Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    I always tell my groups that I (the tank) will handle 1-2 orbs, but if anything is not near me or we have a half-dozen spawn at once then they better be watching and helping.
    I do hate this week purely because its not as relaxing. I like relaxing M+, even at high level...

I never do 7+ on explosive week. Hate this affix so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

i think its fine, its not that hard to target and kill them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radianshot View Post
    An orb that literally can't be 1shot by most healer abilities (except hpals), cannot be macro targeted with /tar(Great job on this, now why are shaman totems in pvp still macro targetable?), spawns completely randomly, spawns from the most random of adds (even if u cant attack them), dealing GLOBAL 50% max hp damage (unless LoS'ed).
    Reports so far are CoS last boss's images spawning orbs, invisible mephistoroth on cathedral p2 spawning orb (and flyby bats), wall of ghosts in VoW spawning orbs...
    I sincerely wish pug groups all the best for this week.

Suggested fix: (Pick any)
    Reduce Radius of explosion to 5-10 yards
    Reduce damage of explosion to 10%, multiple explosions stackingly increase damage taken from orbs for 5s to up to 50%
    Increase health by 30%, lose their 'totem' status and can be hit by AoE
    Reduce health of orb to 1/5/50 (To be 1-shottable)
    Reduce frequency of spawning (Instead of 5s, 12s - 15s)
    Set a cap on number of spawnable orbs every tick to 2

MUST FIX (Like seriously)
    Spawning from the most stupid of un-targetable stuff (Like mephistoroth that is hidden under the floor or something, and walls of ghost-felsong in VoW, CoS melandrus images)
    Orbs being so small and unclickable under massive adds (or cluster of adds)

Please leave comments on what you think of this terrible affix that clearly didn't get testing in PTR (or feedback was ignored in favor of 'it works')
    As it currently stands, this affix is just plain NOT FUN. This makes it a poor design choice on the Dev's part. The point of Affixes is to increase the challenge in the dungeon, this affix just saps the fun out of it. It's tedious, its annoying, it can be frustrating but not in a good way like say Dark Souls, it's frustrating in an unpleasant way like Superman 64.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    a lot of classes are penalized for switching, and tanks are usually the ones that's least affected by them. The only tank that has issues killing large number of orbs by himself will be paladin since SoTR has a relatively long CD compared to other more spammable abilities and is used defensively, and Avenger's shield doesn't hit them at all. You can play around that by taking the double Judgment talent. As far as spammable abilities or abilities with low CD/high refresh rate goes

Tanks:
    Druid: Mangle, Maul, or GG-MF one shots them
    Warrior: Shield Spam, or just autos from Devastator. These orbs proc Victory Rushes so are basically free healing when you kill them
    DH: Fracture, a few Shears if low on resources
    Monk: BoS, TP (not sure if you can one shot without BoC)
    DK: Heart Strike (if you target them), Death Strike, Marrowrend

Most healers also have instant casts or abilities that can 1-2 shot orbs in a reasonably high key.
    Definitely an affix that is handled rather well at the higher end (organized teams. tank and healer switching + los) and poorly by the lower end (pugs that don't los or have tanks/healers help)

Deleted
    It's the worst affix of them all and the fun stops that week. Maybe it's ok, we need an off week once in a while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    As it currently stands, this affix is just plain NOT FUN. This makes it a poor design choice on the Dev's part. The point of Affixes is to increase the challenge in the dungeon, this affix just saps the fun out of it. It's tedious, its annoying, it can be frustrating but not in a good way like say Dark Souls, it's frustrating in an unpleasant way like Superman 64.
    How is it bad design choice? Its challenging at times yes, but come on calling it bad design choice, because you have issues with it is ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingpig View Post
    How is it bad design choice? Its challenging at times yes, but come on calling it bad design choice, because you have issues with it is ignorant.
    On high fortified keys it favors classes with high and fast burst. The Orbs gain HP too. Up to 15/16 i can solo up to 4 orbs spawning at once. On 18/20 thats not the case anymore because I need to many GCDs. Another point is, that all my spells, except DND and BB hit the orbs. On my protection paladin alt my hammers don't even hit the orbs. Even if I target them, which is annoying. On my WL alt in high keys I needed 3 second channels to kill 1 orb. But other affixes favor classes too, so I can live with it.

