bolt for ranged stun, Bounding Stride (leap used a lot), Anger Management (many CDs)

Deleted
    I don't see how I'm supposed to deal with 4+ infernals up at once as a prot paladin. I got the 1st boss to around 40% many times, but at that point it just seems like pure randomness where I just run in circles around the boss with all the adds and hope no infernal manages to hit me with the smash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    No, it really isn't. Regardless of what you think though, dps is not what tanks are about, so designing an encounter around it is weird as fuck. They could just as well have used this challenge for dps, but it's for tanks only which would suggest that it's supposed to differ.

Tanks are not damage dealers, we are tanks.
    Tanks have been about maximising DPS since WotLK regardless of what you think mate.
    The days of 'wait for 3 stacks of sunder armor' and the general threat race are long gone.

These days it's about making:
    1 - figure out when to use your defesive CD's when progressing
    2 - as soon as you stop dying > maximsing DPS. Or in your case, slacking perhaps
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    what exactly heals kruul in phase 2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    I think we all know what class this was tuned to for this challenge, looking at you Veng DHs and pre-bug fix Bears. Some tank classes literally don't have the damage if they want to survive, while others, like BrM monks just get roflstomped by everything because of the poor spec design by blizz.

This is what we get for blizzard doing only internal testing. Will 925 ilvl make this easier? Oh yeah, but until then most tanks can't manage unless they have insane gear OR are the right spec.
    that's the idea, so it's working as intended.
    If you could do it with 880ilvl with a sub optimal talent build and half your artiact weapon completed .... that would've been way way worse ..

Deleted
    What else besides the Infernals knocks you back?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Failure to look directly at the eyes knock you back as well.

For those tanks that don't have a leap or an intercept, bring a glider. It will save you once, which can be useful.

I think a DPS check is fine. Personally though, I think how P2 is designed is really sloppy. P1 actually works pretty well. P2 is mostly about DPS, your entry to P2 (meaning doing P1 well) and praying that Korvas isn't in a bad place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    Anyone knows how to make the ground effect for death and decay visible? Apparently it is supposed to have one as seen in the videos, yet in none of my tries it was there.
    Graphics - Outline mode: Good or high (had same issue with some textures in early legion e.g. MoS 2nd boss puddles)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    I dunno, PG was too scripted imo, this actually requires me to use my brain. That being said, I've put in 34 attempts today with my best one only getting him down to 18%. It doesn't make sense that we are expected to both tank and dps to win though. I know this will get easier with more gear (I'm a 905 Guardian) but it seems like if the goal is to test our ability as tanks, then there should be dps in there. Maybe it should have been a 3 person group where you are matched to others of similar ilvl instead of just you and Velen?
    I'm not saying the challenge needs to be on a level with the proving grounds one, just that the proving grounds actually tested your ability to tank, not dps. They could have designed the encounter with inspiration of the proving grounds one, but thrown in more difficult and dangerous mechanics if needs be to make it more challenging.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    Tanks have been about maximising DPS since WotLK regardless of what you think mate.
    The days of 'wait for 3 stacks of sunder armor' and the general threat race are long gone.

These days it's about making:
    1 - figure out when to use your defesive CD's when progressing
    2 - as soon as you stop dying > maximsing DPS. Or in your case, slacking perhaps
    No they haven't. I don't give a fuck about damage and I will never try to maximize it ever. I don't progress Mythic raiding and if that's what it takes I never will, fuck pushing damage as a tank.

Our job is to protect the group and survive to the best of our ability, help out with any additional mechanics we can, if our job was to deal damage then just remove the tank role already.

Yikes. If I want a DPS challenge, I'll play Ret spec.

In Prot, I want to manage pulls/adds, deal with encounter/environment mechanics, handle incoming damage, safeguard my party... you know, tank stuff.

Deleted
    Well, wasted about 2K shards into this.

For the time being, worthless(IMO) to attempt as prot pally(Off-spec for me)

On average over 900K-1M dps by the time I get killed/knocked off.

You get swarmed at some point in the fight and it's just ugh...

Effectively not even possible to dps the boss as you have to clear out the eyes/adds, dodge the smash, face the eyes when alive etc.

I don't know man, that 80M feels like stupidly overtuned for prot paladin. Since other tanks are sitting at what 50M? 40M? I don't get it.

If it's for legit, and I haven't looked yet, then it's likely tuned around having tier from ToS? Because well, I just heard that you need like 1.1M dps for P2 so RIP.

911 prot pally, not the best trinkets though. Doing it with Aggramars and Sephuz since running around is like a thing.
    @Blizzard, Prot Paladin doesn't have stupidly high dps if it can't even maintain proper contact, let alone double dps... These health pools are baffling.

My 2cents so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    No they haven't. I don't give a fuck about damage and I will never try to maximize it ever. I don't progress Mythic raiding and if that's what it takes I never will, fuck pushing damage as a tank.

Our job is to protect the group and survive to the best of our ability, help out with any additional mechanics we can, if our job was to deal damage then just remove the tank role already.
    Thing is, this is what defines a good player from a mediocre player. If blizzard didn't want us to do DPS we'd have no DPS abilities
    Don't expect the DPS to do all the DPS and the healers to do all the healing on mythic Krosus while you can just sit back and slowly roll through your major cooldowns.

We expect our Healers and our tanks to help out with the DPS just how we expect our tank and DPS to help out with the healing if it's needed on some of the rougher parts of the fight.

This challenge is VERY MUCH tuned for high end mythic raiders as of this writing.

that's the idea, so it's working as intended.
    If you could do it with 880ilvl with a sub optimal talent build and half your artiact weapon completed .... that would've been way way worse ..
    I see this as a problem. I should be able to walk in with any talent build and complete this. If I have to use specific talents then the talent system failed it's only goal of providing choice with little impact to gameplay. Once something becomes mandatory for an encounter then the ability or passive should be baseline.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

Deleted
    Thing is, this is what defines a good player from a mediocre player. If blizzard didn't want us to do DPS we'd have no DPS abilities
    Don't expect the DPS to do all the DPS and the healers to do all the healing on mythic Krosus while you can just sit back and slowly roll through your major cooldowns.

We expect our Healers and our tanks to help out with the DPS just how we expect our tank and DPS to help out with the healing if it's needed on some of the rougher parts of the fight.

This challenge is VERY MUCH tuned for high end mythic raiders as of this writing.
    I disagree, good damage doesn't make a good tank. As for Krosus, and quite frankly most of the fights on Nighthold and Emerald Nightmare, none of them has enough tank mechanics. Krosus is a snore-fest for tanks and there isn't enough mechanics to differentiate a good tank from a great one.

Oh, and there's a HUGE difference between "we expect our tanks and healers to help out with the DPS" when possible, and what the role is actually about. This whole challenge is meant to be your way of showing that you know your class and role, yet it tests our damage, not our ability to tank.

I had a co-tank that thought a lot like you in HFC, guardian druid who would even use the legendary ring as a damage increase rather than survival. He couldn't handle cooldown management, positioning or other mechanics at all, but he pulled good damage. Is he a good tank in your eyes? In my eyes he's complete garbage.

Mythic plus has been the only interesting challenge so far where I actually get to do my job, as the raids have proved quite disappointing.