Sentinax Beacon Drop Rate

Were Sentinax beacon drops nerfed or something? I've gotten 2 green quality ones in 2 hours... Its literally just shards and cloth dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    Were Sentinax beacon drops nerfed or something? I've gotten 2 green quality ones in 2 hours... Its literally just shards and cloth dropping.
    Front page says they are nerfed indeed

Deleted
    How about their duration? Every beacon I opened yesterday were gone within 15-30 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account

RIP empowered portal Sentinax farming. It was fun while it lasted.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    No it actually says that they should drop more:

Portal enemies should now drop their beacon type much more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    What are you referring to? I see it says beacon drops were increased.

Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    What are you referring to? I see it says beacon drops were increased.
    Oh the other thing seems to be nerfed... sorry

They were hugely nerfed. Rare beacons don't really drop anymore, portals last 1 minute instead of 2, and LT's are still basically worthless. From 150+ shards/min to under 50 sucks. Mind you, that number is going to go down as more people run out of rare beacons.

I think what they're trying to do is make demon invasions worth it. I noticed during the invasion that, as good of a source of shards as the WQs are, it still paled in comparison to Sentinax.

A good solution to this would just be to make the demon invasion WQs commonly drop/reward rare Sentinax beacons. I don't really like Sentinax farming but I know some do.

edit: Also noticed that the lieutenants give a pretty substantial amount of Sentinax beacons now, so maybe that's why.
    Last edited by Irian; 2017-04-05 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I think what they're trying to do is make demon invasions worth it. I noticed during the invasion that, as good of a source of shards as the WQs are, it still paled in comparison to Sentinax.

A good solution to this would just be to make the demon invasion WQs commonly drop/reward rare Sentinax beacons. I don't really like Sentinax farming but I know some do.

edit: Also noticed that the lieutenants give a pretty substantial amount of Sentinax beacons now, so maybe that's why.
    Compared to what you could get dropping from groups, the lieutenants drops are abysmal. It seems you get 2-3 green quality beacons from the bosses. I think the system was fine the way it was. If they're intent was to entice people to do invasions, that's a convoluted logic since invasions are only once every 3 days for 6 hours... I dunno, maybe they were concerned people were gearing too fast.

Deleted
    Yeah, it's gonna be a much more protracted experience getting my alt that catch-up gear now but it was obvious it was going to be nerfed to bolivion. They made the entire thing far too lucrative in too many different ways. All of that Felslate and Starlight Rose was bound to tank the value of professions; although i, for one, wouldn't have been sad about that... people interested in buying tokens, however...

You get World BoE's like crazy because of how many bodies you end up looting, I ended up getting 2 when I haven't had a single one in all the time I've played for Legion before that. Again, with the forging system it's questionable whether that was such a bad thing.

Also the qq from mythic raiders would have been endless if they thought people could endlessly gamble for forge procs and award them gear almost comparable to their own. It was bad enough with lightning occassionally striking twice (then three and four times) in LFR.

On the other hand, farming 5000 now for a chance at an item with maybe(?) the right stats, and perhaps(?) a titanforge ilvl increase just feels bad. Gambling loot like that only really works if you can farm it out at a steady pace. It's pretty clear that an all-in-one farming solution is contrary to the games design goals, however, so I don't really understand why they made it that way in the first place. Maybe everyone at Blizzard is overworked.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have yet to use mine, sitting on 15 at the moment..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..