What is really annoying, is that CCed mobs still spawn orbs (which often results in a CC break) and some mobs spawn orbs on unfortunate positions. Which makes dealing with them really bad. Examples for this are leaping mobs spawning an orb right after a leap out of range of melees and tanks (cats in DHT or wolves in HoV). Then there are bosses like serpentrix, who spawns orbs at player locations (again out of range of some members) or bosses with adds like second boss DHT spawning orbs on far away roots. If they changed that, it would still be challenging but less annoying to deal with them as a tank or melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingpig View Post
    How is it bad design choice?

Did you cover your eyes and ears and yell "LALALALALALLALALA!" when you got to OP's list of problems with it?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that bad, it's bad but not as bad as people say.

That's because most people play with pug or selfish people who literally never target orbs or do anything.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

As someone who is mostly playing healer specs, I find the explosive affix very fun. It allows me to make a difference - by focusing on orbs. It allows me to race on the DPS meters against my party, trying to always do the most damage on the explosives in my party. I can feel more engaged and more important to the success this way. It's especially fun on larger and harder pulls when the intense healing is needed but also a lot of explosives spawn - it's a lot of satisfaction being able to handle both at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Did you cover your eyes and ears and yell "LALALALALALLALALA!" when you got to OP's list of problems with it?
    Surely most of the mentioned problems were fixed by now? I played a lot of keys previous week, and did not see any non-sense situations. For example, "CoS last boss's images spawning orbs" - pretty sure this is not happening anymore. Same with Cordana's walls. I do remember one explosive would normally spawn during the walls phase, but surely that was off Cordana herself (otherwise we would have gotten a whole bunch of them, not just one).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    tbh you kind of just blew my mind right now. have i been viewing this affix wrong the whole time?

tanks and healers should be the ones dealing with the orbs...? i have been under the impression it's the DPS' job to switch to them, but now that I really actually stop to think about it, mobs die soooo slowly in teeming/explosive/fortified solely BECAUSE DPS is forced to be pulled off to switch to orbs...
    Tank and healer should be expected to handle most explosives. If the dungeon is particularly unfriendly (e.g. Lower Kara with lots of big pulls) it's convenient to get a DPS player who is comfortable doing orbs and assign them on this duty. But tank and healer should still aim to do as much as possible. On huge pulls, everyone should try to help with orbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    As someone who is mostly playing healer specs, I find the explosive affix very fun. It allows me to make a difference - by focusing on orbs. It allows me to race on the DPS meters against my party, trying to always do the most damage on the explosives in my party. I can feel more engaged and more important to the success this way. It's especially fun on larger and harder pulls when the intense healing is needed but also a lot of explosives spawn - it's a lot of satisfaction being able to handle both at the same time.

Surely most of the mentioned problems were fixed by now? I played a lot of keys previous week, and did not see any non-sense situations. For example, "CoS last boss's images spawning orbs" - pretty sure this is not happening anymore. Same with Cordana's walls. I do remember one explosive would normally spawn during the walls phase, but surely that was off Cordana herself (otherwise we would have gotten a whole bunch of them, not just one).

- - - Updated - - -

Tank and healer should be expected to handle most explosives. If the dungeon is particularly unfriendly (e.g. Lower Kara with lots of big pulls) it's convenient to get a DPS player who is comfortable doing orbs and assign them on this duty. But tank and healer should still aim to do as much as possible. On huge pulls, everyone should try to help with orbs.
    Most of the shit that makes them annoying is still there. Them spawning off of each other is one of the most annoying things. You can go from 0 Fel Explosives to immediately 5 because of this shit. When that happens in high keys (especially with Teeming/Fortified, yes Fort also buffs their HP, like we had last week) it's pretty much a wipe since you can't 1 shot them, takes like 2-3 GCDs to do it. Even the best teams I was watching on Twitch were getting repeatedly fucked over by this. Was especially bad in MoS.